Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

weird repoman alert message

I keep getting this pop up that goes something like, "the government has decided to seize some of your goods as a means to compensate for your alleged ill-doings", and then a repoman comes and takes like 2-3k worth of stuff. It's not tied to my bills I think. The last two times this happened (just a few days apart from each other), I had already paid bills and nothing had come due yet. I use most NRAAS mods, but this has only come up in the last few weeks, during which I got Showtime and ITF. Does anyone know where this comes from?

No one is a criminal - the two sims who have jobs are a writer and a magician. The other two are teens.

Comments

• Options
    thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    Then I got another message - "The local authorities have seized a wad of Koffi bank funds, to the tune of 4221. The writ mentions the need to pay for cleanup and funerals for several unfortunate sims, whatever could that be about?"

Anyone have any idea what this is tied to?
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Interesting... I think @igazor might be able to help...

Seems to me like Story Progression adding a little fun. :smirk: Sounds like some good mysteries to solve in the meantime...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We're trying to sort this out on the OP's thread at NRaas. This doesn't like unpaid bills to me, the bit about cleanup and funerals is new information. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    thebriamon wrote: »
    I keep getting this pop up that goes something like, "the government has decided to seize some of your goods as a means to compensate for your alleged ill-doings", and then a repoman comes and takes like 2-3k worth of stuff. It's not tied to my bills I think. The last two times this happened (just a few days apart from each other), I had already paid bills and nothing had come due yet. I use most NRAAS mods, but this has only come up in the last few weeks, during which I got Showtime and ITF. Does anyone know where this comes from?

No one is a criminal - the two sims who have jobs are a writer and a magician. The other two are teens.
    Then I got another message - "The local authorities have seized a wad of Koffi bank funds, to the tune of 4221. The writ mentions the need to pay for cleanup and funerals for several unfortunate sims, whatever could that be about?"

Anyone have any idea what this is tied to?

Nraas Careers Assassination module.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    That would make sense. I do have that module, obviously, although I've had it in a while and have only just recently started getting these messages. No one in the active family is in that career, or has been in the entire save. I don't even think I have anyone in the neighborhood in it right now.
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @thebriamon Have you thought of using Master Controller to check if anyone does have the career?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited November 2019
    That would make sense. I do have that module, obviously, although I've had it in a while and have only just recently started getting these messages. No one in the active family is in that career, or has been in the entire save. I don't even think I have anyone in the neighborhood in it right now.
    @thebriamon Have you thought of using Master Controller to check if anyone does have the career?

It's not a career but a custom skill. Been awhile but I believe the Assassination skill was made to compliment the Nraas Mobster custom career but doesn't need the Mobster career for sims to learn and use the skill just like the Mobster career doesn't need the Assassination skill for sims to join and use the career.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    @ScottDemon What I ended up doing was, using MC, removing the assassination skill from all the sims in the household (a few had level 1 because they had witnessed a death and I had them take credit, without realizing the repercussions). Hopefully that'll take care of it. I think somehow the game was tying the deaths of townies around town to my sims. My neighborhood is aging and several sims have died from old age in the last sim week.

In a previous save I had a sim who was an active assassin, but I don't remember any of the money issues happening. He even got sent to jail a few times for doing some "work" in public. But no repoman. Anyway, thanks for your input. It was helpful.