Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canadians - do any of our retailers have digital downloads for pc?

Or do we have to order the box with code and wait for 3-5 days shipping?
It seems Amazon.ca, Best Buy and EB Games has DU on for pre-sale at $39.99 which brings it in at $10 less than Origin. However they are all shipping boxes which won't ship until Friday. I was hoping to play this weekend.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I bought mine from cdkeys.com for $44 CND and they've already provided me with the activation key so I can download it from Origin tomorrow (by using a VM).
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    edited November 2019
    Denimjo wrote: »
    I bought mine from cdkeys.com for $44 CND and they've already provided me with the activation key so I can download it from Origin tomorrow (by using a VM).

I have heard that sometimes Origin doesn't let you use CDKeys codes. Also it is still more than 39.99 (41.98 with GST). In that case I will order with free shipping or wait until it in store(if that actually happens)
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've used cdkeys here before and it worked fine, but yeah usually I won't as for Canadians the price is usually more origin.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    In Canada the price for an EP on Origin is about $60 CND (I think a bit more). Personally I'm fine with paying $3 more from CDKeys to get an authentic activation code so I can download the game the moment it is released than having to wait days for a physical box to arrive, but that's just me.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    In Canada the price for an EP on Origin is about $60 CND (I think a bit more). I'm fine with paying $3 more from CDKeys to get an authentic activation code so I can download the game the moment it is released than having to wait days for a physical box to arrive, but that's just me.

Pretty much $51.99 plus tax cost bit more than $60 I agree I rather have code now then wait plus pay shipping witch cost just much too if lucky shipping be free. still, amazon cost as much as origin does.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    I ordered with Amazon Prime - total was 41.99 with GST free shipping it will be here next week Monday and that is fine. for $12.50 savings it won't kill me to wait. Then my mods should be mostly updated.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • mamx2mamx2 Posts: 91 Member
    i ordered mine from bestbuys and it saved me 12 bucks. it will be here soon enough.same as verlaninem. last time it was the box with code and dvd .
    mamx2 wrote: »
    i ordered mine from bestbuys and it saved me 12 bucks. it will be here soon enough.same as verlaninem. last time it was the box with code and dvd .

Hopefully the code works for a download as the new laptop didn't come with a dvd player. I could use the old one to upload if needed I guess
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well I know I’m not Canadian, but do you have Instant-Gaming there ? You can get the EPs, GPs and SPs for less expensive. They send you a code that you add on origin.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    EB Games sales the PC Sims 4 Expansions for $39.99 + GST in Alberta, Canada.

OMG - the shipping from Amazon has changed from ships today to 1 - 2 months WHAT?????
    If that doesn't change today then I will cancel
    @SERVERFRA was that online or in store? Cause I will run out at lunch and grab it
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    It's in an actual store.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's in an actual store.

I actually did the reserve at Best Buy and grab it at lunch time. I haven't gotten much time to play though and running a almost vanilla game yikes lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    I know the feeling. From 2014 to 2018 all I could buy was the Expansion Packs, it was very limited. But once I was finally able to purchase the
    Gamepacks & Stuff Packs it became better. I was overwhelmed by it all & began to purchase monthly by theme.