Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repo Man is back

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    As long as he just takes away the toilet like he used to in ts2, I'm fine with it.
    Also, isn't it time for Repo Woman? Or Repo Sim, if were going for gender neutral?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Lionflash wrote: »
    I don't understand how people could be against the repo man?

Pay your bills, or cheat and pay your bills. They shut off your power, then plumbing; you have plenty of warning at each step. Do most people just play without paying bills or utilities?

No, but if I don't pay my bills they don't steal my stuff, they turn off whatever bill I didn't pay.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Pay your bills, or cheat and pay your bills. They shut off your power, then plumbing; you have plenty of warning at each step. Do most people just play without paying bills or utilities?
    👀

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I would love the repo man!!! I hope this is true! I never pay bills because there's no consequences lol. 🤫
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Ugh, who asked for him back??

Lots of people. Lol. You can play forever with the utilities off and nothing particularly bad happens. I play off the grid in a couple houses on purpose. So people wanted to have that extra bit of gameplay.

I assume that once he takes what you owe, the utilities would come back on.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    There's risk and there's annoyance. If repo guy goes after auntie Tina's plate, I can easily buy a new one later and pretend this is auntie Tina's that my sim bought back. Same for some crystals, although replacing twenty or so downsized, painstakingly placed crystals isn't my idea of fun. Or paint by reference paintings of deceased sims - they'll be gone forever.

I definitely agree with this. I miss the repo man, but some things should not be taken. It seems like they could set it to only allow furniture and statues maybe...
    I could see them simply not thinking about it though, since that's been an ongoing issue with new things brought in.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I rather have firefighters or police back. Repo man was always so annoying. I bought the items in full, it's mine and you can't have it (the only way it works if we had to pay payments and missed one or renting something)! Be more realistic if you had to sell items at a pawn shop to make money.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2019
    Camkat wrote: »
    I would love to see the repo man return! :) I hope this is true, but! I'm not holding my breathe until it's confirmed.

It was confirmed by SimGuruMorgan. I posted her tweet.
    edited November 2019

No, but if I don't pay my bills they don't steal my stuff, they turn off whatever bill I didn't pay.

In real life if you don't pay for your house or car, they will take them. And it's not stealing. At least you can't lose your house in the game. Taking something like the toilet is about as close as they'll get to that, and it's funnier.

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

In real life if you don't pay for your house or car, they will take them. And it's not stealing. At least you can't lose your house in the game.

If the house and car are not paid up yet, that makes absolute sense. Our Sims do own their houses however, so there's no reason for taking the entire house or evicting you. Having utilities turned off in the current system makes sense.
    Creepy person coming into the house and taking personal belongings because a utilities bill wasn't paid? Not funny.

I do hope that if they bring this back, they'll at least make sure we can only get items taken away that are replaceable & not Sims' paintings (especially the ones that are paid from reference) or other stuff like that. & that if it also happens after unpaid bills, it will be *after* the utilities have been turned off.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited November 2019
    lisamwitt wrote: »

In real life if you don't pay for your house or car, they will take them. And it's not stealing. At least you can't lose your house in the game. Taking something like the toilet is about as close as they'll get to that, and it's funnier.

This is a game not real life so it doesn't work like that. In real life you can be evicted if you miss paying rent and you usually have to pay payments on cars. Even when the game had cars, you buy everything up front once and that's it, you own it. That is why Repo Men don't really work well in the game as they are stealing items that we own and paid for in full, not items they are collecting because we owe them money still and hadn't paid it off. They would have to allow sims to make payments and have us miss one for it to really work and not seem like theft (may as well just bring back burglars).
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    I liked the repo man, added just a teensy bit of realism. As someone else also mentioned, I kinda miss the burglars! It would be fun watching my sim get into a fight cuz typically mine don't fight anyone else.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm way too happy about this.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I'm glad to see the Repoman return.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember him ever taking unique, non-replaceable items. I doubt they would start in Sims 4, so your special paintings should be OK. I would imagine he'd take only things in buy mode, lamps, toilets, etc.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    In past games, I've never had personal items repossessed. I'm fairly sure that they're coded to only go after certain items.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm all for :D the repo man because I'm the whole mood and I feel a certain way.
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    If he is, he’s going to have to “catch these hands” with my hot tempered Sims lol side note: sounds fun
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yes! i wanted him back alongside burglars and firemen!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    But if it's just for student loans that would be disappointing.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Kind of like that. Something to worry about is good. The sims 4 needs that. The happy times are OVER!

Something to worry about and something to groan over are two entirely different things. I don't want the repo man back, I hated it in sims 2 and 3, ESPECIALLY sims 3. I'd always forget to pay my bill and it'd come take my stuff. In sims 3 you can customize everything down to the smallest detail, so it was a pain having to remember how I designed it.

If there was an option to pay my bill while the repo man was on lot then sure, but I hated it.

Maybe if we could enroll in auto bill pays too, which is something a lot of people do in 2019 that wasn't common back in the day.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would love the repo man!!! I hope this is true! I never pay bills because there's no consequences lol. 🤫

Your electric and water get turned off if you don't pay bills so there are consequences.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    But if it's just for student loans that would be disappointing.

This! I so hope it will be for bills too!!!
    If it is, please dear repodude, take the most valuable thing my sim has! Maybe then I really remember to PAY the bills, what I hardly do currently. (for real, losing the power.. ugh.. still many things work without that power. My sims always forget to pay the bills because "losing the power" is not so big deal.)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My sim didn’t pay rent for a week in the apartment in SM and it was hilarious seeing the landlord come every day and wait for my sim to come out to speak with them. I’d have to dodge them to avoid speaking with them. I was able to survive by using candle lights and going to other lots to get food. My sim had the money but I just didn’t want to pay to see if I got evicted, but it would’ve been hilarious if the repo came to take my sims tv
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Bring on the random happenstance and some negative consequences! Yaaaaaaassssssss!!!!
    My sim didn’t pay rent for a week in the apartment in SM and it was hilarious seeing the landlord come every day and wait for my sim to come out to speak with them. I’d have to dodge them to avoid speaking with them. I was able to survive by using candle lights and going to other lots to get food. My sim had the money but I just didn’t want to pay to see if I got evicted, but it would’ve been hilarious if the repo came to take my sims tv

🤣🤣🤣 why does that sound fun