Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The spellcaster eye glitch hasn't been fixed, but at least the potion problem was pinched. Among a ton of other bug fixed. Nice.
    Child and Teen Sims are now spawning to knock on doors during the holiday season with trick or treat.
    Most excited about this. Finally, we can have our trick-or-treaters.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Huge list! I'm going to keep an eye on the water drinking... why does that sound to good to be true?
    Really happy about the plant splicing increases rare harvestables... and that potions now make a profit from ROM.
    ... I had the fruitcake one recently so whew :). They also seemed to be worse about putting away books so happy about that.
    I hope a lot of simmers got something fixed or changed that they needed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Awesome! A lot of bug fixes and they finally fixed the fruitcake bug. And, new music! Very nice. :)
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They fixed a lot of bugs !! Not the « not putting books away one » though :(
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    That's a lot of bug fixes. Did they delay them just for the Legacy Edition ?
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Sounds good to me.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Oh bless them, new toddler clothes and kids clothes free, they are listening <3 Also loads of fixes including the fix of one of my pet peeves, terrain paint! Thank you Maxis <3
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

"Sims now are more diligent in putting back their books in the bookshelf and/or bookcase."
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I don't want to be That Person, but the new menu removed the option to choose the pack render displayed.

It would be fine if it wasn't that sorry excuse for the ROM render but seeing it fills me with rage.
    That's not a real render it's just the pack cover. Please let me go back to the older beautifully detailed renders, like before the patch.
  • Simmers playing in Laptop Mode will now see improvements on the in game lighting.
    I'm waiting for my must-have mods to be updated, but did anyone also playing on Laptop Mode see definite improvement to in-game lighting? So intrigued! :smiley:
    I really hope snow glistens in the sun now aah, it's my favourite lighting feature :love:
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

"Sims now are more diligent in putting back their books in the bookshelf and/or bookcase."

Am I the only one who prefers when they put a book back in their inventory? I especially don't like when I purchase a book and it goes in the book case because I then have to sift through all the other books.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited November 2019
    What a huge patch. It basically fixed everything that I needed, except for New Years resolutions that are still broken. I've deleted the resolutions from the New Years Eve. I hope they'll get fixed later.

I'm so happy that toddlers will finally eat properly. I've started to use the high chair recently because it actually works now, but it's nice that toddlers can now have options again. :)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Am I the only one who prefers when they put a book back in their inventory? I especially don't like when I purchase a book and it goes in the book case because I then have to sift through all the other books.

I wouldn't mind that but the books on all tables wasn't the better option ;)
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I don't want to be That Person, but the new menu removed the option to choose the pack render displayed.

It would be fine if it wasn't that sorry excuse for the ROM render but seeing it fills me with rage.
    That's not a real render it's just the pack cover. Please let me go back to the older beautifully detailed renders, like before the patch.

I just noticed that too. I loved being able to change the render on the main menu.
  • GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    It’s really irritating that they keep taking things from packs we’ve paid for and giving them to everyone. This time, it’s a radio station. Last time, it was clothes and build/buy. They try to justify this by retaining exclusive color swatches for the packs. This is NOT fair. We paid for those packs and they are diminishing the value. If they want to give free stuff to everyone, then they need to create new things.
    It’s bad enough that the packs are getting more and more anemic and some items are just slightly reskinned from other packs. ROM should have been an expansion and been more like Sims 3 where it was a lot more for the money. The Ghost pack that’s part of the vote should have been part of ROM.
    ROM should also have had a furniture set that was fancy, as the nature-y furniture looks like it belongs in a log cabin, rather than a fancy witch’s house.
    Look, I know it’s EA and this is the stuff they’re known for in other games, but given that owning all the Sims packs is insanely expensive, we really should be getting the bang for our buck, like we used to with Sims 3.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It’s really irritating that they keep taking things from packs we’ve paid for and giving them to everyone. This time, it’s a radio station. Last time, it was clothes and build/buy. They try to justify this by retaining exclusive color swatches for the packs. This is NOT fair. We paid for those packs and they are diminishing the value. If they want to give free stuff to everyone, then they need to create new things.
    It’s bad enough that the packs are getting more and more anemic and some items are just slightly reskinned from other packs. ROM should have been an expansion and been more like Sims 3 where it was a lot more for the money. The Ghost pack that’s part of the vote should have been part of ROM.
    ROM should also have had a furniture set that was fancy, as the nature-y furniture looks like it belongs in a log cabin, rather than a fancy witch’s house.
    Look, I know it’s EA and this is the stuff they’re known for in other games, but given that owning all the Sims packs is insanely expensive, we really should be getting the bang for our buck, like we used to with Sims 3.

Except they didn't take anything from the expansion pack Get Famous. There are all-new hip hop songs and you don't get the songs from Get Famous.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nice to see such a long list of bug fixes. They even fixed a broken whim! Just one though, a score to go. Maybe they are listening to us.

And does this mean that those strangely incomplete kid's costumes in the holiday pack are now complete? I must load up and check as soon as my mods update. But even if they aren't, new stuff for kids and toddlers is great news.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    That's a lot of fixes! I have two Sims that like fruitcake so I want to see that fix in action. One ate "poor" quality food at a restaurant last night and it sounded like he enjoyed it. I tried to cancel the action but he ate it anyway. Then I got a notice that he had food poisoning so he and Morgyn had to leave fast.

I'm glad to see some on that list like splicing, and excessive water drinking.

I hope that Vampires got some attention even though they weren't mentioned. Like, where are they? They never call or visit anymore.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    My kids can’t have a quick meal from the refrigerator now. Lol
    But glad they fixed the other issues.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    All those bugfixes - that is just soothing my soul. Thank you <3

Everyone, don't forget to repair and re-update your game to make sure everything is working as intended. If something is not working and you are using mods or CC, then those could very well be the sinners.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    All those bugfixes - that is just soothing my soul. Thank you <3

Everyone, don't forget to repair and re-update your game to make sure everything is working as intended. If something is not working and you are using mods or CC, then those could very well be the sinners.

Thanks for the heads up🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2019
    Monaveil wrote: »

I hope that Vampires got some attention even though they weren't mentioned. Like, where are they? They never call or visit anymore.

I think vampires did get some attention! I just had my first vampire attack in ages right after I installed the patch.

I'm so impressed by all the bug fixes we got this time!

Things definitely look different on my laptop now, even though I play in ultra. I see details I wouldn't normally see, which is great! Finally I can actually tell when something is leather versus cotton. Unfortunately, I'm also experiencing weird lighting/reflections that don't look right. I'm hoping it's just due to some bad cc. I'll play around with it soon.

Edit: The problem is gone! Maybe the critical update fixed it?
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    immense love for the ui update. i have set it to giant and my eyes are relieved. 😌
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Fixed: "Sims will now place grilled food on the table appropriately instead of their inventory." This bugged me the most out of anything. Now I can go back to every household, apartment, and park to put the barbeque grills back. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    So many bug fixes. I actually can't wait for my mods to be updated so I can get the patch.