Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Discover University

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
I have a couple game bugs I've noticed with the new EP. I don't like the other website for reporting isssues so I felt like posting it here.

1. I have 2 roomates living in a dorm situation. One of the sims went to class but never returned. She was physically back but the screen by her picture showed her still in class. I also couldn't access her inventory.
2. In another sim family with another female sim, there is a routing issue. She acts like something is in the way and can't return to the dorms. But, nothing is in the way. I tried resetting her, but it didn't work.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I think 2 happened to me. I moved his storage crate and that fixed it and he got into his room.

I have an issue where my Angela Pleasant paints but her club tasks don't say completed.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    My girl got hit with the tanking needs bug. Energy and hygiene bottom out in about half a day. This is with a Sim who has seldom sleepy and hygienic rewards. I also tried disabling needs decay which slowed it down but didn't stop it. Is i got her forever fresh but her hygiene still slips. Now I keep testingcheats on all the time so I can shift click and make her happy. My other Sim in the household is fine. Except he is in the Braniacs and none of his tasks show as completed either.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    It really helps to report issues at Answers HQ. That way QA is aware of the problem.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2019
    My sim is in Debate Guild, just did the Debate Showdown and and is now stuck in her debate outfit, when I try to pull up a diff category for outfit they all look the same.......when I pull up CAS it shows her normal outfits.....Help?! I just added the issue at AHQ too, and it is def not user friendly.

7GMBEh9.png
    Oh I know about A HQ. But it is NOT user friendly. So I put things here so people can see if there is a work around until the bug gets squashed. I really miss the bug section.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Oh I know about A HQ. But it is NOT user friendly. So I put things here so people can see if there is a work around until the bug gets squashed. I really miss the bug section.

But the team that fixes bugs only looks on HQ and now and then Twitter. They do not look here anymore because it was closed to bugs reporting on the forums.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Not sure if its a glitch, but my sims were not able to stay in their current dorm upon re-enrollment. They were forced to choose a new housing location if they wanted to come back for the next term. Kind of wish I would have known that before I spent hours decorating their entire dorm.
    The team knows about the bug by now. Or they should. But this is place to share help and things with other players. Which is what we did. Looking for information there gives me headaches.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Not sure if its a glitch, but my sims were not able to stay in their current dorm upon re-enrollment. They were forced to choose a new housing location if they wanted to come back for the next term. Kind of wish I would have known that before I spent hours decorating their entire dorm.

Yeah the Sims 3 was like that unless my sims got to her room really fast before someone else did.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SpruceGooseSpruceGoose Posts: 7 New Member
    All of my holidays now occur on the same week in Fall, back to back and Harvestfest has actually occured twice. Soooo...I'll be deleting them until my sim is out of college. *Sigh*
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    All of my holidays now occur on the same week in Fall, back to back and Harvestfest has actually occured twice. Soooo...I'll be deleting them until my sim is out of college. *Sigh*

You know that you can prevent those days of being offdays by clicking on your calendar, then the holiday, click on the little pen and uncheck 'day off work/school'; that way, you keep the holiday and still go on to your class. I always do that cause offday means no money :)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member

@KHS12, it's not a glitch. Think it was Carl's Sims Guide that said after every term you get to choose new housing or stay in the same place.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Understood but it's important to at least add the issue or check the me too button so QC knows just how prevalent the issue is.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@KHS12, it's not a glitch. Think it was Carl's Sims Guide that said after every term you get to choose new housing or stay in the same place.

The option to stay in the same place was not available.
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    My sim is in Debate Guild, just did the Debate Showdown and and is now stuck in her debate outfit, when I try to pull up a diff category for outfit they all look the same.......when I pull up CAS it shows her normal outfits.....Help?! I just added the issue at AHQ too, and it is def not user friendly.

7GMBEh9.png

I found your bug report at AHQ i have the same problem with you after the debate showdown I was not able to change the clothes because they were all the same debate outfit
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I submitted my report. Another issue.

3. Sometimes the bicycles will appear that no one is riding them. Also, related sometimes the college homework is invisible and the sim uses a pen on the table but not the homework.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • allysonosyllaallysonosylla Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I posted on the EA help site but I'm hoping you guys have some advice too.

I wanted to have both my sims move to a new dorm for their 2nd term so I went through the re-enrollment for both of them and selected the same dorm but whenever it's time to move the game keeps splitting them into 2 households so I can't play them together in the new dorm and it won't let me merge/transfer them because it says they have to be enrolled to live there.

How do I enroll them for a new term and move them together?
  • SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    My sim finished a psychology degree and I tried to get my sim into the education career. She is entering at level 1. All the other careers that a psychology gives a career boost towards (Detective, Secret Agent) shows up except the education career.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hia!

I have encountered a bug, my spellcaster that used to have elf-ears before installing the patch no longer has them in the world but they are still there in CAS. Know that I saw a forum-post about it earlier. Have looked around the EA-bug-section but haven't been able to find a bug-report for it. If anyone has seen such a bug-report would you kindly link it here, otherwise I will make a new one on Monday or Tuesday. If there is one active I would rather join that one than start a new so that is why I'm asking if one is up.

Cheers and have fun playing.