Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    On that note, there seems to be about a 20 Sim-minute grace period for getting to class without penalty, once the class begins. I had a couple of slow exits from my apartment (never mind a mansion) on Faunus, but got to class before the icon started blinking red and suffered no penalty to performance.

On a different note, class attendance, homework and outside projects like term papers and presentations all raise the ability associated with the class, provided the student has room to improve.

Tutoring other students doesn't raise ability, but does pay §10 per skill rank your Sim has for each session (which are about 5 Sim hours).
  • Options
    Eclectic_Simmer88Eclectic_Simmer88 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just discovered that if you complete/submit your term papers and presentations early you don't have to go to class anymore.

I had my sim take 2 classes and 1 elective in the Psychology career, he's going to be a detective, the classes were all on the same days - Tues and Thurs, by Wednesday he had homework done, studied for all 3 classes, submitted 2 outstanding term papers and an excellent presentation, he never had to go to class for the rest of the term...but, he got only an A+, a B and a C. This I don't understand, his skills for those classes were all 6 or higher, he did study and he did go to his classes - that one day lol - in a very good mood and he took notes. So why not A's for all classes? Maybe I rushed it, but I wanted to get them out of the way early so he could just concentrate on homework only. Well I've learned something, if nothing else, take your time! LOL. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
  • Options
    Eclectic_Simmer88Eclectic_Simmer88 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Eclectic_Simmer88 said:
    > I just discovered that if you complete/submit your term papers and presentations early you don't have to go to class anymore.
    >
    > I had my sim take 2 classes and 1 elective in the Psychology career, he's going to be a detective, the classes were all on the same days - Tues and Thurs, by Wednesday he had homework done, studied for all 3 classes, submitted 2 outstanding term papers and an excellent presentation, he never had to go to class for the rest of the term...but, he got only an A+, a B and a C. This I don't understand, his skills for those classes were all 6 or higher, he did study and he did go to his classes - that one day lol - in a very good mood and he took notes. So why not A's for all classes? Maybe I rushed it, but I wanted to get them out of the way early so he could just concentrate on homework only. Well I've learned something, if nothing else, take your time! LOL. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

My Sim just entered his 2nd term and I think I've discovered why he never went to class after that one day...there was no prompts, no notification that class would start in an hour and task that automatically sends him to class, it just happened again. He had class at 9:30 but at 8:30 it never said " *____* has class in an hour" and when 9:30 came along I had to go into the career section and press the "Go To Class" button because he wasn't doing it on his own, ugh have I discovered a bug? This has never happened before and I have another household in this same save that graduation like 3 RL days ago. It's going to be so annoying if I have to keep manually sending him to class. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Your course schedule is on the career pane - but you knew that, if you found the button to press. So, how did you not know when your Sim would have class?

The kick out the door to get there early is easily over-ridden by selecting other actions. Sometimes the notice won't pop if your game is busy tracking other things.

Do you have mods? Are they up to date? Have you repaired your game?
  • Options
    Forevalone159Forevalone159 Posts: 6 New Member
    Do you know that due to her painting skills, Lilith Pleasant can transfer to fine arts and art history as distinguished degrees while Angela's cooking skill (lv4) have also made way to culinary arts.

Oh! Becca Clarke and Lilith Pleasant share the same hairstyle in formal and winter outfits! And Lilith also had a tattoo of a flower on her left ankle/calf and a cat on her left elbow.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    > @Eclectic_Simmer88 said:
    > I just discovered that if you complete/submit your term papers and presentations early you don't have to go to class anymore.
    >
    > I had my sim take 2 classes and 1 elective in the Psychology career, he's going to be a detective, the classes were all on the same days - Tues and Thurs, by Wednesday he had homework done, studied for all 3 classes, submitted 2 outstanding term papers and an excellent presentation, he never had to go to class for the rest of the term...but, he got only an A+, a B and a C. This I don't understand, his skills for those classes were all 6 or higher, he did study and he did go to his classes - that one day lol - in a very good mood and he took notes. So why not A's for all classes? Maybe I rushed it, but I wanted to get them out of the way early so he could just concentrate on homework only. Well I've learned something, if nothing else, take your time! LOL. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

My Sim just entered his 2nd term and I think I've discovered why he never went to class after that one day...there was no prompts, no notification that class would start in an hour and task that automatically sends him to class, it just happened again. He had class at 9:30 but at 8:30 it never said " *____* has class in an hour" and when 9:30 came along I had to go into the career section and press the "Go To Class" button because he wasn't doing it on his own, ugh have I discovered a bug? This has never happened before and I have another household in this same save that graduation like 3 RL days ago. It's going to be so annoying if I have to keep manually sending him to class. :disappointed:

I think the reason you didn’t get the prompt to go to class anymore is because you turned in your term papers. They’re like your final exam project which comes at the end of the term.

Before my sim turned hers in on Friday morning I emailed her professor and was told she was doing well but a little extra studying wouldn’t hurt (or something to that effect). When I checked her term paper it was “outstanding” so I went ahead and submitted it but when I tried to do some studying right after to bring up my grade the option was grayed out and the text when you hover over it said something like my sim had done all she could.
  • Options
    Nah - I routinely turn in term papers before the term even officially starts (and present my presentations just as soon as it is an option). Neither prevent my Sim from heading to class at the appointed time. If I am living on campus, I have him at the building - or at least down in the quad - ahead of time as the action to go to the class building is easily interrupted. From home, it has never been an issue for me.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I discovered today that you do not need to control a sim to get them a degree.

I play a rotational game and rotated to the Pancakes for the first time, where I discovered that Eliza is enrolled in Britechester doing a computer science degree! Apparently, she has completed 9 credits and has a B- grade.

Eliza%20Pancakes.png?dl=0

So then I rotated to my sim, Harold Wilson, who I enrolled for History in Britechester and left him without playing, as an experiment. I had forgotten about him, I think I left him for about 2 or 3 sim weeks. When his dorm loaded up I was asked whether he wanted to re-enroll, so I chose yes. Then I saw his current grade was B-.

So... an easy way to graduate. Just enrol them and leave them to it!
  • Options
    I need to check back in with Cassandra Goth, who I had in an Art History degree, to see if she's managed to complete it. :) That's sketched in for this evening's play.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Did you know that the dorm mates leave notes for each other on the floor by their beds? The one I read was complaining about the mess. Something about stepping in something squishy. It’s a small bit of white on the floor. You can’t pick it up but you can click on it and read it. I couldn’t figure out how to make my sim leave one, if that’s even possible.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

I play a rotational game and rotated to the Pancakes for the first time, where I discovered that Eliza is enrolled in Britechester doing a computer science degree! Apparently, she has completed 9 credits and has a B- grade.

So then I rotated to my sim, Harold Wilson, who I enrolled for History in Britechester and left him without playing, as an experiment. I had forgotten about him, I think I left him for about 2 or 3 sim weeks. When his dorm loaded up I was asked whether he wanted to re-enroll, so I chose yes. Then I saw his current grade was B-.

It has been said that if sims who are enrolled to university finish their term on average grade. What happens next depends on whether the sim is marked as played or unplayed. Unplayed sims will re-enroll on their own while played sims will wait for the player to re-enroll.
    Though I see Eliza enrolled into university on her own. University needed students, so it pulled a random unplayed sim (which happened to be Eliza Pancakes) to be a student and participate in student organization events. Usually due to the fact that Eliza lives in a residential lot in Willow Creek, she won't be a dorm roommate. These will be the sims who are not in the world.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @EgonVM I found it strange that the game had enrolled Eliza because I haven't actually played anyone in uni yet in this game. I did enroll that one guy, but left him straight away without playing the uni part. So I wouldn't have thought it needed to generate any additional uni sims.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else is in uni when I continue my rotation with other households.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone found this but next to the dorms in Foxbury there is a fake building. There seems to be a party going on in there because the music is jamming around 8pm Fridays. I think it is unfair that my sims cannot attend this party....just saying.

Music is jamming... Do you mean the stadium? It's near dorms, it has events on fridays and saturdays.

Nope not the stadium on the other side. The fake building. Move your camera there about 9pm on Friday. It last until about midnight.

Just heard it too. I don't know how I missed that.
    I have heard it so much in UBrite, but not so much in Foxbury...
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited June 2020
    I dont know if this has been said but you cant have an oven or cauldron in a dorm
    Post edited by Cavapoo_King on
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Ah, now I added a lotto-winning NPC to my rotation and apparently he had graduated. But there was no trace of a degree nor could he step into a high-paid job.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My 4 sims that are At Uni have been getting A's.
    -They attend class, take notes
    -Turn in presentation board without refining it
    -Turn in term paper poor quality
    -do homework
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    My 4 sims that are At Uni have been getting A's.
    -They attend class, take notes
    -Turn in presentation board without refining it
    -Turn in term paper poor quality
    -do homework

A ..... For effort lol 😅🤷‍♂️