Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enrolling multiple sims?

The livestream showed how to enroll a sim in university, but how does it work if you want to enroll two or more from the same household and move them into a dorm together? The enrollment process looked like it was only for one sim, yet they were playing two sims in the dorm?

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    They should have told us so much more details on how things work, cause it could be a pretty complicated system. This was such a bad stream when it comes to this.

Also the answer on aging was just.. well.. ehh.. they age like normal. That was it.

Ok, people have only been talking about it for weeks and went insane on the chat asking for it, but ok.. *sarcasm*
  • Options
    RebkaRebka Posts: 24 Member
    I would also like to know how to do this.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    The livestream showed how to enroll a sim in university, but how does it work if you want to enroll two or more from the same household and move them into a dorm together? The enrollment process looked like it was only for one sim, yet they were playing two sims in the dorm?
    If they are both ready to go, it’s easy.
    Enroll sim 1, move them into their dorm, then go to Manage Worlds and select the household with the other student you want to enroll, and enroll them, adding them to the same dorm you had selected before.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wouldn't recommend starting off with too many classes if you have multiple sims!

I started off with 4 sims, all of whom I had been working with in CAS with aging off to build up skills. As I hadn't wanted to cheat the funds more than necessary to get the house I wanted for them, I had them all in full time jobs. I gave each sim one standard class, and 3 of the 4 had an elective, but what with all of that, their jobs and the fact that one was a vampire and another a mermaid, it all felt a bit too much for me on my first attempt! Well, I briefly tried one of the premades just to look around before that but he had 3 classes and I quickly gave up on that.

I decided to put my supernatural students on hold for a while and play a teen sim, who will work on her skills for the time being, and get a few scholarships under her belt, then when she's ready to go, I'll send her to uni alone and go from there.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I wouldn't recommend starting off with too many classes if you have multiple sims!

I started off with 4 sims, all of whom I had been working with in CAS with aging off to build up skills. As I hadn't wanted to cheat the funds more than necessary to get the house I wanted for them, I had them all in full time jobs. I gave each sim one standard class, and 3 of the 4 had an elective, but what with all of that, their jobs and the fact that one was a vampire and another a mermaid, it all felt a bit too much for me on my first attempt! Well, I briefly tried one of the premades just to look around before that but he had 3 classes and I quickly gave up on that.

I decided to put my supernatural students on hold for a while and play a teen sim, who will work on her skills for the time being, and get a few scholarships under her belt, then when she's ready to go, I'll send her to uni alone and go from there.

I am impressed with how much dedicated you were going to take on lmao. So far some of the YouTubers are starting with a full course load and even taking up jobs/extracurricular activities and are having trouble with 1 sim. I have 3 sims I want to enter at the same time, so I'm probably going to give them each 2 classes. I won't focus too much on getting straight A's, at least with every sims, until the later half of their college life.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    LOL, I totally agree about it being overwhelming if you try to do too much. I started with 1 sim who had 3 classes and it was kind of exhausting. I did let him have a little fun, too, but I was so worried he wouldn’t do well because he had trouble getting to class a few times. He ended up with an A+ so there’s no need for complete perfection... I think the final exam and any presentations and term papers are the most important. But yeah, my original plan of sending 4 sims at once and having them take 3 classes? Not gonna happen!! 😂 I think 2 sims with 2 classes each is what I will try next.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

I am impressed with how much dedicated you were going to take on lmao. So far some of the YouTubers are starting with a full course load and even taking up jobs/extracurricular activities and are having trouble with 1 sim. I have 3 sims I want to enter at the same time, so I'm probably going to give them each 2 classes. I won't focus too much on getting straight A's, at least with every sims, until the later half of their college life.

I gave up about halfway into their first term because it was a real pain to manage. If it hadn't been for the jobs it would have been easier, but they all had vacation time to use, but of course they go if you forget to make them take the day off.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    2 classes isn't too bad. 3 it starts to get difficult. Believe it or not, my sim who is married with a toddler has it best. She has 3 classes but I feel like it's easiest for her to get stuff done lol. The husband does everything and she focuses on work and school lol.
    It's almost impossible to have multiple people enrolled living separately. I have the Pleasants I'm playing and another sim and was going to try even more but then I went and saw Angela was on probation. I was hoping their grades would stay average. Like just B or even C. Just enough to not get thrown out. But nope. Basically if you want a Sim to get through uni you gotta stick with that sim.
    It would probably work best to have sims you want to go to move into a dorm/house together I guess.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I have 2 sims enrolled, originally was going to enroll 3-4 but omg. I don’t know if it’s cause I picked 4 major courses each or 2 sims instead of one, but I’m drowning myself with trying to get their work done. It doesn’t help I started on Wednesday so I’m trying to finish the course requirement first. I’m ashamed to admit I’m using make happy cheat because I cannot maintain their needs up.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Try triplets at full course load like me! Let's just say there's multiple days where they go to class smelly and one time possibly naked. This is what Sims 4 needed for an injection of fun challenge. Loving it.
  • Options
    Bekah_loveJCBekah_loveJC Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Rae357;d-968534"]The livestream showed how to enroll a sim in university, but how does it work if you want to enroll two or more from the same household and move them into a dorm together? The enrollment process looked like it was only for one sim, yet they were playing two sims in the dorm?[/quote]

All you have to do is enroll one sim. After that, choose a random destination (doesn’t have to be at the university) then travel with the sims you want to enroll.
    Once there, activate cheats with “testingcheats true” then shift click each sim you desire to enroll And click “university debug” there will be an option to enroll selected sim. Boom.

If you want to enroll a sim that is not in your family then simply travel with them, turn on testing cheats and shift click and “add them to family” prior to the university debug. You’ll be done in less than a minute!!
  • Options
    Bekah_loveJCBekah_loveJC Posts: 4 New Member
    All you have to do is enroll one sim. After that, choose a random destination (doesn’t have to be at the university) then travel with the sims you want to enroll.
    Once there, activate cheats with “testingcheats true” then shift click each sim you desire to enroll And click “university debug” there will be an option to enroll selected sim. Boom.

If you want to enroll a sim that is not in your family then simply travel with them, turn on testing cheats and shift click and “add them to family” prior to the university debug. You’ll be done in less than a minute!!
  • Options
    NatashaJaneNatashaJane Posts: 3 New Member
    You can use cheats as "university debug" or "add to household", etc... Otherwise without cheats, as some already said, you can simply enroll one then go to manage world to change from household and enroll the other sim, moving them in the same dorm, and keep going for as much sims you want to enroll at the same time.

I played a couple at UBrite I wanted for the story to meet at the uni and end up together. I first enrolled the guy, then I went back to play with the girl's household and I enrolled her too. I moved them in different dorms at first because I've set gender dorms. I switched from one another for a while (a quick way I used was going through cheats : using "modify in cas" once there when I went back my active household switched on the sim I just had in cas). Then when they became boyfriend/girlfriend I added the guy to the girl's household in order to them to live in the same dorm room.
  • Options
    CruzanReyCruzanRey Posts: 1 New Member
    So what about houses? Does all of what you all commented apply to houses as well, or only dorms?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    It also works if your students want to live in one of the student houses.