Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Base Game Eyebrows that look like bad CC ?

_Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
Hey guys, so when I first saw these eyebrows in my game I thought it was some bad cc. Not only they don't look maxis match at all but even the color swatches are in the wrong order. I tried to locate them using the Sims 4 Tray Importer but they didn't show up there. So then I tried to track them down by slowly removing cc in batches from my mods folder. They were still there every time.
So I ended up moving the whole Electronic Arts folder out of my documents and let the game generate a new one and that's when I realized that these are actually in the game :|. And I was socked. Cause they look so bad, don't they?. Did you guys notice them and is there a reason why we got these awful looking eyebrows? :D

Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-1.png

*I'm not bothered by the shape but the quality.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    haven't really noticed I almost always use same 3 eyebrows though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited November 2019
    These are from Realm of Magic, they are supposed to look drawn on. :) not sure if they moved them to base game?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    These particular eyebrows were added with the patch before ROM. They look a bit odd, but they do work on some Sims.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    They were added in with a patch around the release of Realm of Magic. Morgyn has this brow style and I think they're supposed to look drawn on rather than resemble natural brows.

ZYj2Drl.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    These are from Realm of Magic, they are supposed to look drawn on. :) not sure if they moved them to base game?

I don't know, I had no idea where they came from πŸ˜‚ I didn't know they were supposed to look like that, I still don't get their purpose but okay, I guess some people in real life have tattooed eyebrows that like this too so I will try to convince myself that it's realistic and move on πŸ˜‚
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They’re supposed to look painted on. Like how a lot of people have their eyebrows look nowadays. I find them amusing for my sims who want to have that fake eyebrow look. Lol
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The quality looks just fine to me. It seems to be in tune with the cartoony theme. I suppose spellcasters need more sophisticated brows :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I actually like them... πŸ˜‚
    He/Him
    They were added in with a patch around the release of Realm of Magic. Morgyn has this brow style and I think they're supposed to look drawn on rather than resemble natural brows.

ZYj2Drl.png

I didn't notice morgyn had them :o
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The swatches being in the wrong order is annoying me so much lol

The eyebrows themselves is not something i would use, so maybe i will hide them :#
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    edited November 2019
    I actually like them... πŸ˜‚

Well I don't know guys, like I said my first impression was that they looked broken and I just wanted to delete them .-. That's why I got so mad when I found out they're part of the game. But fine..I hate them a bit less now that I know Morgyn's got them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    They remind me of the crazy drawn on eyebrows that I see girls in real life with these days. :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like these eyebrows.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Sharonia wrote: Β»
    They remind me of the crazy drawn on eyebrows that I see girls in real life with these days. :D

This :D
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think they fixed the swatch issue in yesterday's patch. but yeah like others said: they're drawn on and supposed to look fake.
    i think they fixed the swatch issue in yesterday's patch. but yeah like others said: they're drawn on and supposed to look fake.

I haven't updated my game yet because I'm afraid my mods will break :D I see everyone's complaining.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's like, witchy goth aesthetic.
    6bd4f145adc4770557b3cf74d67cbca4.jpg
    ETA: I found this on Google - no idea who it is. If this is against the rules my mistake!
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    The swatches being in the wrong order is annoying me so much lol

The eyebrows themselves is not something i would use, so maybe i will hide them :#

same!! why would they have the colours like that?
    edited November 2019
    storyy wrote: Β»
    ETA: I found this on Google - no idea who it is. If this is against the rules my mistake!

You found the perfect reference! I was mad because they look fake and unnatural but I get it now, making an eyebrow like that was the point.
    I suppose they can work on some sims too and she looks great.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    _Sandra_ wrote: Β»
    storyy wrote: Β»

You found the perfect reference! I was mad because they look fake and unnatural but I get it now, making an eyebrow like that was the point.
    I suppose they can work on some sims too and she looks great.
    Yes! They are certainly not for everyone, I think it's for a very specific vibe/look to use these eyebrows! I'm glad I could help :)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, Morgyn is more woman than man...oh, and part toddler - just look at those chubby cheeks ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2019
    They're for a more intense look. The goth pic is a great example. I have a Sim who likes the late 90's "I overplucked and drew it all back on, and I look fabulous" thing. I dig it.

Jasmine Jeffries

6mH3cHu.png

Gallery ID: Snapdragon27
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    It's not one I use very often, if at all. I'm more annoyed with the fact that I have 3 different no eyebrow swatches.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)