Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In The Defense of Happy Haunts

WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
edited February 16 in Nominated Threads
So the options except for HH are all pretty realistic and in same cases just accents to what we already have. We have a Spellcaster and a Vampires pack but this Haunts concept option sounds really cool! We need more stuff that is innovative and this comes with THREE careers with supernatural bents. It be really cool to play with Grim Reaper career (better be active xD) I don't think the other options we really need I mean Sims should innovate not design stuff we already have in diff ways. I am doubtful we'll get it but I really want Happy Haunts. I hope Sims Team will consider making the packs content that don't win cuz I think if Happy Haunts doesn't win it'll be second place at most.
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    We need more stuff that is innovative and this comes with THREE careers with supernatural bents.

Actually, the gameplay features are just options that also have to be voted on. So they could make this pack and only include one career, or the spirit board, depending on what is most popular. The three careers aren't a definite.

I do hope this pack wins, though. Arts & crafts sounds interesting, but I think it's more likely to appear in another pack in some way than psychic/reaper/ghost stuff.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    We need more stuff that is innovative and this comes with THREE careers with supernatural bents.

Actually, the gameplay features are just options that also have to be voted on. So they could make this pack and only include one career, or the spirit board, depending on what is most popular. The three careers aren't a definite.

I do hope this pack wins, though. Arts & crafts sounds interesting, but I think it's more likely to appear in another pack in some way than psychic/reaper/ghost stuff.

Okay only one career but a stuff pack is like 100 items and not 1 item.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    we don't really have anything Arts and Crafts offer either
    and i mean stuff pack that revolves around making stuff be pretty epic

but also I feel that if they went Happy Haunts it'd just have to be game pack
    because meanwhile the A&C description sounded complete pack to me and I'd be down for it rn

HH made me just think that I'd like them to go more in depth with the theme if they do it
    and add fortune teller things and perhaps make grimmy a full active career instead of freelance
    I just don't think they can fit it in stuff pack and make me happy because it's trying to do many things
    but doesn't exactly pinpoint what I want the same way as A&C does

what I won't forgive though is if community picks anything that isn't A&C or HH
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have no faith in what the community wants, because judging by the last stuff pack vote, it'll be pretty mundane. I'm all for something new and exciting, but laundry is not something I would call new nor exciting, but it's what the majority of people voted for, not the overarching eco-living theme it started with. They've learned from this at least and condensed the voting options, and I am hoping that now that we're voting for it in-game and with the influx of new simmers from the free giveaway several months ago it'll bring in newer opinions than from the ones who congregate this forum.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    We'll not get three careers in one SP. Many people seem to misunderstand this and think we'll get all items listed but we will not.
    You will have the opportunity to rank the features within the themes, and then rank the themes themselves. The top-ranked theme and the top-ranked feature within that theme will become the core of our new Stuff Pack!
    (Source)

Also, we already have a Haunted lot trait. Unbelievable that they try to even resell that one.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree. And I also think both of these things deserve a gamepack. There is so much they can do with both of these, ESPECIALLY the paranormal theme. Can you imagine ALL of these amazing paranormal things in one good gamepack?!!!!!!! It does sound innovative and different.
    I honestly think both of these are too good for a stuff pack. But no one can be sure what we are getting in the future so I had to vote for happy haunts! :'(

I don't think it's going to win honestly but I'm hoping that it comes close enough that they decide to still do a paranormal theme in the future.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    The supernatural aspect of The Sims is why I play this game. If there weren't occult life states and out of the box careers, I would not play The Sims, it's as simple as that. For hyper realism, I go to this place called outside and tend to all my realistic desires there. LOL I use The Sims as a way to write fantastical stories, and that means, I need fantastical creatures and out of the box careers, like the Grime Reaper and Ghost Hunting freelancing careers. :D

I think the Arts and Crafts pack is cute, and I do want those elements in the game, too, I just desire the supernatural features more. I'm crafty in real life, so for me, I'd rather do my own needlework than watch my sim do it. That's just my personal take on it, other people are naturally going to have a different perspective.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would be happy with either the Haunts one or the Arts and Crafts. I really wish there was some way we could have them both.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Simmers of the world, unite! Let's make them release both A&C and HH lol
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    i just want the grim reaper career idc if it comes with arts and crafts stuff

Dark Arts & Crafts? lol
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member

Dark Arts & Crafts? lol

its called witchcraft for a reason
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Dark Arts & Crafts? lol

lool i mean as long as it comes with the grim reaper career i'm all for it

I was thinking more DIY spirit boards; everyone wins!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    My favorite all time career in Sims 3 was ghost hunting. My sim lived in that southern town close to the swamp in a tiny home on stilts. It was one of my best sim experiences for some strange reason. I'm also wondering if we have a grim reaper career if it would count getting to know the person doing it for the grilled cheese aspiration.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I was at first, yeah, Arts and Crafts please be arts and crafts because quite frankly Vegan living, we've already got vegetarian, so what's the point of a vegan trait (Don't hit me, I'm Vegan in rl and I do know the difference!) It just seems like another lets represent this minority (that is rapidly growing I might add). The other two I've forgotten because they were sooooo exciting they stuck in my mind. Then they said Happy Haunts and I was like, no! No! No!!!!!!!! Squealed with delight and thought I know I've been badgering for arts and crafts for ages but if my Sim gets to play on a Ouija board or any of those I'm in! So I'll be voting number five even though I desperately want number one as well. How about we all get together to create a tied vote so we get them both? Can we do that? In short though after the Laundry Day fiasco, which in all fairness was great for CAS and BB, gameplay wise, I reckon we are all up for something as exciting again as watching washing dry. Ghost hunting was amazing in Sims 3.... I'd love to see it back in Sims 4.

Actually if we don't get Happy Haunts, lets start a protest for fleshing out the Ghost life state! Is it wrong that we have an election coming up in the UK yet I'm more fired up about voting for this than I am about voting who runs the country lmao
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I was at first, yeah, Arts and Crafts please be arts and crafts because quite frankly Vegan living, we've already got vegetarian, so what's the point of a vegan trait (Don't hit me, I'm Vegan in rl and I do know the difference!) It just seems like another lets represent this minority (that is rapidly growing I might add). The other two I've forgotten because they were sooooo exciting they stuck in my mind. Then they said Happy Haunts and I was like, no! No! No!!!!!!!! Squealed with delight and thought I know I've been badgering for arts and crafts for ages but if my Sim gets to play on a Ouija board or any of those I'm in! So I'll be voting number five even though I desperately want number one as well. How about we all get together to create a tied vote so we get them both? Can we do that? In short though after the Laundry Day fiasco, which in all fairness was great for CAS and BB, gameplay wise, I reckon we are all up for something as exciting again as watching washing dry. Ghost hunting was amazing in Sims 3.... I'd love to see it back in Sims 4.

Actually if we don't get Happy Haunts, lets start a protest for fleshing out the Ghost life state! Is it wrong that we have an election coming up in the UK yet I'm more fired up about voting for this than I am about voting who runs the country lmao

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 lol
    But I was thinking the same thing. I wish these would tie and we could get both!! Wishful thinking🙄 because it's too international for a tied vote. Any simmer who logs in will be able to vote and we can't reach them all. If that happened it would be random luck 🙈

Never got to play ghost hunting but it sounds sooooooooo exciting. (As well as the other careers too though) Even without knowing the details. Can't wait to learn more.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2019
    I love the supernatural element in sims games I mostly only play supernaturals in my games and I'd really like to see Happy Haunts win I'd prefer it though if it does and the grim reaper job got voted as the career of choice I would rather it be a full time career atm I'm playing with a grim reaper mod by gauntlet not the death angel one but one that actually makes you the grim reaper as of right now my spellcaster is the grim reaper I love the way sims react to my sim when he shows up when sims die and starts his reaping or when my sims children asks about their dads career and my sim is all like What? I'm the Grim Reaper or when another asks and the reply is You'll find out soon enough lol I'd also really like to see Ghosts fleshed out even more to give them more depth.
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    We do need more things for Occult Sims, Vampire Sims in particular need a job which caters more to them, bit weird for them to be say a Chef.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Unfortunatelly I think HH will be second place, unless the majority of simmers that are not active in the community want that more than the other stuff themes.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I'm voting for Happy Haunts. The possibility of getting a Grim Reaper Freelance career is just too good to pass up. I wish there were Graveyard lots too and a better way to manage the culling of ghosts you want to keep in your game without cheating.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    many things in Arts and crafts are already in Sims 3 if you own the store like I do. But Haunts is cool sounding and something we have never had. Sims 2 had all that stuff like science, tech stuff, and all the kitchen stuff. Sims 3 also has kitchen appliances and teas, health stuff. We need the rather new Haunts etc stuff.... The ghost hunter was all we had in ambitions all the rest is real new...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    many things in Arts and crafts are already in Sims 3 if you own the store like I do. But Haunts is cool sounding and something we have never had. Sims 2 had all that stuff like science, tech stuff, and all the kitchen stuff. Sims 3 also has kitchen appliances and teas, health stuff. We need the rather new Haunts etc stuff.... The ghost hunter was all we had in ambitions all the rest is real new...

Right? We need more fantasy stuff to balance out the many purely realistic content
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    I'd be more inclined to vote for Happy Haunts if I thought we'd get
    a) all three careers
    b) a single active career (like in GTW)

Sadly, I'm pretty sure we would just get a single rabbit hole out of it. It might have a handful of work from home tasks and/or some nice career rewards but ... Idk. I love the concept but really doubt the execution will be what I'd want.

At least arts and crafts is exactly what it says on the box, you know?
    owEyOd7.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    So the options except for HH are all pretty realistic and in same cases just accents to what we already have. We have a Spellcaster and a Vampires pack but this Haunts concept option sounds really cool! We need more stuff that is innovative and this comes with THREE careers with supernatural bents. It be really cool to play with Grim Reaper career (better be active xD) I don't think the other options we really need I mean Sims should innovate not design stuff we already have in diff ways. I am doubtful we'll get it but I really want Happy Haunts. I hope Sims Team will consider making the packs content that don't win cuz I think if Happy Haunts doesn't win it'll be second place at most.

Should be active, the design was stated as, and I quote, "Grim Reaper Freelancer Career." Freelancer means, well, freelancer.

And Happy Haunts should win! After all, it seems like 2019 was "the year" for occult players, as it introduces Mermaids, Spellcasters, and now Servos. Why not go out with a bang and let our sims hunt ghosts, or reap souls or something? Then we can go back to all the realism people (for some reason) seem to love. I wouldn't mind Self Care or Science & Technology, but Arts & Crafts sounds so boring...
    funny-gifs20.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top