Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fireplace being used to exit and enter area

I put a fireplace in my lot at sapphire shores and vendors are using it to enter and leave the area. They're just walking into my house uninvited and vanishing in front of it or appearing inside the house in front of it. Not sure if locking the house would help but even if it did I would be trapping random people in my house.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is a well known bug from Island Living. Delete the fireplace, make sure there are no random Islanders hanging around inside, then lock the door for everyone except household members. I have noticed several different spawn areas in Sulani while my Sims are walking their dogs, and some of those don't make much sense as to where they are located. There just seems to be more than what we usually see in the worlds. I'm not sure if this is because Sulani is made up of several islands, but it's a bit strange when a Sim randomly pops up then disappears after a few seconds. Then there are times when one or two Sims will spawn during the beginning of taking a dog for a walk then follow my Sims the entire time. Almost as if they are stalking my Sims. But the fireplaces do act as a spawning point for vendors so having one is basically useless until someone at EA fixes it.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    A couple questions. Did you build the house or did you download off the gallery? Was MOO involved? Any CC or mods?

Also, that lot has some floor related glitches. Is there a glass floor or is part of the house built on stilts over the water? Maybe these reported glitches might look familiar.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I've had family members use fireplaces to leave the lot when I've moved them out and Father Christmas uses it but that was to be expected but this is the first time sims from outside the lot have used it. I have deleted it now now though, I just hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    A couple questions. Did you build the house or did you download off the gallery? Was MOO involved? Any CC or mods?

Also, that lot has some floor related glitches. Is there a glass floor or is part of the house built on stilts over the water? Maybe these reported glitches might look familiar.

I built it myself with no moo, it is fully on stilts but I don't have any glass flooring. I'll have a look at that, thanks.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    That’s so weird. I’m waiting for them to fix the bugs in IL before I buy it. Looks like I’ll be waiting for awhile.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Wow a magical fireplace lol. That never happened in my game.