Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They added COMPUTER SETTINGS and ASSIGNING SIDES OF BED to patch!

It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but the ability to lock computers for only certain sims and the ability to choose right/left side of the bed for sims was added to the patch!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I saw something in the patch about beds, but they said you could only assign beds for one Sim now. Didn’t say anything about the left/right side of the bed so that’s pretty cool. Also a nice touch for computers as well.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yay! The only downside is now I won’t be able to find visitors that wander away from conversation. You know they were always easily found at the computer 🤣
  • Options
    GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    That should’ve been done years ago. Adjustable columns should have been a “no duh” addition when they released terrain tools.
    I’ve not been impressed with their output in updates or packs for the last few years. Island Living wasn’t worthy of being an expansion. It was a game pack, at most. ROM should have been an expansion with the proposed Ghost pack as part of it.
    But it’s EA, so you’ll get less and less for the same price and the most logical updates seem like a miracle.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yay, two more mods I can delete. I had one for the beds and another to lock other Sims out of the computers. Plus, in DU, there will be new storage crates with their own inventories so we can use them for collectibles and label them. If I heard correctly ownership can also be assigned and these crates do not share inventories at all. Having one place for each of the collections is going to make life much easier.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    That should’ve been done years ago. Adjustable columns should have been a “no duh” addition when they released terrain tools.
    I’ve not been impressed with their output in updates or packs for the last few years. Island Living wasn’t worthy of being an expansion. It was a game pack, at most. ROM should have been an expansion with the proposed Ghost pack as part of it.
    But it’s EA, so you’ll get less and less for the same price and the most logical updates seem like a miracle.

Wait, what? A ghost pack is being considered?
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    This one is my favourite:

„Rare and uncommon harvestables will now be produced at higher rates when splicing“

I‘ve been trying to get that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pomegranate for months now :s
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I just checked Patchy for seeds and got orchids! Wonder if that goes along with the heightened chance of rares through other methods, or if I just got lucky.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I just checked Patchy for seeds and got orchids! Wonder if that goes along with the heightened chance of rares through other methods, or if I just got lucky.

probably luck. and writing of rare speed packs:

„Rare and uncommon harvestables will now be produced at higher rates when splicing“

I‘ve been trying to get that plum pomegranate for months now :s

pomegranate seeds can be found in that seed packet. you may need to open a few to get them though.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member

I've found the best way to get Pomegranates is fishing in Sylvan Glade, though it seems entirely random :)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh good I'm glad I'm just not unoberservant lol i thought I missed the split and transfer. That's cool for me cause my sims have a lot a babies you could pretend its like inheritance when booting out your kids lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was thrilled by the long list of fixes in the patch notes! I was especially happy that one of the fixes was so that mermaid children can now bathe normally again. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Wait, what? A ghost pack is being considered?

There's going to be a new community stuff pack voting series. They talked about it on the recent Maxis Monthly. One of the options is a paranormal theme called "Happy Haunts", that would possibly have new Ghost Hunter and Grim Reaper careers, seances and spirit boards, and a haunted house lot. It's already got my vote for sure! Voting starts Monday.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @dearie_blossom
    The easiest way to get pomegranates is to buy them through “purchase gifts” on the phone.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    But it’s EA, so...the most logical updates seem like a miracle.

Well said, and I totally agree.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

pomegranate seeds can be found in that seed packet. you may need to open a few to get them though.

About 70% of my sim’s income goes to seed packets. I rarely get something new though (my sim’s garden is kinda big)

I've found the best way to get Pomegranates is fishing in Sylvan Glade, though it seems entirely random :)
    babajayne wrote: »
    @dearie_blossom
    The easiest way to get pomegranates is to buy them through “purchase gifts” on the phone.

Thank you for the tips. I’m gonna try it out the next time I’m playing.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    But it’s EA, so...the most logical updates seem like a miracle.

Well said, and I totally agree.

The thread is about the fact that assigning bed sides and locking computers has been added in a free update. And while locking computers is something that Simmers have been asking for, and there have been mods for this for a long time, both these things are new to the franchise. I am not saying that we should throw EA a parade or anything, but both are pretty neat little additions and good things - so it's ok for players to be happy about it. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    No longer will sims come uninvited to my sims apartment and use my computer just because and Father Winter wont give me a bad gift. :p

Tended to just lock the doors that had the compurer in the room but now this feature is WAY more useful.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I really like the money transfer. It gets rid of a huge money cheat.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Since I have a few mods I really enjoy, I decided to start a brand new game save. But, I'm finding it's taking a very long time for me to place a lot I've already built from My Library. In fact, I do believe I could rebuild it faster. I started all of this at 3:33 pm. I just used my Task Manager to exit the game, as it was still doing the building lot loading thing and came over here. It's now 3:56 pm. That's close to one half hour and I've yet to be able to play. :open_mouth: This is bad news. It never takes this long.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm pondering putting my Sim's computer in a room that is locked for guests. I hate how they always beeline for that thing and completely ignore the host. It's kind of rude, yes?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm pondering putting my Sim's computer in a room that is locked for guests. I hate how they always beeline for that thing and completely ignore the host. It's kind of rude, yes?

Extremely. I do like that you can lock the computer for EVERYONE now. I will use that every time now when guests visit. Another thing I've noticed about the updated game - they aren't drinking water all the time! It's a miracle! :)

I'm very impressed with the update so far. They fixed a lot of things that badly needed it.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yay, two more mods I can delete. I had one for the beds and another to lock other Sims out of the computers. Plus, in DU, there will be new storage crates with their own inventories so we can use them for collectibles and label them. If I heard correctly ownership can also be assigned and these crates do not share inventories at all. Having one place for each of the collections is going to make life much easier.

I love the addition of that new crate we're getting. Now our sims personal inventory won't be an overwhelming mess.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I need Dragon fruits so badly. Now, my Sims has died, I guess, I'll get her descendent to get one! :'(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I need Dragon fruits so badly. Now, my Sims has died, I guess, I'll get her descendent to get one! :'(

Fish in Magnolia promenade if you have GTW, Dragon Fruit is pretty common there.