Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    If you use the tab camera mode in Foxbury and go under the map you can find some unused objects.

H9mxxaZ.jpg

ztXeBj4.png

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    What skill level do you need to qualify for distinguished degrees?
    I can't tell you for SURE, but I believe it was about level 4-5 for whatever related skills apply to the particular distinguished degree. For my particular case, my Sim was taking Economics classes at UBrite - she raised her Charisma, Logic, and Research/Debate skills during two or three semesters. Once those skills got to about levels 4 or 5 and the end of the semester occurred, my Sim was prompted to sign up for new classes. In that pop up window, I changed the University to Foxbury, and chose Economics and the Distinguished Degree was available for her :)
  • TatyanaTatyana Posts: 2 New Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hopefully you didn't bug out your game by doing that. That doesn't seem like something they necessarily would want as a feature. :)

It didn't, actually! Funnily, my husband sim died by electrocution and the same Grim Reaper that lived in my house floated upstairs and reaped him. Then he went back downstairs and listened to music. (Don't worry, my sim was a virtuoso Spellcaster, so it was nothing to bring him back)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Upon my sim being in e-sports and her team winning games she had came back with some power sipping posters, gaming chair and power sipping drinks.

Power sipping Classic and Power sipping INFERNO
    Both increase the odds at your sim winning video game tournaments. The latter having a bit more of an effect.

Drinking these back to back your sim will get a dazed moodlet called 'Power Dipping?'
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I've read that with a degree your sim starts at level 7 in a career. My sim graduated yesterday, not a distinguished degree but with a GPA A. He started as a Judge level 8 :o I wanted to see if studying distinguished or not has an impact on the level you start on. But probably not?

Also, in his last term my sim started dating Lilith Pleasant and as he graduated she graduated, too.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    That's because there's no level 6-7 Judge/PA career (and selecting base branch just ignores your degree). In other careers where this is possible you'd start at level 6 (normal degree) or 7 (distinguished OR honors) while for level 8 you need a distinghuished degree with honors.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    I thought you would be able to bribe, as you can for job promotions to lol

great thread, love this type of thread, always good to to know.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited November 2019
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    When using the ICYA chest outside of University it comes in nice neutral colours and you can place a Tv on it! (which is great because I love having a chest but i'm often short on space fer one, lol).

Also, I'm not sure if this is a feauture or a bug but when you graduate while being in the "Secret Society" (I forget what it's called; I only figured out how to join on the very last day, lol :sweat_smile: ) you continue to get visited by sprites.

Sprites staying after graduation was exactly what I was hoping for. Let's hope it is a feature and not a bug that will get fixed.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Did you know that roommates are super detailed in this pack.

My sim lived alone in her house decided to get a roommate. The roommate started hitting on her every day blowing kisses from time to time. She was sitting at her computer desk and he took out his guitar and played a romantic song for her. 1 week later asked her out and she said yes.

All this happened without me telling them to do this lol. (I don’t have any mods)

Love this. I like how each roommate has their own distinct behaviors and personalities. One roommate I had was an unemployed slob, and he had a habit of standing around oddly watching my sim. But every time something broke, he repaired it so I'm keeping him around. Lol.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited November 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »

My sim lived alone in her house decided to get a roommate. The roommate started hitting on her every day blowing kisses from time to time. She was sitting at her computer desk and he took out his guitar and played a romantic song for her. 1 week later asked her out and she said yes.

All this happened without me telling them to do this lol. (I don’t have any mods)

Love this. I like how each roommate has their own distinct behaviors and personalities. One roommate I had was an unemployed slob, and he had a habit of standing around oddly watching my sim. But every time something broke, he repaired it so I'm keeping him around. Lol.

My sim’s roommate would sleep all day long. I always laughed and called her lazy- that is, until my sim was exhausted at 2 pm after pulling an all-nighter and went to sleep in the bed right next to her.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    My Sim's parents came to visit her and her brother who are both in Uni. Her female roommate flirted with her mother (blew kisses at her). Her mother responded and flirted back and her father saw it and became angry. He stomped out of the room. Her mother left home shortly afterwards. The angry father stayed much later and I didn't even know he was still there until I saw the same roommate flirting with the father as well, and he seemed to like it, too.
    There is definitely going to be drama with these extra flirty dorm mates, be careful if your Sim has a girlfriend or a boyfriend who comes to visit the dorm. ;)

My other Sim has a very sad roommate. He's constantly sad, he even wakes up feeling sad every morning, holding his head down while walking. I don't think I've ever seen him not sad. My Sim tries to cheer him up, but he doesn't seem to get any better. He doesn't even have a gloomy trait. He seems to be one of the extreme personalities at the dorm. I'm excited to know how many more of these personalities there are.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If you know you will be spending Winterfest at college, be sure to drag a pile of presents into your sim's inventory before leaving. You can place it down in your dorm and Father Winter will bring you gifts. I also didn't have class on the holiday, but it didn't extend the semester, so be sure to do some extra studying instead.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2019
    Another cool thing is if you reach the top level of say e-sports career while in university you get a pop-up saying you should just drop out of college and play professionally with a signing bonus (which is completely optional, i said no, lol) and when you leave college (graduating or dropping out) you can get a high level position in the e-sports branch of tech career (you don't get that signing bonus if you wait till after college to join tho, lol).
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Someone already mentioned that the roommates will bring their own decorations and cameras to the dorms - well, for sims that are broke and need money - your sim can put all the roommates stuff in their inventory and sell it! Thief w/o the trait!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

Oh wow so the roommate asked her out autonomously. What did the popup say?
  • AlafuroAlafuro Posts: 1 New Member
    My did you know fact is that a teenager sim can apply early and they get a random life aspiration, I’m not completely sure how this works because my main sim was away in university and by the time she came back her brother had this painter lifetime trait and could apparently apply for university early.
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    Nooga wrote: »
    I never used earbuds and i always sold them or rejected them but boy do I find them useful in DU just plug these guys on while doing homework/assignment and ur fun need will stay full all the time

Does anyone have any more tips to share?

YASSS the earbuds have been my saviors!!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Oh wow so the roommate asked her out autonomously. What did the popup say?

Yep. All it said was "Ukupanipo (her roommate) just became the boyfriend of Madison" I didn't even click to him for any socials. I was looking at her skills at the time and it just popped up LOL.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @logion lol why are they always hiding chairs underneath worlds?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2019
    @logion lol why are they always hiding chairs underneath worlds?

Heh, I don't know, I think they probably forgot about these objects. I don't think the game uses them for anything.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    Someone mentioned if you go out, the roommate may tag along and a message will say something along the lines of “so, where are we going”.

I hope someone makes a picture thread soon, I don’t want to make it, but would love to see pictures.

And all of this time I thought the 'roomie' was saying this to my celebrity Sim, just because they became friends. LOL Okay, 'so, where are we going?' ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Current young adult sims your playing can get a popup saying they should think about getting an education or something like that.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    If you know you will be spending Winterfest at college, be sure to drag a pile of presents into your sim's inventory before leaving. You can place it down in your dorm and Father Winter will bring you gifts. I also didn't have class on the holiday, but it didn't extend the semester, so be sure to do some extra studying instead.

I like playing with retail, so I have a Christmas shop that sells Christmas trees and supplies including gifts. I can send sims out shopping that way for more realism. :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know that if you put easels in the dorm other sims will paint on them and when your sim sells it they get the money. And if you go to all the buildings you can, then you can add whatever you want. I added easels, exercise bot, radio, double bed in one room etc. The double will assign someone to sleep with your sim but they won't sleep together. When my sim goes to bed the other leaves it. You can assign it only to yours. There's a lot you can do, just do it BEFORE your sim moves into a university. So change the building inside, than have your sim enroll.