Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unplayed sims becoming Spellcasters without going to the Realm

I was under the impression sims would only start becoming spellcasters if you took your sim to the magical realm?
I have a new save to test rotational play(never played rotational before) and in playing different pre-made household's I'm finding some of them(Clara Bjergsen, Johnny Zest, Jaques & Hugo Villareal, etc.) are spellcasters. It's a new save, I've never taken any of my sims to Glimmerbrook or the magical realm so is this a glitch?
It's kind of annoying, but not a huge deal. I'm actually incorporating it into my stories like Johnny being disowned for magic, Clara being a housewife was got into magic, etc.

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yup that's the Realm of Magic glitch.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Any rumors of them fixing it?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure when and if EA will get around to dealing with this or not, but until they do someone has created a mod to stop the game from turning random sims into spellcasters.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/quick-mod-for-my-29866791
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    In my experiments when this glitch was first noticed, I was testing for those who didn't want magic in their game at all, so I wasn't using spellcaster Sims. If you're playing a spellcaster sim and simply not going to the realm of magic, the game may still create other spellcasters (and apparently does.)

In theory, seeding your Other Households with a dozen or so homeless spellcasters in one or two sim households should limit the amount of premades the game pulls to be spellcasters, but I only did a couple of experiments with that. I'm sure you can find some in the gallery (assuming you're playing on PC/Mac)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This is one of the major reasons why I have not bought it yet.

There is a mod out there to keep it from happening.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/quick-mod-for-my-29866791
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have the opposite problem, none of my own townies or premades are being made into spellcasters. The game just generates new townies over and over to fill those roles. However, they are being used as vendors in Casters Alley, but it's the same Sims the game likes to use everywhere as vendors, not just in the Magic Realm.

I'm wondering if perhaps the reason for this is because I use a custom template save to start all my new gameplay save files. Every Sim in that save is either a copy of a previously played Sim from other save files, townies I kept and liked, such as a couple mail ladies, vampires, etc., and select premades that I've modified to give hot & cold weather clothing only or small tweaks otherwise.

Now, I'm happy the premades aren't being used, but I was rather hoping my own personal Sim townies would have been used to be spellcasters instead of the game generating all these new townies for that role. It's a bit frustrating. Oh well... *shrugs*