Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ridiculous routing issues

Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
So I built a house in Glimmerbrook, and I have the most ridiculous routing issues.

EYVl75s.png

When my Sims need to get to the door, they walk ALL THE WAY around the dining table, through a much narrower space than if they'd use the red dotted line.
And when that path is blocked by another sim, they claim it's the chair, circled red, that is responsible for them not being able to get to the door.
Furthermore, when I want to make them sit in the yellow armchair in the top left corner, they claim they can't get there because of the dining table. Which is like 4 tiles away.

And even worse is the bedroom:
wdFFLus.png

They absolutely cannot get to the left side of the bed. I removed the wardrobe and it worked fine, but with the wardrobe there (and it's not the MOO placed objects on it either), they absolutely cannot get anywhere. There is like SO much space there. I've had builds with very little space and they got everywhere just fine.

Is this a kind of bug in the game since a recent update (I haven't played for a while), or is something wrong with my build? Any ideas?

Edit: The build itself is CC free, too.

Comments

• Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Partially solved. In the bedroom it was the chandelier that was in the way. Downstairs, I rotated the dining table a little and it now works. They still can't sit in the armchair because they claim the table is in the way. But whatever.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    How can a chandelier, which hangs from the cieling, interfere with walking on the floor? Or still refusing to use that chair? I like building, so prefer to avoid traps in advance. Never have issues like that in TS2.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I had the same problem with my dorms I uploaded to the gallery, but the rooms are so huge and empty, there isn't an issue getting from Point A to Point B. It's that big ugly chandelier from Get Famous that's supposed to be a prop on a pirate ship, I think. Just don't use it. It looks like an oil drum with those giant memorial candles in a circle.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I had an empty shelf above my sink after remodeling the house and adding it cause I thought it looked awesome. Then I noticed my Sims kept washing dishes in the bathroom sink. I removed it and bam they can use the kitchen sink no problem. My question though is why?
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    How can a chandelier, which hangs from the cieling, interfere with walking on the floor? Or still refusing to use that chair? I like building, so prefer to avoid traps in advance. Never have issues like that in TS2.

The chandelier may be hanging too low.