Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    Homeless sims can get by with camping equipment on campus. Just remember to pick it all back up. I camped by the water ad used the grill already in place. No moodlets for dorm food.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know the game would spawn random bikers to ride bikes through the neighborhoods. I was pleasantly surprised despite loading the game up for the first time and knowing that those playables didn't actually own bikes lol.
  • JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks for all the tips. Can't wait to to play when I get home.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that you can't use the snack fridge that comes from Get To Work. You can place it on the dorm lot but there are no interactions available 😔
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Hello, I need someone answer me a question, because im in shock right now.
    I don't use mod. i get a rommate in my sim house. They get in love, and they was bf/gf. but suddenly, with a relation 100/100 he (THE NPC!!) just "broke up with my sim!" (with a cruel animation saying "good bye").. i need know if this is a new random autonomous drama in the game... because this haven't any sense to me when they was "soul mates" please, anyone experienced the same??????
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    ok. this is the "new" in the game. It happend AGAIN. is cool sims have some autonomy like this, but with 100/100 relation ship? (there is a mod for broke ups that works better than this new interaction, only with RED relation's. But this happend so random, and havent any sense. and the animation don't works correctly. i hope ea fixed this, this ***** >=(
  • ItsWhySoSeriousItsWhySoSerious Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi!! Has anyone ever went to make an offering to the Sprites at the Ritual Ground, and something was placed on the rock? This has happened to me and I can't move the crystal because it doesn't belong to me. I've tried leaving and coming back and also restarting my game and it's still there :#
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    I haven't read through the whole thread so hopefully this isn't repeating what someone else said, sorry if it is!

If a sim is living in a dorm when they go into labor you'll get a pop up about how the dorms can't give proper care to the baby and it forces your sim to move out. An event called packing up and moving out starts and you can gather what you want then leave but you can still finish the term.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don't use mod. i get a rommate in my sim house. They get in love, and they was bf/gf. but suddenly, with a relation 100/100 he (THE NPC!!) just "broke up with my sim!" (with a cruel animation saying "good bye").. i need know if this is a new random autonomous drama in the game... because this haven't any sense to me when they was "soul mates" please, anyone experienced the same??????

It’s happened to me too. I mentioned this in forum earlier. My sims roommate just took it apon himself to ask her out and she said yes lol. I didn’t even know what happened until I seen the notification in the top right hand corner that they are now gf and bf.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2020

What exactly did the break up message say? And does it show that they are exes in the relationship panel?

When roommates age up, they move out and say goodbye (something about starting a new chapter, or something) but it's not a break up message. Maybe that's what you saw. The relationship panel will tell you if they are really broken up.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ok. this is the "new" in the game. It happend AGAIN. is cool sims have some autonomy like this, but with 100/100 relation ship? (there is a mod for broke ups that works better than this new interaction, only with RED relation's. But this happend so random, and havent any sense. and the animation don't works correctly. i hope ea fixed this, this ***** >=(

I think this has nothing to do with that, but the fact that they are programmed to leave if they graduate.
    I had that happen with a friend (roommate) that after first semester (for my sim) suddenly on the same day you asked if you want to sign up for a new semester just gave the "Good bye" speech and left.

Because she graduated, and my Sim didn't, yet.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    Hi! I just got Discover University last night and I'm a bit confused by it. I made a Sim and her her live off campus until she got accepted and she got accepted to Foxbury Institue. I then found out that you can't change the rooms there and it also wouldn't let me put any of my stuff from my inventory there. When she went to class, I followed her but she disappeared into a building and never came out then when I tried to zoom in, the camera lost her, I couldn't get her to move and there was no indication of where I was on campus. Also there were no other sims around. So is there a setting I'm missing? Do I need to just forget Foxbury..lol. I have no idea. I tried to fix things in the gameplay options on the menu but nothing happened.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Hi! I just got Discover University last night and I'm a bit confused by it. I made a Sim and her her live off campus until she got accepted and she got accepted to Foxbury Institue. I then found out that you can't change the rooms there and it also wouldn't let me put any of my stuff from my inventory there. When she went to class, I followed her but she disappeared into a building and never came out then when I tried to zoom in, the camera lost her, I couldn't get her to move and there was no indication of where I was on campus. Also there were no other sims around. So is there a setting I'm missing? Do I need to just forget Foxbury..lol. I have no idea. I tried to fix things in the gameplay options on the menu but nothing happened.

Have you made a bug report on Answers HQ? You're more likely to find help there.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    [quote="LadyKyn;c-17314265"]Caught in the act this time >:( DEFACING THE FOXBURY STATUE WITH KNITTING HOW DARE.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/dqvp8wD.png[/img]

Yeah, they definitely come in the middle of the night to prank the statue from a rival school. Also, if you happen to be there and catch them in the act (or anyone else) the prank will pretty much fail and they get a embarrassed moodlet as well as the statue being spared. (this time)

I like that they actually show a knitting animation for this too as well.[/quote]

Did anyone else find this interesting that knitting won! Hmmm it’s already more than half way in the game. Sigh. Not complaining.. I dig it, but I smell trickery.

Oh... my insert on the forum..

Did you know former founder Felix Psyded is quite the party animal. Invite his wondering ghost out to a bar. It’s the least you could do.
    Not sure if feature or bug BUT:
    Just like in Sims 2 your Servo can sleep in a normal bed and recharges quicker that way.
    But that's not what I am talking about.

I noticed that when my Servo reached enhancement level 5, the option for clicking on a bed changed from "Recharge" to "Sleep". Is it a deliberately sign that he is becoming more his own person and more independent every time you enhance him?
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Hello.

Slightly disappointed that, when I got my sim to complete all the degree options (only the distinguished ones as you can't complete both the normal and the distinguished ones), there was no achievement or aspiration reward for it. I kinda hoped there would be.

Loving the university pack but would have loved more than one free lot in the university world.
    :)
  • QueenieVeeQueenieVee Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > If you do plop down some washer and dryers as well as hampers roommates CAN do laundry, but not all of them will. Had like one out of the three do laundry period as well as clean up. Majority of my roommates were usually lazy. Haha.
    >
    > Though from the looks of it when they change clothing I don't believe it contributes to the laundry basket at all.

Is this when you're living in the "townhouse" (for a lack of a better word) or when you're living in the dorms? I thought the BB items weren't as accessible when you're living in the dorms.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2020
    QueenieVee wrote: »
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > If you do plop down some washer and dryers as well as hampers roommates CAN do laundry, but not all of them will. Had like one out of the three do laundry period as well as clean up. Majority of my roommates were usually lazy. Haha.
    >
    > Though from the looks of it when they change clothing I don't believe it contributes to the laundry basket at all.

Is this when you're living in the "townhouse" (for a lack of a better word) or when you're living in the dorms? I thought the BB items weren't as accessible when you're living in the dorms.

Hi @QueenieVee , you can access Build Mode and customize the dorms too! :blush: The trick I've discovered is to make sure that there are no students living in the dorm lot. When it's empty, you will be able to access the Build Mode from the neighborhood screen and then edit the lot.

The only thing is that it won't let you change the size of the lot. With some patience though, and lots of trying over and over again to place walls, I was able to edit the bath area and make the showers private with some new walls. I also took out a dorm room and made a bigger common room so I could add the juice keg and ping pong table and games and one mini fridge and microwave there, a popcorn maker and the tea and coffee kettle etc.. You can't have a stove though. I think the students are generated based on the number of beds, so I made some private rooms, some with three beds. It's fun to customize the dorm lots. I also added the research machine, computers, etc. And the study lot traits. It worked out really well so far.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    QueenieVee wrote: »
    > @LadyKyn said:
    >

Hi @QueenieVee , you can access Build Mode and customize the dorms too! :blush: The trick I've discovered is to make sure that there are no students living in the dorm lot. When it's empty, you will be able to access the Build Mode from the neighborhood screen and then edit the lot.

The only thing is that it won't let you change the size of the lot. With some patience though, and lots of trying over and over again to place walls, I was able to edit the bath area and make the showers private with some new walls. I also took out a dorm room and made a bigger common room so I could add the juice keg and ping pong table and games and one mini fridge and microwave there, a popcorn maker and the tea and coffee kettle etc.. You can't have a stove though. I think the students are generated based on the number of beds, so I made some private rooms, some with three beds. It's fun to customize the dorm lots. I also added the research machine, computers, etc. And the study lot traits. It worked out really well so far.

The reason you can't edit after you have spawned Sims in the dorm lots is because you improving the campus will cause the "yearly" cost to change. So the game won't let you after it calculates the price, which it does as soon as you go into "play" mode in a campus.
  • AinimacheAinimache Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > If you know you will be spending Winterfest at college, be sure to drag a pile of presents into your sim's inventory before leaving. You can place it down in your dorm and Father Winter will bring you gifts. I also didn't have class on the holiday, but it didn't extend the semester, so be sure to do some extra studying instead.

Winterfest my second term fell on the last day of two of my classes. Since there were no classes on Winterfest day, there were no final exams, so I failed my classes. No mods.
    Ainimache wrote: »
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > If you know you will be spending Winterfest at college, be sure to drag a pile of presents into your sim's inventory before leaving. You can place it down in your dorm and Father Winter will bring you gifts. I also didn't have class on the holiday, but it didn't extend the semester, so be sure to do some extra studying instead.

Winterfest my second term fell on the last day of two of my classes. Since there were no classes on Winterfest day, there were no final exams, so I failed my classes. No mods.

This seems... strange. No holiday affects school schedule AFAIK. I have played through three Uni runs so far, and no matter if Winterfest or Summerfest or whatever the students never had a day off and classes went on as usual.

Besides, the classes do not have to be on a friday. It just says "Last class of the week is the final exam class". You seem to definitely have experienced a rare bug, or forgot to check your class schedule and didn't realize that yes, you had in fact, classes but missed them.
    Skipping your final exam is of course and auto-fail.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:

This seems... strange. No holiday affects school schedule AFAIK. I have played through three Uni runs so far, and no matter if Winterfest or Summerfest or whatever the students never had a day off and classes went on as usual.

Besides, the classes do not have to be on a friday. It just says "Last class of the week is the final exam class". You seem to definitely have experienced a rare bug, or forgot to check your class schedule and didn't realize that yes, you had in fact, classes but missed them.

My sims didn’t have classes on Winterfest and one of them missed a final because of it and failed the class. He had to retake it.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    > @SageRainWillow said:

My sims didn’t have classes on Winterfest and one of them missed a final because of it and failed the class. He had to retake it.

Huh. Maybe I just got lucky? I have absolutely no memory of not going to class on Winterfest; in fact I remember "failing" all major holidays because I was too busy studying, preparing and going to classes.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:

Huh. Maybe I just got lucky? I have absolutely no memory of not going to class on Winterfest; in fact I remember "failing" all major holidays because I was too busy studying, preparing and going to classes.

Did you edit the holiday? Maybe only default holidays cancel classes.
    > @SageRainWillow said:

Did you edit the holiday? Maybe only default holidays cancel classes.

No, or rather yes, but I made sure the the "Off Work" setting for Summerfest was active (didn't edit Winterfest).