The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I never saw trick or treaters in my game. But perhaps it was because I was chatting up the ghosts - which did not work! Should have stayed in the dorm I guess. I got an OK for the holiday from wearing a costume and listening to spooky music on the boombox radio.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Side note re adding roomies to non-uni households. Make sure you have all family members assigned properly to a bed or the option to add a roommate will be greyed out.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Thought I was going crazy, but you roommates will occasionally place their own items and decor in the dorm.

One of the premade ones in foxbury the one on campus, but more of a home I had my sim take one of the digital cameras on a nightstand and later on noticed the second camera wasn't there it was replaced by that squirrel hot chocolate and mug. So, expect to see your dorm mate decorating the interior with a few items of their own. :D

I love this!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    My poor sim felt very sick (had stomach gurgles) before her final exam. I could relate :(
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    All these tips are brilliant! I find myself giggling at quite a few of them. :O :D
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    While looking at debug objects that come into build mode with bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, I found three diplomas. One for Britechester, one for Foxbury, and one for mixology. So it seems like they didn't overlook the mixologist branch, but "degree level" must be unlocked by some other way like E-Sport Gamer and Professional Athlete do...
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Thought I was going crazy, but you roommates will occasionally place their own items and decor in the dorm.

One of the premade ones in foxbury the one on campus, but more of a home I had my sim take one of the digital cameras on a nightstand and later on noticed the second camera wasn't there it was replaced by that squirrel hot chocolate and mug. So, expect to see your dorm mate decorating the interior with a few items of their own. :D

Ah, this is such a lovely addition to the game, it makes the whole thing look eons more realistic and lively! So excited for the days to come and go, so I can finally have the pack in my hands (in about ten days from now and it feels like eternity)!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    Your high-skilled sims can tutor another sims and they even get a small ammount fo money for that (in the building where classes are happening)

If your sim failed a class (s)he can be shouted at by his/her parents.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Since I downloaded DU, I've noticed NPCs whipping out laptops at tables and using them.

Playable sims do too, but they don’t get to keep them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    The shower woohoo moodlet
    11-16-19_11-41-32nbspPM.png
    Someone probably already said this, but there’s a freaking marching BAND playing the intro music with DU!

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    You can ride your bike through the portals.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I am sure it's been mentioned but my first Sim who applied was denied LOL. She was just a random I played while testing mods, and had no skills. I for sure thought all Sims would be accepted lol.
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I am sure it's been mentioned but my first Sim who applied was denied LOL. She was just a random I played while testing mods, and had no skills. I for sure thought all Sims would be accepted lol.

Oh wow...she was denied uni??? I didn't know that could happen.

Most likely one of the mods you had caused that. Sims can't get denied for uni on the first try.
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    your roommates will graduate and leave the dorm, and then new roommate's will take their beds. discovered this when I noticed 3 new people at the dorms all day after 3 sims disappear out of nowhere
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
    Sims can ride bikes while their nude.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @catloverplayer there's got to be a good story behind how you found this out >:)
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Does anybody know what the new death is?? I've been searching around but haven't found anything yet.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Icewolf I just got it! It's death by electrocution, but on the bot-building station. 11-17-19-5-58-22-PM.png
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Icewolf I just got it! It's death by electrocution, but on the bot-building station. 11-17-19-5-58-22-PM.png

Is that it?? It feels hardly new since you could already die that way. I was hoping for something more... unique. Thanks anyway!
    @catloverplayer there's got to be a good story behind how you found this out >:)

Saw a pic posted of a nude sim on a bike.
  • NoogaNooga Posts: 60 Member
    I never used earbuds and i always sold them or rejected them but boy do I find them useful in DU just plug these guys on while doing homework/assignment and ur fun need will stay full all the time

Does anyone have any more tips to share?