Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I enhance a bot?

goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
When I try to enhance a bot it takes the items but doesn't seem to do anything to the bot. Anyone else having this issue.
Post edited by goldann25 on

Comments

• dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I can't figure out how to "enhance" my cleaner bot either. It's a task for the Robotics Club, but I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

@goldann25 You might want to change the title of this thread to something like: How do I enhance a bot? :)
  • davidp0418davidp0418 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I have this problem. At first I was thinking it could be a mod causing the problem, then removed ALL of my mods except MCCC, and still had the same problem. The tune-up option works, it is just the enhance that doesn't.
    The problem was that my Sim didn't have the right parts in her inventory. Unfortunately there was no indication of this on the workbench. It does seem to appear after the first enhancement.

To enhance a Cleaning Bot you need:
    • 10 salvage parts
    • 1 common upgrade part
    • 2 electronic upgrade parts
    • 2 mechanisms
    • 1 computer chip
    What I'm finding is that my Sim never completes the task. She starts to "enhance" the bot then gets distracted by another task. This uses up all he parts and there is no resume for this task. I've tried giving her no other tasks as well as stacking tasks, either way she abandons the "enhance" task and my parts disappear.
  • goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    for me the task looks like it is going to start but just disappears. parts gone and no change to the bot. I also don't have and mods installed at this time.
  • davidp0418davidp0418 Posts: 2 New Member
    If I have double in my inventory what the workbench asks for, then the enhance task will complete. So if the workbench ask for 1 computer chip, then I have 2 computer chips in the inventory. I was able to get a party bot to enhance level 10 this way, just by making sure I had double of everything the workbench asked for before I started to enhance the bot.
  • AsyaEquinoxAsyaEquinox Posts: 2 New Member
    I think I stumbled on a little trick. Activate the bot you want to enhance wander around until its light turns yellow and then it lets you enhance it. I imagine it requires a tune up before repeating the process but hey its something.
  • AsyaEquinoxAsyaEquinox Posts: 2 New Member
    > @AsyaEquinox said:
    > I think I stumbled on a little trick. Activate the bot you want to enhance wander around until its light turns yellow and then it lets you enhance it. I imagine it requires a tune up before repeating the process but hey its something.

And let it wander around*