March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University - Share your screenshots!

Comments

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I was just working on upgrading the military with new items, which look very good in this setting
    d0lg71L.png
    NoxOkTx.png

However, does anyone know what on earth this thing is (blue arrow)? I can't for the life of me seem to be able to delete it :(
    WGZfKsB.png

@SimTrippy Looks like the half wall top piece from Get Famous.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I had a very specific vision for the Foxbury commons, very limited build knowledge to make it a reality, and very limited DU gameplay insight to know what functional commons would need. Challenge accepted !

DJ1ITiOl.png
    t6QY4Hvl.png
    8lXbuSRl.png

Considering all of my Foxbury students live in other worlds, that's the lot I travel to in the morning, and it needed more of ... everything really, to make it enticing enough to spend a whole day there in between classes.
    It now has a lot more entertainment, vending machines, a proper nerd lab, and many lounging areas.
    If I don't use the gaming mat or rock climbing wall in Foxbury, when will I ever.

There is nothing for the liberal arts & humanities besides the generic study hall, it's a deliberate choice I will 100% come to regret later.

The color palette is a bit overwhelming, I might tone it down after playtesting but it was part of my Vision and I had to stick to it.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    The ride bike animations are so amazing. They don't even go through sims and move away from them to pass.

GPd0FHe.png

SPMch9V.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I was just working on upgrading the military with new items, which look very good in this setting
    d0lg71L.png
    NoxOkTx.png

However, does anyone know what on earth this thing is (blue arrow)? I can't for the life of me seem to be able to delete it :(
    WGZfKsB.png

It does look like a half wall right, but it can't be touched / moved / deleted. It's very annoying :(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2019
    SO, best to pause your game if multitasking in a browser or leave your computer, since you absolutely cannot control your roommates. Winter is DANGEROUS for roommates. Soon as winter came all hell broke loose when I went back to window mode.
    q0yCK8G.png
    oJ6Qibj.png
    He was a good roommate too and actually cleaned things and did a lot. D: He will be remembered.
    JE48Ii6.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Selfie with the Britechester dragon!
    vo9vxHu.jpg

The light on the bike is such a nice touch.
    xgRs45r.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Love how customizable the uni experience is this time around :love:

I've been playing the military for a long while now - they solved the Strangerville mystery together, but I just kept playing them cause I love them (this is already the 2nd round of recruits, the first ones died - there is even a military graveyard!). Anywho, the university pack fits them so well! The actual militaries (there's usually a scientist and then maybe a doctor or programmer around as well) always work from home, but their tasks tend to be done quickly. They do have to garden, fix everything themselves, clean, learn skills at the library etc., but now all the recruits are also enrolled in the university!

Macey, the military programmer, is enrolled in the distinguished Computer science degree at Foxbury.
    Julianna, the medical resident, is also doing a Biology degree (not distinguished) at Britechester.
    Derumk is studying psychology at Britechester, and Eric is doing a History degree at Foxbury (Derumk could've also applied to a distinguished degree but I wanted them to study something that would help them advance their military careers).
    Finally, Andre, the military scientist isn't currently enrolled - because his schedule makes it a bit difficult. But I might do the same as for Julianna and just have him do one, maybe two classes. LOVE IT.

Sorry for the spam lol.

7OPDJon.png
    vmDQ50Y.png
    0kMDDKX.png
    @Rae357 found it! Somehow it could only be deleted from the basement floor, don't ask me why :joy: thanks for trying to help :)
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    Btw, I uploaded the mod Child can ride bikes here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=621542 I can convert the get on/off bike animations or Zulf Ferdiana will.

9z5g4KO.png
    The recruits went to the Foxbury squad thing & played a round of juice pong together - so fun they can do this with 4 and not just 2 :) -, then went to see the game together, followed by a dinner at the Orchid a Go Go (which I turned into a restaurant a while ago, making it a lot more useful xD)
    VzlWSMS.png
    amvDWCJ.png
    2Fy301V.png

Julianna working on her presentation (I LOVE that the presentation board looks different depending on what class/major you make it for! :))
    cnz1e6T.png

Macey tried flirting with Eric but he immediately rebuffed her - and her smooth recovery, and her apology! Poor thing :( She went to hide on the toilet (love this btw). Julianna immediately went after her to console her (she's constantly fighting with Eric anyway if I don't watch them, so I'm guessing she ain't too fond of him anyway). That's how friendships are born at the Academy :love:
    7HgRF05.png
    fKUqYOW.png

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    d0lg71L.png
    NoxOkTx.png

WGZfKsB.png

It does look like a half wall right, but it can't be touched / moved / deleted. It's very annoying :(

Did you try building a half wall under it? Maybe it will attach (again?) and then be possible to delete?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    This thread makes me love the pack more than I already do!
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    I haven't bought this pack yet.. I definitely wanted to see other people's opinions and experiences, considering some of the other packs that have flopped or at least had some flaws. Just curious, as I scroll through all these screenshots (thanks for all of these, btw, everyone!) can you ride a bike... without a helmet? If they made it some default that your sim has one while riding, I'm hoping for a mod eventually that lets you go without it...!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Larry is a well educated lobster as he leads by example going to class. I love him. <3
    RiHdKdr.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Eli's uni experience is pretty standard so far apart from the dubious secret society/cult (but their outfits are impeccable for magicians):

ONSxAIJ.png

4k1pXhF.png

VSezsHe.png

5hpc2VT.png

&PHgr;
    d0lg71L.png
    NoxOkTx.png

WGZfKsB.png

Did you try building a half wall under it? Maybe it will attach (again?) and then be possible to delete?

I still don't know what it was, but I did manage to remove it. For some reason, it was visible on every single floor - and could only be deleted from the basement floor. But it's gone! :D
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

I've only began to dig into University so just the one screenshot. Still trying to figure it all out :)

University has never been one of my favorite packs but I am enjoying it so far. My biggest complaint so far is how the dorms are done and the lack of useable lots in the world.

ocszYiK.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Ah, okay I'm loving cas and build and buy mode so much! Like words can't describe how much I LOVE it!
    For her very last term, I'll let Macey enroll to live on campus! It's pretty exhausting putting them all through college at once, so we'll have to rotate lol. I've changed the Foxbury dorms to have less bedrooms, a cafeteria & a nice little hangout room with tv & robotics station. Let's see how this experience will be :D

6AZ1ogO.png
    fRX2vtQ.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2019
    UBrite Grindlewald dorm is far enough along for a play-test.
    I'll post shots from the play-test later.
    11-17-19_11-27-35nbspAM.png

I hope this does not turn out to be a colossal boondoggle.
    This dorm was awesome in The Sims 2, but that was The Sims 2.
    11-17-19_11-32-32nbspAM.png

Nobody is supposed to know about these rooms in the attic.
    Keep this info discreet.
    11-17-19_11-28-03nbspAM.png

I haven't been actually playing DU until now.
    I need some Intel on what dorm life is like.
    11-16-19_8-57-50nbspAM.png

So I am sending in my Test Sims from Realm of Magic.
    Wow, those two really are besties.
    11-16-19_6-20-29nbspAM.png

Oops, I also made that mistake of adding them to an occupied dorm.
    11-16-19_6-19-10nbspAM.png

I started over.
    I only need Melissa and Shanice for this test.
    11-16-19_6-19-22nbspAM.png

Sorry if this isn't something you wanted to see, guys.
    Melissa can be inappropriate at times.
    11-17-19_2-18-39nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited November 2019
    @CK213 very cool idea! Is it working well? And will you put that lot on the gallery?? :)

Very much liking my smaller dorm as well! I've made sure that only the sims who have a bed in any given room are able to enter it, making them behave a lot less weird. They mostly hang out around the cafeteria or common room together now, which I absolutely love!

Eric actually came over to visit Macey.. she wasn't impressed. So she asked him to hook up with her roommate Peyton. And they started dating right away, like wth Eric, you rebuffed poor Macey like a gazillion time but the roommate you never met or talked to before? Yeah sure!
    qEBKeY9.png
    DpOrcaw.png

But ermmmmmmm I'm guessing Macey got over it quite ... quickly? ;)
    N7fEFnO.png

I'm loving her roommate something something Roland though. He's got like another girlfriend every other day? And he doesn't seem to know them too well either, cause he tends to forget who they were after a couple of days. I find him quite hilarious. Here he is with his now-ex Madeline.
    vTyiaw9.png

Oh and look who's working at the cafeteria! Good old Vlad. No surprises there ;)
    YrawH5X.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,368 Member
    edited November 2019
    Great screenshots, everyone. :)

Here are the siblings I sent to University, Joonas & Johanna, they took few photos before leaving home.
    ZNlv1og.png
    7xtchmE.png

Johanna showing off the cleaner-bot that she built. She's a genius, she's studying physics and building robots. She's going to become a scientist.
    1WSHr6h.png

Joonas showing off his football skills. He's in the football team. He's studying biology and he's going to be either doctor or a marine biologist.
    8QK32WT.png

Who knew Johanna would be the wild one... having fun with the boys at the dorm. The one holding her is her brother's roommate.
    74rvxkm.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, I haven't even got to uni yet lol. But my twin teen sims have their birthday today and then they will enrol. Here is one of them having a very enjoyable ride around her home town:
    Bike%2001%20-%20Copy.png?dl=0

I loved just setting the camera on her and following her around.
    Bike%2002%20-%20Copy.png?dl=0

And she even went up a steep hill:
    Bike%2003%20-%20Copy.png?dl=0

The bike sounds are great, they even got the right sound for when sims are coasting rather than pedalling and the sounds match the animations. I love the bikes!

Edit: Oh yeah, and when I cancelled the ride around action and clicked on the home icon I was expecting her to get off the bike, but she didn't - she cycled home. Yay!