Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch notes for Nov 12, 2019 Discover University are out now!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    All I'm gonna say is I really, really hope console gets the UI scaling when PS4/XBOX eventually get the update, I'm vision impaired and I can't read the notification pop-ups and most of the UI without getting a headache because of the small font. That and fixing the magical bloodlines trait would be great (I don't know if it affects the console version but I've avoided getting the trait just in case).

I'm kinda jealous about PC getting UI scaling, lol. It's the one thing I really need to play the game properly and not ignore every little thing that happens "Oh a thing happened at school/work but I can't read it, I'll just go back to grinding skills and looking after needs".

It feels like I miss a lot of stuff just because I can't read those pop-ups.

The new clothes look nice. The configurable columns will be fun to use in builds and you gotta love bug fixes.

Man you guys got a decent update.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Love that the percentages were increased for getting rare plants from a graft! Can't wait to test that now and see how long it takes. Previously, my Sims were almost elders before they'd get a rare. Locking computers for specific Sims and assigning bed sides is very cool as well. One bug fix I am particularly happy about is the one where townies would put grilled food in their inventory instead of putting the platter in world. That one was seriously crushing my Rags to Riches gameplay vibe. My Sims depended on that food and harvestables to survive! lol

However, I've created a new R2R Sim to do some testing and so far, I haven't seen any townies grill anything. I have noticed something new though. Several premades now have laptops that they will pull out and play on at picnic tables. I never saw that happen before the patch. Love that potions in ROM are supposed to now have value so my Spellcasters can sell them in a retail store if they wish, or just outright. I'm guessing this fix doesn't apply to potions already brewed though since all my Spellcasters potions are still worth 0. I'll have them brew up a batch next time I'm in game and see if those are worth anything now.

A tiny bit bummed the special occult eyes are still unavailable for my Spellcasters to use. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future patch. Though I haven't had an occasion to use it yet, I'm stoked about the ability to split money from household funds to give Sims moving out now. Very cool! Had hoped roommates would be patched in for all to enjoy, but not surprised it wasn't. That's a big feature of DU. No worries though, I'll be getting DU one way or another soon anyway. :)

I never had the excessive water drinking problem in my game like others did, but happy to see it's been fixed for those that did.

One of the first things I noticed right off the bat when I went in game after the patch was how the game graphics seem to be much more detailed. At least to me in my game. Everything looks a bit sharper, more defined and textures just seem to pop and shine more now or something. Also, the basic in world lighting seems to be a bit brighter and/or vibrant too. I thought this was only supposed to happen for Simmers playing on laptops, but I have a gaming desktop. It seems to have affected mine too somehow. Anyway, very nice surprise, I love it!

Lastly, thanks for implementing the UI scaling option! Something like that I probably never would've noticed since the size of mine didn't bother me. But, having said that, I DID notice my UI had been made a bit bigger by default after the patch and it's much better for these old eyes of mine. I guess that's a case of I never knew I needed/wanted it until I got it. Very much appreciated!

The only real problem I had with this patch was it borked my game shortcut. But thankfully it ended up being no biggie really, I was able to fix that within seconds so it's all good! ;)

Thank you so much Devs for all these specific fixes and the rest I haven't mentioned, the new clothing, and the custom height tool added to columns in this patch. I'd dare say this patch is probably in the Top Five of my all-time favorite patches. Toddlers is my #1 favorite, of course. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    How sims carry the laundry bag still isn't fixed. The notes on a recent update said they'd fixed them and there was (and still is) no change whatsoever.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    FrekiNGeriFrekiNGeri Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2019
    Huh, I can't seem to keep my fruits and veggies unless I place them in the family inventory. I had lots stored up for cooking meals, and when I went to use them from the fridge, they were gone. Also, the flowers in the flower station were gone. Ones stored in my chest were gone as well. BUT... I did have a few of each kind stored in my family inventory - those stayed.

Now, when I try to collect and save more, they disappear slowly. For instance, my sim went to the museum with an inventory full of produce. When he came back, all of it was gone. Also, when I exited the game at one point, I had tons of stuff in the fridge but I especially paid attention the pomegranates (I only had 4.) That's okay. I only had 2 when I reloaded the game later.

So.... I think the freezer bunny may be loose on my lot and stealing anything it can get its little teeth on... ::scowl:: Hope that gets fixed soon.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed - it's perfect veggies/flowers that keep disappearing. When my sim goes to another lot then comes back again, all the perfect ones disappear.

I love the UI scaling. Before, I had to change it in a file (or have the pleasure of trying to read tiny little ant tracks on my screen. And whenever I changed my mode from windowed to fullscreen, I'd have to go back in the file and edit the UI scale. Now I can change it, and it stays the same. YAY! :D
    Post edited by FrekiNGeri on