Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Hi guys!

Has anyone yet discovered the sprites' object in showliveeditobjects or showhiddenobjects? I would like to place them on another lot and couldn't find the object yet.

Thanks for any help! :)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Kuroi Is that Hermione?
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Did You Know?
    >
    > Bicycles have a light for nighttime use.
    >
    > There are 3 swimmable lakes in Britechester one for each district.
    >
    > You can use boats in the lakes.

^
    very cool. Thanks for that tidbit.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I just discovered that you don't need to submit a term paper to get straight A+ grades.

My sim had done the term paper and edited to the max but I ran out of time just as the term ended. He still got the max grades in everything. And then, when the new term started, he was able to submit his already completed paper for the next one!!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Did you know that despite dorms coming with the trash compactor wall unit (apartment style trash disposal) the Sims can't seem to use it unless there is a trash can on the lot. I always wondered why garbage and plates were littered everywhere and the maids couldn't clean... An oversight in design yes but a pro tip none the less
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    A small tip: If you encounter the "Getting billed while living in a dorm" bug: You CAN pay the bills if you use a computer. The mailbox just resets / cancels the action. Just cheat the money and pay the bills (and report the bug of course).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Kuroi wrote: »
    @Simtown15 Yeah, it is. ^^

It's LevioSAAA.

(Sorry, had to).
  • NaryanxxNaryanxx Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, so I don't know if there is already a thread on t his, I did search for it and found nothing related to my question. one of my sims works and goes to school. The odd thing is, is that the schedule with work and school seem to be conflicting. Work Starts a 2pm and his class starts at 3 PM, am I going to have to vacation day or miss a class? Please someone help.
    Naryanxx wrote: »
    Hi, so I don't know if there is already a thread on t his, I did search for it and found nothing related to my question. one of my sims works and goes to school. The odd thing is, is that the schedule with work and school seem to be conflicting. Work Starts a 2pm and his class starts at 3 PM, am I going to have to vacation day or miss a class? Please someone help.

Yes. The school only makes sure that other classes doesn't collide. Your sim will have to decide between work and school. Maybe change job? Freelancer is a great job if you take three classes or less per week at least.
  • drhodesdrhodes Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Simmers! Does anyone know how to tell what enhancement level a Servo Bot is? I know they start out at level 0. But if I meet one on the street how can I tell?
  • Brooke09bBrooke09b Posts: 1 New Member
    This isn’t a did you know type of thing , but when playing university the “go to class” button doesn’t show up until a hour after class starts and my sims classes don’t end untill 2-3 hours later then they are supposed to. Does anyone know what to do?
    Brooke09b wrote: »
    This isn’t a did you know type of thing , but when playing university the “go to class” button doesn’t show up until a hour after class starts and my sims classes don’t end untill 2-3 hours later then they are supposed to. Does anyone know what to do?

Do you have any mods? Because it sounds like your class schedule shows wrong. The time period between "Go To Class" and the end of class is correct.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @Brooke09b There is a bug report from others who are also having time problems with their classes. You should probably add a "Me Too" if you haven't already. The Devs are also asking for save files from people who are experiencing this:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Ingame-time-shifted/m-p/8455125#M111646
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Did you know that despite dorms coming with the trash compactor wall unit (apartment style trash disposal) the Sims can't seem to use it unless there is a trash can on the lot. I always wondered why garbage and plates were littered everywhere and the maids couldn't clean... An oversight in design yes but a pro tip none the less

I had one on a regular lot, and I had to get rid of the trash can to get her to use the compactor. She kept taking trash to the outdoor trash can.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    @Brooke09b There is a bug report from others who are also having time problems with their classes. You should probably add a "Me Too" if you haven't already. The Devs are also asking for save files from people who are experiencing this:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Ingame-time-shifted/m-p/8455125#M111646

Good idea. It sounds like the behavior is correct, but the schedule is wrong. (aka they go to class the correct way, the classes are the correct length, but they do not match the information in your Career tab). That's definitely a bug.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Is it possible that Sims get credit for classes already taken when they have multiple degrees? My Sim is working her way through all the Distinguished Degrees at Foxbury, and now has all but Psychology and Villainy. She enrolled in Psychology last night, and only needs 8 classes to graduate.

I also noticed that all her diplomas show her as having earned her distinguished degrees at Britechester. I don't think I ever had her do a degree at Britechester - I'm pretty sure she's been at Foxbury all along, but maybe I did have her do the first one there.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Didn't notice until today that if you're enrolled during winter and it is Cold or Freezing outside temporary food stalls pop up with warm food like spiced apple juice or clam chowder. It costs money but my Sim just ate almost exclusively there because well, spiced apple juice.

...Actually made me want to make some for real...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Not sure if anyone found this but next to the dorms in Foxbury there is a fake building. There seems to be a party going on in there because the music is jamming around 8pm Fridays. I think it is unfair that my sims cannot attend this party....just saying.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone found this but next to the dorms in Foxbury there is a fake building. There seems to be a party going on in there because the music is jamming around 8pm Fridays. I think it is unfair that my sims cannot attend this party....just saying.

Music is jamming... Do you mean the stadium? It's near dorms, it has events on fridays and saturdays.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited April 2020
    EgonVM wrote: »

Music is jamming... Do you mean the stadium? It's near dorms, it has events on fridays and saturdays.

Nope not the stadium on the other side. The fake building. Move your camera there about 9pm on Friday. It last until about midnight.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I think i know the fake building you're talking about. Hadn't noticed the party but what a bummer your sims can't attend.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Poppyella17Poppyella17 Posts: 3 New Member
    I was told to uninstall everything to get rid of the legacy edition as i wasn't aware you can't have newer game packs with it. But now my game won't run without it! Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Just learned - because I just checked - that you can tutor on weekends.

Nice to know! I have a light term - everything is on Tuesday and Thursday - so I'll have time to knock out the remaining Tutoring sessions for my Aspiration during the week.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Students can still be late for class if they are attending from home if they live in a mansion. My tip is to place a mirror next to the front door and have them practice debate when the class start time is nearing. This will stop them from wandering up to the 3rd floor just as class is about to begin and also increases their Research & Debate skill.