Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unknown Pet Pregnancy

_Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
So the other day I got an unexpected pop-up that my sim's cat has given birth to a kitten and I had to name it. The thing is I didn't even know that she was pregnant because none of my sims encouraged her to mate with another cat and I hadn't noticed anything.
I was happy about the kitten but now I'm wondering if that's a normal game feature that I just didn't know about or the result of a mod.? I hope it's in the game because this is realistic actually. My pet is a familiar so sometimes I send her away to bring me things. And the father is a stray that my sim once met.
Has anyone had any random pregnancies in their game with household pets or something like this?
Post edited by _Sandra_ on

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes I've had surprise pregnancies with both cats and dogs. Usually after they've done the run away thing. It's quite noticeable when kitty is in the mood for love as they realistically yell the house down :)
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Yes I've had surprise pregnancies with both cats and dogs. Usually after they've done the run away thing. It's quite noticeable when kitty is in the mood for love as they realistically yell the house down :)

Ooohh so that's what that was.. :D Well thanks for letting me know, I thought this behavior was caused by a trait or something like that.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Cats with the free spirit trait will go off (like when pets run away but you don't get a notification that they ran away) and there is a chance that females will get pregnant. You don't know until they have the kittens later.