Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding Random Unwanted townies to my Family

I decided to send my single sim to Uni . The game therefore decided i had to sell his home as he was moving into a dorm , Then to my disgust it also decided to add a random unwanted townie into the family at Uni ,
Needless to say i promptly moved him to Uni and then went into edit town and edited the family and got rid of the unwanted sim from the family ,
I had previously tried it and then gone back in the save to before he enrolled in the town and the same thing had happened

Why the heck do they think i want random townies adding to my playable family

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    They're not random townies. When you look at the map of Britechester before you send your Sim to Uni, you'll see that some of the uni housing already has premade families living in them. If you move your Sim into those lots, you'll be merging your Sim's household with the existing one.

If you don't want that to happen, you'll need to either evict them before you send your Sim to Uni or choose a different lot to move to.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I sent my sim to the dorm not one of the houses
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member

Are they NPC room-mates?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

There are two dorms that already have households in them set up by the pack. One in Britechester has Julia and Becka (the two girls from the gameplay trailer), one if Foxbury has the guy from the reveal trailer.

It's also possible that you had a household moved in by the game before you went there. If they were added to your household, they were either already living there when you were moving (and there's, unfortunately, no way to back up in the enrollment process and choose a different place for your Sim :/) or if someone was added to your household after, then that's a bug you should report because you're only supposed to get NPC roommates, not someone added to your playable household.
  • ellilundqvistellilundqvist Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the same problem! When I enrol my sim to Britchester and choose on of the dorms, I'm automatically merged into the Best of Friends household?? They don't even live in the dorm according to the map?
    I don't want these girls in my househould (sorry)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Just delete them from your household
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif