Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having trouble becoming a member of the Secret Society

drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
I am not sure how I am supposed to be able to find enoughr information about the secrect society at University and it is driving me up a wall! How do I gain the informormation needed to make an offering? I am tried of research/database machine and getting an errow for the 100th time. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Do you need to become friends with members? That's what you had to do with TS2.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Yeah, becomes friends and/ or maybe you can ask members questions.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thank you @KiniHokulani I found the people and made a donation at the statue but I was trying to donate plates of food...which gives you a study bonus but I guess not high enough.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I've been having troubles joining the Secret Society. I found the group, befriended one of them, gave alot of different offerings at the statue & it never worked. What is a Jonquilyst?
  • AtrushaAtrusha Posts: 2 New Member
    For me offering a perfect Bird of Paradise as an academic offering at the campus statue did the trick. It gave my sim a Surreal focus moodlet and that night someone from the secret society came to me and asked if I wanted to join.
    As far as I know making the right Academic offer at the campus statue is the only way to join. Your offer should give your sim the surreal focus mooflet.
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    I made excellent quality deserts from cooking and used those as the offering. I think they need to be "excellent" quality to work. I did two of them, one right after the other, and 2 members of the secret society showed up about an hour game-time later at my dorm and asked me to join before I was even allowed by the game to click on them to talk to them.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the 'proper' way to get the info about the secret society is to use the research machine. one of the options is to research 'gibbs hill urban legends'. you'll want to repeat that several times, until you get a specific outcome (there are several that will show)

here's the research station pie wheel:
    1e2a4a32f55fc207c8e08f181540cf97.png
    and page 2 of that:
    1b7bc246350ffab027710b32c8dcab85.png

if you 'research secret society' before you get the proper urban legend outcome, here's what you get:
    44a8ace984f37e4a05c9cfcd3beca2cc.png
    which i'm sure a lot of people have seen already

the 'wrong' urban legends are still interesting reads and include the reason why the two britechester schools have a dragon and a lobster as their mascots
    but the legend we're looking for is this one:
    c3cb9ac53ee6bc68eac58550f7197de5.png
    which explains what to use at the statues in the center of each campus

with that knowledge (and a plate of cookies supplied by a dormmate), my sim can go to the ubrite campus statue, where we see the 'make an offering to university success' is now usable (and highlighted in my picture)
    9e8c5794b8d9142f0bb2dbe4d2fe5609.png

she offers up the flirty heart cookies, which vanish in a flash of light
    ed63772d04d5c2a337575cd21bacacdf.png

and gets a focused buff for four hours
    5dc3581b93733624b4bdb5b2703dbdd3.png

your sim will get this buff any time they donate something to the statue (and, if they're a member of the society already, there will be an extra little benefit from it). but the next step depends on the price of the sweets... if they're worth more than $66 the sim should get a few visitors the next evening to offer them a spot in the society. (it looks like three are created, one 'neutral' and one member of each university)
    the cookies my vampire offered weren't worth enough to pass the price check, but i didn't want her to join the society anyway. got plenty of others for that later. but the white cakes frequently created by 'meal preparer' roommates should be more than enough (that's what my alien used to join the society)
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    @kalaksed this is super helpful thank you so much!

off topic: your sim is SO cute!! also, how do you pronounce her name? Eulalie - it looks so whimsical :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i do want to say that the secret society is supposed to unlock two different masks as your sim levels up in it, but i don't recall seeing either of those until the 'unlocked cas parts' mod got updated. there are a lot of nice patterns to the masks that can be used outside the society... they'd work great for oldschool masquerade balls, especially. if you had sims that would do something like that (vampires or a historic save as examples)

also, be aware that once a sim joins the society, currently there is no going back to a normal life. sure, they can quit the society, but now they know about the things the society is built around and those things know about them, too, so will constantly come for visits. there is a way around this, though. or the negative side effects, at least. purchasing the reward trait that makes a sim never tense means that sim can now not bother with entertaining the bored visitors

@storyy she's actually a gallery find, 'pretty vampire eulalie' by wilma987 and based on the poe poem 'eulalie'. that, plus the fact she's a good vampire (...something i don't have enough of in my game) had me download her and wonder what i was going to do with her. eventually, she moved to windenburg and opened a vet center there (specifically to insist every pet that comes in needs to visit the surgery station so she can extract a plasma pack) and has now gone to university to learn more about biology
  • ItsWhySoSeriousItsWhySoSerious Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi!! Has anyone ever went to make an offering to the Sprites at the Ritual Ground, and something was placed on the rock? This has happened to me and I can't move the crystal because it doesn't belong to me. I've tried leaving and coming back and also restarting my game and it's still there :#
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Have you cleared the cache files?
  • ItsWhySoSeriousItsWhySoSerious Posts: 3 New Member
    @> @Gagea said:
    > Have you cleared the cache files?

My cache file is empty :'(
  • masakigirlmasakigirl Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm having the exact same issue! (And I just bought the Discover University expansion pack?!) Did you manage to resolve it ?
    I've given up on the problems with Discovery University. My sims were on probation even though they did all their homework & attended all their classes. Also, they never were able to meet up with other Secret Society people even though they did the required things.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    @storyy it's pronounced Ay-La-Lee. I used to work with someone with that exact same name IRL.
  • lauramay901lauramay901 Posts: 1 New Member
    @SERVERFRA are you doing the presentations and term papers?
    Yes I did & still my sim got probation. I think it's one of those pesty bugs that we usually get with a game expansion,like anything else it will eventually be fixed.