January 14th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Let's Talk Fairies! (And Werewolves)

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,745 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    If fairies are added, there needs to be the possibility that if you interact with them, your baby will be swapped with a changeling.

Yes!! I love the Changeling concept and it would be so cool to not know if a random baby turns out to be some kind of Fae when they grow up. Then there should be an optional adventure to try to find your "real" child, who could still exist somewhere with the Goblins or something.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited December 2020
    If fairies are added, there needs to be the possibility that if you interact with them, your baby will be swapped with a changeling.

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations up to 11, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

Like I'm sure they could come up with a way of getting the child back or preventing them from being nabbed if they added such an option, but I feel it would be safer to leave such a "dark" feature out of a pack. That being said I'm not against a darker themed fairy pack, heck that's why I love the Vampires pack, but I just feel they need to be cautious, especially how "sensitive" the community can be around occult gameplay. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,661 Member

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

Like I'm sure they could come up with a way of getting the child back or preventing them from being nabbed if they added such an option, but I feel it would be safer to leave such a "dark" feature out of a pack. That being said I'm not against a darker themed fairy pack, heck that's why I love the Vampires pack, but I just feel they need to be cautious, especially how "sensitive" the community can be around occult gameplay. :-/

it is a little dark, but like with Garlic and vampires, you could add a horse-shoe decoration in the nursery and that would prevent the abductions, just like in the folklore. :smile:
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,315 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

it is a little dark, but like with Garlic and vampires, you could add a horse-shoe decoration in the nursery and that would prevent the abductions, just like in the folklore. :smile:

Lol, that's why I said it shouldn't be added unless there was a way to prevent it or get the child back.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • SulSulwitchesSulSulwitches Posts: 4 New Member
    I would really love an expansion pack that was like Narnia. A magical land that would incorporate sims royalty being able to become royals, have a court, and kingdom. Also featuring new occults like Fairies/fae and Lycanthropes, maybe gods. completing task to gain faith and worship and become a deity with a spell list similar to witches but totally unique (thinking about the show "The Magicians" with this).

I would enjoy seeing an expansion of ghost and mermaids as well. for ghost there is the possession of sims (mind control), being able to freeze a sim by phasing through them, temporality become corporeal by sapping their energy. mermaids expand their control over weather manipulate lighting, windstorms, a little H20: just add water action

that would be really cool especially the gods, something new and interesting.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Steel/iron keep the fae at bay.
    Hang crossed blades above your babe, and they will be kept safe. Or perhaps a protector knight lamp. Or the horse shoe... though never upside down, or your luck will fall out!
    Or plant some iron rich plasma fruit by your door.

The game needs darkness. Fae are creatures of darkness.
    Travel to fairy-land, sure it's fun, but NEVER eat the food, or you will stay for a lifetime, though it only seems minutes, and when you return home, your loved ones will have passed, and your children will be old.

But you can travel to fairy land, to rescue your stolen child, the food you eat while there must already have been in your sims inventory, so pack a lunch before you leave home.

And of course, there must be toggles!
    Fraidy folks need to be able to toggle off the epic darkness.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,837 Member
    Personally, I think the Werewolves in Underworld & Harry Potter looked very scary in a cool dark way. Plus, they didn't look like Teen Wolf or a Giant Wolf in Twilight.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,745 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, I think the Werewolves in Underworld & Harry Potter looked very scary in a cool dark way. Plus, they didn't look like Teen Wolf or a Giant Wolf in Twilight.

I love, LOVE the Underworld Werewolves! While they're probably a little too scary for Sims 4, I wouldn't mind a slightly cartoonish version of them. I'm willing to compromise to get a proper hybrid werewolf form with fur, snout, teeth, tail and animal features. They would look so cool in Sims 4. <3
  • CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    The only issue with your idea would be that EA would think this was 'too much' to put in a expansion pack even though I think it's perfect and what we should expect from an expansion pack! I sincerely hope they do this!!! :)
  • Ursine1bearUrsine1bear Posts: 3 New Member
    SimState-DLC has created a furries mod that can turn your Sim into a werewolf. They don't turn into a wolf. There is also a link at ModtheSims in their "Where to find" section for a mod to make children werewolves, but not toddlers. There are also dog, tiger, leopard, cougar. They stay furries / werewolf in the shower. Version 2 has a color chart to change the fur. The ears are pointed, folded, curved or floppy. The tails are cat, dog, or curled. You can adjust the length and width of the muzzle. You can use sims feet, puffy cartoon feet or paws. You can add claws to the hands.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 31 Member
    Genies
    Angels
    Demons
    Fairies
    Zombies
    Mummies (I really want to have an Egyptian pack)
    Gods/Goddesses
    Werewolves
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 3,993 Member
    edited January 5
    Would this concept allow the cute/nice Victorian/Tinkerbell and helper (like Brownie) types fairies?

I like both light-hearted and dark fairies, but I prefer to play mostly light-hearted fairies.
    ~*~Occult Family Player~*~
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,837 Member
    I still so much want in Sims 4:
    Fairies
    Werewolves
    Genies
    Cupid/Eros
    Aphrodite
    Aries
    Zeus
    Hera
    Hinds