Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Keeps Crashing after total regeneration of folder

Exactly what the title says. My game keeps crashing and now my fuse (temper) is getting down to the last shred to the point of finally saying goodbye. I’m doing a game repair right now so I’ll see if it helps tomorrow. If not, I may uninstall the game for good. Sorry about this rant. I’m just that entirely frustrated and peeved off.
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Sorry to hear that.Have you tried asking the folk over in the technical forums? They are really helpful over there.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    The Sims3 needs a bit of work to run smoothly, like limiting the FPS etc. Took me a while to get the game stable, too.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Sorry you're having problems HillyBeth. I don't play with Origin but I thought the repair game function only checked the connection between the program and game, I could be wrong though. I hope you don't give up on the game. Sometimes it just needs a bit of coaxing to run properly.

You said that you have regenerated your folder. I assume you did this by moving your Sims 3 folder to the desktop (or somewhere else) and let the game create a new one. How and when does the game crash? Does it crash when you start a new game just after regenerating the new folder?