Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused about organizations and university housing.

In the livestream they mentioned we could technically make our own sororities and fraternities using the university housing lot type. However, I didn't see an option to create your own organizations for each school. Am I missing something or would you have to use the preset organizations to make specialized housing for them?

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    there is, i think i saw an option to set up gender restrictions on a university housing.
    y'all got bread?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    according to simscommunity: "Similar to restaurants from the Dine Out game pack, University Housing has a configuration panel. Set which school the University Housing belongs to (UBrite or Foxbury). Set gender restrictions (if any). You can also restrict University Housing to specific university organizations. Organization restrictions only affect the roommates that spawn on the lot, not your active Sims. By default, none of the University Housing has any restrictions, but the options are there for you as the player to tell your own stories."
    y'all got bread?
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    according to simscommunity: "Similar to restaurants from the Dine Out game pack, University Housing has a configuration panel. Set which school the University Housing belongs to (UBrite or Foxbury). Set gender restrictions (if any). You can also restrict University Housing to specific university organizations. Organization restrictions only affect the roommates that spawn on the lot, not your active Sims. By default, none of the University Housing has any restrictions, but the options are there for you as the player to tell your own stories."

Yeah but can you make your own university organizations is my question. Because from the livestream it didn't look like you could.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It didn't seem like you could. Each university looked like it had a fixed set of mutually exclusive organizations
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I assumed it included clubs if you had to Get Together, but they didn’t fully explain so we’ll have to ask because that’s a concern of mine too...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited November 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It didn't seem like you could. Each university looked like it had a fixed set of mutually exclusive organizations

That's how I understood it too, but hopefully we can assign university-based restrictions to clubs in order to create our own "organisations" on top of the official ones.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

That's how I understood it too, but hopefully we can assign university-based restrictions to clubs in order to create our own "organisations" on top of the official ones.

I'm just hoping that if we can't, modders will find a way to. But I'd rather not have to rely on them for everything.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TBH I didn't understand the whole thing behind organisations....it felt like they were fixed clubs...?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    TBH I didn't understand the whole thing behind organisations....it felt like they were fixed clubs...?

That's basically what I got out of it as well. Plus we got a whole new tab in the ui just for only 6 orgs total, 3 for each uni. What if I want to make my own orgs?
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    It you have GT you can create your own sororities and fraternities. The organization's are not Greek related. In the settings for university housing you can specify gender restrictions, organizations, and if you have GT, "club" restrictions as per SGAzure (who is absolutely sweet and lovely) during the live stream on Friday. In essence, creating your own sororities and fraternities
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    It you have GT you can create your own sororities and fraternities. The organization's are not Greek related. In the settings for university housing you can specify gender restrictions, organizations, and if you have GT, "club" restrictions as per SGAzure (who is absolutely sweet and lovely) during the live stream on Friday. In essence, creating your own sororities and fraternities

You sure about that GT club restrictions one? I don't think I caught them saying that in the livestream and when I read the in-depth overview of the pack features from the livestream, it did not mention the clubs, just the orgs.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited November 2019

That's how I felt. And I just watched James Turner's Gameplay video where he had Get Together installed and it didn't look like there was an option to add more organizations even with that EP installed. So now I'm really worried. One of my favorite things from Sims 2 University was playing with Greek Organizations and having my sim move out of a dorm and into a Greek House for their second year or whatever. So it would kind of suck if I couldn't even have the option to make them in Sims 4.

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

That's how I felt. And I just watched James Turner's Gameplay video where he had Get Together installed and it didn't look like there was an option to add more organizations even with that EP installed. So now I'm really worried. One of my favorite things from Sims 2 University was playing with Greek Organizations and having my sim move out of a dorm and into a Greek House for their second year or whatever. So it would kind of suck if I couldn't even have the option to make them in Sims 4.

You are free to make a club that is a Greek organization . Perhaps you could just make all of your roomies be the club members and simulate one that way?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

The organizations are fixed, but you can still make a Greek House through Clubs. Question is just whether Clubs can be allocated to dorms, since no one did that yet.
    But you can still make a house, set it as University Housing and restrict it to a specific gender, so it'd kinda be like a sorority.
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    How does "affiliations" work for a dorm? I tried setting it to a club I had already established...but that did not work.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    How does "affiliations" work for a dorm? I tried setting it to a club I had already established...but that did not work.

What I've discovered is that whenever I affiliate a Get Together club to a dorm, no roommates will show up. I tried making a magic school by using a GT club that only had spellcasters. Then I tried the Paragons. Nothing. Only the official DU affiliations work.

I still have to test this without mods to be sure it's not mod related. Then I plan to report it as a bug. Do you use mods, too?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    simstr0ng wrote: »

What I've discovered is that whenever I affiliate a Get Together club to a dorm, no roommates will show up. I tried making a magic school by using a GT club that only had spellcasters. Then I tried the Paragons. Nothing. Only the official DU affiliations work.

I still have to test this without mods to be sure it's not mod related. Then I plan to report it as a bug. Do you use mods, too?

I hope this is a bug.
    I edited the whole group of first term roommates that moved into the dorm and I liked them a lot.
    I was disappointed when more than half of them moved out and new ones moved in. I am not sure of the reason why they moved out.
    I would like to relocate to another dorm and have it affiliated with a group of my favorite Uni roommates, even if they are finished with Uni.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @IceyJ - I don't use mods. I have not tried the DU affiliations - haven't see how to join. Also don't see how to designate the dorm an affiliation when occupied.