Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, for what SP you're going to vote for and why?

Comments

• TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    I mostly just think Arts & Crafts offers things I don't see should be part of other packs. Well, Fun-Tech too but I'm not interested in sports or tech so ...

Where the features really should belong
    Custom teas and herbal infusions - Cool Kitchen or maybe Realm of Magic
    Smoothie blender - Cool Kitchen
    Desktop microscope - Like everybody else, I think this should be in the base game. But if not in the base game, at least University!
    Food science - Cool Kitchen
    Kitchen appliances - Cool Kitchen
    Psychic freelancer career - University or Realm of Magic
    Grim / ghost freelancer career - Realm of Magic, Vampires
    Haunted house lot trait - Realm of Magic, Vampires

I loved it when I saw there was a kitchen pack (I started playing this year) but when I checked it out and it offered like cabinets and ice cream? What is that? I'm not buying it.

I want a pack that feels complete, I'm not purchasing a pack that's like a part of Realm of Magic, a part of Cool Kitchen and a part of something else. And I don't want to purchase a pack and feel like that wasn't the whole pack, that parts of it are spread out among other packs. If I want the magic experience I should get the full magic experience by purchasing that pack.

(And then vegan trait, I just always imagine my vegetarians are vegan and I imagine the dairy is vegan so ...)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I like the vegan trait, and that's my number one choice, but the pack where I like almost every option is the haunted one.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Science & Technology
    I voted for Science because I have always wanted a normal size telescope. Those gigantic monstrosities we have now are simply ridiculous. I don’t expect it to win though. I believe they have already decided what they’re going to do & it will be what costs the least & requires the least amount of effort. Just my opinion.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    My top vote is probably for the pottery wheel. I will rank some of the other objects highly within their categories. Happy Haunts will be ranked somewhere in the middle, not at the bottom.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I’d love for arts and crafts to win because you could create curtains and clothes for your sims by using a sewing machine... I want that and knitting! I need a trendy teen fashion designer who makes her own clothes and for grandma sims to knit tacky sweaters for their offspring.

I’d also take a fun tech pack

If they could make ghosts fun to play with I might enjoy the haunting pack...

What I also want is a traits and aspirations pack (some aspersions still only have one ltw) Yes I have custom traits but it’s not enough I’d also love more traits to buy...

I aLao want either teens or a pre-teens pack... (I’m still feeling mad about the height thing EA) but really though I want teens (or pre teens if we get them) to have more to do...
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Arts and Crafts is the only pack that is standing out to me as more unique than the rest. The other options feels like we already have activities that are similar/in the same area.

Also - would love to have granny sim knitting in her armchair by the fire
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Arts and Crafts! <3
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Was totally expecting Arts and Crafts to get a lower vote. :) My choice, because everything in there sounds like fun. Plus I crochet irl and enjoyed pottery classes in High School, so doing pottery and knitting in the Sims sounds like fun to me. I've wished crocheting was possible for a whlie, but will settle for knitting. Though I wonder why Quilting was'nt mentioned...could it be because Freeplay has that?
    image.png
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arts & Crafts
    Arts and Crafts is the only pack that is standing out to me as more unique than the rest. The other options feels like we already have activities that are similar/in the same area.

Also - would love to have granny sim knitting in her armchair by the fire

Have done a compete 180 and my least favourite sounding one is now my favourite and top vote - Happy Haunts sounds amazing! Would love to help Grim out! o:)
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • jujubeetlejuicejujubeetlejuice Posts: 4 New Member
    Arts and crafts would be an awesome stuff pack, but happy haunts has the potential to be an awesome game pack
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts
    I voted for Happy Haunts because there wasn't a single thing listed that I didn't think I'd enjoy. My favorite aspect is the Grim Reaper Freelancer career, but I'd be ok with any of the careers from that theme. The theme in general is just right up my supernatural heart loving alley.

The Arts and Crafts pack looks neat, too, but I know I'll tire of the crafts quickly and won't use them nearly as much as I would the careers and possible objects with Happy Haunts.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Happy Haunts
    I think I ended up voting for Happy Haunts after reading the more detailed options, but Arts and Crafts still got the second vote. I am tired of my artsy sims only having painting while my musical sims have several instruments to choose from as well as singing and dancing and dj. But the Happy Haunts could finally make the ghosts an interesting occult state if they did it well.

If they'd put the fitness tech, the self care and the food science part of the science one together into one healthy living game pack, along with a personal trainer and/or physical therapist career, I would totally buy it. Individually I'm not sure they hold my interest. Though honestly I'd love to build miniature golf courses, the rest of that theme doesn't thrill me as much. New aspirations and ways to use harvestables is appealing, but not super exciting.

Now that we have the scientist career and the robots with uni, I don't personally need any science or technology additions. I kind of feel like the small telescopes and microscopes that people have wanted since the game was released should be free patches rather than paid content.

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    He k yeah, I love knitting irl!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I chose Arts and Crafts because I want the pottery wheel or any of the other activities. Arts and Crafts is one of my favorite FreeTime hobbies, so yeah. :D

Happy Haunts is a close second because of all the fun gameplay options included in the survey.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Science & Technology
    Out of all these options there is just one I ever requested on this forum, normal sized telescopes and microscopes. I used telescopes all the time in previous sims games and the only reason why I stopped is the rediculous size. I need a telescope that fits on a balcony.
    so my vote went to science, but I think it is unlikely to win.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    musteni wrote: »
    I also liked Happy Haunts, but more interested in Arts & Crafts for now. Embroidery would be my top pick :)

It is a little bit weird that they showed vegan trait as one of the option since we already have vegetarian trait. I know it's not the same, but what could they possibly add to it game wise, other than make the diet even more restricted? Another weird one was haunted house lot trait since we already have haunted lot trait. I see they could probably add some to it but just doesn't feel like a fresh idea.

This!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I don't care about the vegan trait because I already have a tendency to forget that I'm using the vegetarian one and accidentally make those sims eat meat. It would be better if the unwanted meal options are greyed out before the sim in question starts cooking, though of course it makes sense that other sims could accidentally cook them meat-based meals.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited November 2019
    Science & Technology
    Science and Tech :)

(And arts & crafts was my #2... looking at the results here so far, my Science & Tech doesn't have much chance so kinda wishing I voted the arts one to help it stay in the lead haha, even though the Science and Tech is my fav by a little bit. )

As long as the haunted one doesn't win, I'm excited for a new stuff pack though lol. Because I don't have any left to buy and I've been hoping one would be released so I can create a bundle with University and ROM to get them cheaper haha!!! (
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    As I expected, Arts & Crafts was still my first choice once I saw the options. I hope the Fun-Tech option falls off a cliff and dies, because I absolutely hated every single feature they listed for that one.

The only surprise for me was that the healthy living option, which I thought wouldn't interest me at all, became my second choice, moving ahead of the paranormal pack, which landed in third. That's **solely** because of the new plant options they listed for the Smoothie Blender and Vegan, though. We really, really need new plants, so I'm hoping that Arts and Crafts will win, but they will see the interest in the new plants, and add them in somewhere else later. (Hmmm, I don't know, perhaps in a farm living pack?)

Basically, though, for each of the potential packs except Fun-Tech, I would be happy with it if the features included any of my top 2-3 choices for the pack. To put it another way, with the right features included, I would probably buy a pack with any of these themes except for Fun-Tech.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    I put the Arts and Crafts SP first because I know that this is the one that I'll use the most in my daily gameplay. However, I'm very much excited and fascinated over the Happy Haunts one because of the spooktacular (!) Freelancer careers!

The Self-Care, Fun-Tech Stuff, and Science & Technology ones, though cool, would not be my main priorities now as in some way or another are already represented in the game via the existing packs. And the Vegan Trait seems almost useless to me, as we've already got the Vegeterian one and I doubt there will be a handful of new recipes for our Sims to choose from.

I would very much like, if the Arts and Crafts SP wins, to be transformed into a GP, because this way it would offer so much more to Simmers. But I know it's wishful thinking, oh well.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Happy Haunts
    So I guess Arts & crafts is gonna win...After I got all excited over Happy Haunts. :'( Ah well. Seemed too good to be true anyway, lol.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Arts & Crafts
    Because Arts and Crafts could actually also give the KIDS and ELDERS something to do.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Happy Haunts
    Because Arts and Crafts could actually also give the KIDS and ELDERS something to do.
    Happy Haunts could give kids and elders something to do. Ever see those YouTube videos where kids play with a Ouija board and get possessed?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    It would be nice if we could also indicate somewhere, "my favorite item from all the themes," because for me it would be knitting, but my favorite theme is Happy Haunts. Honestly, every item in Arts and Crafts and Happy Haunts sound amazing, but my top three for the entire list of every possible item across all themes is "knitting, pyschic home career, grim reaper career."
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Idon't even know how to vote