Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did your first week of class go?

It was awful!
I made the mistake of taking 4 classes and moving my sim into a dorm with all these weird looking NPC townie weirdos.

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2019
    You only had one sim doing 4 classes? Try triplets! Lol... My one sim did well but his siblings both failed one each. The girl Bailey is on academic probation for this second semester and I am only bringing 2 of the 3! I am loving the challenge. The game is very easy in pretty much every other aspect. Seeing the boosts you get after graduation for careers will make it worth it and I will feel like I really accomplished something.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I did 2 classes and got A+ on both...now I am trying 3 classes and see how I can do.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2019
    I thing my game is bugged. My sims with max skills was doing her homework for every class, she was present at all classes, spend a lot of time studying and created best quality papers and she got F and E-... how this is possible

[Edit]
    Also i check her study progress before sending semester papers to professor and for both subject i got information that my sim is doing greate.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Haven't had one yet because the sim I'm playing is failing high school, so he hasn't made it to university. I have ... a ridiculous amount of teens so I'll need to figure out how many will actually go. I'd probably not bother with this failing sim but he wants to impress his girlfriend so he needs to get it together. He's not going for a distinguished degree.

He's a good tester of to what degree it is easy for a failing sim to turn it around.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    I thing my game is bugged. My sims with max skills was doing her homework for every class, she was present at all classes, spend a lot of time studying and created best quality papers and she got F and E-... how this is possible

[Edit]
    Also i check her study progress before sending semester papers to professor and for both subject i got information that my sim is doing greate.

Makes me wonder if she got F because she had no progress in those skills (if they were full before she attended Uni? After all, Uni is somewhere to learn and build skills, not just to show those old skills off ;) (I don't have the pack yet, so I'm basically clueless, LOL)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

[Edit]

Had the same thing happen to me. All A’s and then an F. Like what?! Howww.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I had planned on putting a bunch of sims into Uni, but that ain't gonna happen. My first sim at uni took 4 classes and only managed to graduate with a B+. Right now I'm playing the Pleasants and a Sim in the city who are going to college and it's going okay, but they are only taking 2 classes and I rotate every sim day or every other at least.
  • Sampeck95Sampeck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    Not well. (I go to Brightchester) My timing is way off. First of all, I rarely get the "go to class" button and there is no indication for which building they're supposed to be in. I pretty much have to make sure my sim isnt doing anything at least 3 hours before and after the class time so that they autonomously leave for class on their own. My Friday final at 8am ended up being on Saturday at 3am because of the time lag. Is this a problem for anyone else? Or is it just my old computer trying to keep up?
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I forgot to have my Sim present his presentation. :D He got two C's and an A+.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited November 2019

[Edit]

Makes me wonder if she got F because she had no progress in those skills (if they were full before she attended Uni? After all, Uni is somewhere to learn and build skills, not just to show those old skills off ;) (I don't have the pack yet, so I'm basically clueless, LOL)

If so then that's a BAD oversight.
    Gallery ID: babysquare

[Edit]

Are you sure you turned in your presentations and term papers? You also should do some studying with the textbook that goes to your major! University is no joke! Pretty much like real life. haha
  • MysteriousConcludeMysteriousConclude Posts: 352 Member
    I have tried three sims on three different occassions. High skilles, and every single one flunked out at some point anywhere from taking 4 classes to 2 classes. I dont know if they missed any because they also had five toddlers to deal with at one point. So, university is definitly the first real challenge I have came across in sims 4, and I don't know if I like it. XD Trying again with a whole new sim. See if I can't get better results.
    I have tried three sims on three different occassions. High skilles, and every single one flunked out at some point anywhere from taking 4 classes to 2 classes. I dont know if they missed any because they also had five toddlers to deal with at one point. So, university is definitly the first real challenge I have came across in sims 4, and I don't know if I like it. XD Trying again with a whole new sim. See if I can't get better results.

Skills are not what pass the courses though. Be sure you're properly turning in your term papers, presenting finished presentations, and studying for exams. Also it is good to email professor so you know how you are doing in each class.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fantastic. Aced the four classes in my sim's first term at Britechester's distinguised Language and Literature degree track. He also attended three guest lectures and skill classes to end with his major's associated skills -- Charisma, Research & Debate, and Writing -- at levels 7, 6 and 7 respectively. It took some management in terms of needs, especially that pesky need of sleeping for 8 hours a day, but in the end I was able to fit all of the work in. In fact, it was the only thing I was able to fit in. There was no time for parties, organizations, the secret society or even going to the bar.

I think I'll scale the workload back to two classes for the next term so that my sim experience what else the pack has to offer.
  • MysteriousConcludeMysteriousConclude Posts: 352 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Skills are not what pass the courses though. Be sure you're properly turning in your term papers, presenting finished presentations, and studying for exams. Also it is good to email professor so you know how you are doing in each class.

I learnt that one the hard way after my first try, the other two I know they both turned them in. But other than that and homework, my game was a hot mess. XD Started to do it again and it crashed. Going for round five I guess.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    As a quick update, I managed to get the failing high school student's grade up to a C and had him gain a few skills. I then had him apply to university. He has been accepted to both universities but not to either school's distinguished degree programs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Well my three siblings all got A's and they love Britechester. However, I spent a TON of time setting up their dorm and once they finished the first term, they had to pick another dorm to move into upon re-enrollment. Not a fan of that, unless it's a glitch.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Not good. I sent 2 sims from a household and moved them off campus with only 11k...wasn’t able to afford any lot so I had to bulldoze the smallest lot and they lived in a box with just beds, and shower and toilet. A computer too. I also started in the middle of the week so I had to finish presentations, research papers and study for exams. I had to keep using make happy cheat and after starving I remembered about a stove and fridge. I had to sell stuff from their inventory. Was about to sell windows. 4 classes is not easy😅😅 it can easily get out of control when having to do homework too. Luckily one passed all 4 classes but I’m definitely not doing 4 classes again in a semester. I love this pack!
  • Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    I did 4 classes my first week plus e-sports competitor due to my scholarship. I'm surprised I passed my classes and lived to tell the tale. I ended up getting a C, B, and 2 A's. My last week with only 4 classes left, I quit e-sports and am doing 4 classes again.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

[Edit]

E isn’t even a grade :D . It goes from D- straight to F.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    It was horrible. My sim ACCIDENTALLY sent plagiated term paper to her teacher. She failed the class.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It was awful. I also made the mistake of taking 4 classes for the siblings I sent to Uni. I didn't know that going to class was going to be such a problem (at least in Foxbury), my Sims missed several classes because of it. I gave up on getting good grades for them, I just wanted the first term to be over. The game play wasn't fun for me, because the siblings didn't have time to do anything, just study.
    They finally finished the first term and started the new one. I took only two classes for both of them and it's been so much more fun to play. They've been getting to know their dorm mates finally and exploring things that they couldn't do during the torturous first term.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    So far, so good with both of my students, thankfully in separate saves. I didn't know what to expect so my first guy is taking 2 computer science classes, got a great scholarship for athletics and with that and his skills got a free ride to the first semester. But, he is automatically put into the soccor team with practice every day, but he is managing quite well. It's just something you have to pay attention to, to make sure they do all they can to get good grades. Oh and he is going to school from home...I'd recommend this highly. No distractions when they have a heavy schedule.

My second guy is living in the little house in Britechester and is doing great also. Both students are finished with their first week of school and they both had a little time for recreation. Both are in an organization, my athlete is in the art one and my other sim is a genius and is in the brainiacs so there is a lot of socializing going on. Neither has any time to party, unless it's when I take them down to the pub for a beer. Never go to the pub when the squad leader of the lobsters is leading a cheer. :# I had 12 sims all yelling at the same time, kinda like when they're counting down at midnight. :D

I am loving this pack, a lot!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Sampeck95Sampeck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    My roommates dont take care of themselves and two died of hunger?
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2019
    I made a sim via story mode cas to test out the EP and she started off as an astronaut with logic and wellness skill. She moved into the starter house in Britechester, quit her job, spent a day leveling up a couple of skills before applying to University and she was accepted to Foxbury with distinguished degree in Physics. She then moved into the dorm to complete the university experience.

I went hard mode taking 4 classes (1 was electives) each term and it was definitely a challenge to manage needs especially since I didn’t modify the dorms with better beds or anything. In the end, she finished in 3 terms with honors and just aging into adulthood (with normal aging) I think at one point she bought/used a moodlet solver from the rewards store as she on the verge of crashing out around finals and missing a final would have been a disaster. Overall, it was challenging but I didn’t experience much of what the EP had to offer since most of her time was spent studying or managing needs. Next time I would probably do 2-3 classes per term instead to allow for more extracurricular activities (she joined a few organizations but didn’t much with them) and the new aspiration was virtually ignored.

I did pick up some tricks to better help along the way which made a difference:
    • Start the term in the middle of the week so you have the weekend to work on term papers, presentation or study for finals.
    • Ideally you want do homework at a lot with the Study Spot trait (i.e. the library or your own lot with the trait) as it will speed up doing homework and presentations (and skill gains).
    • Get your Research & Debate to level 3 as that will speed up doing homework.
    • When in class, set your sim to either take notes or actively listen for performance boost (much like kids and teens in school studying hard)
    • Focused seems to be the ideal moodlet so try to be focused before going into class or doing homework. My sim brought a yoga mat to the dorms and having a 8 hr focused moodlet was very helpful but even browsing Simpedia on the computer will help.
    • Be sure edit/improve/rework your presentations or term papers before turning them in. They start off poor quality and you want to rework them until you get the “you can’t do much else” message which means they are at excellent or outstanding quality.
    Post edited by darkchadmeister on