Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please put the full sims 1 collection on Origin.

We have sims 2, 3 and 4 there. Why not Sims 1?

It belongs there, it was the start of the journey and I'd still like to play it again but I lost half the discs. Also it's a pain to manually install all discs and having to look up patches which may not be officially around anymore.

Or do they fear it just shows all the cool stuff they used to do with that game yet never did again? I like how sims 1 was more challenging, had some wild ideas, better magic and more negative consequences in general. It could also be pretty creepy at times and had some more mature themes that I seriously miss in later games.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Right.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Sims 1 complete was brilliant.
    I miss that game so much but can't get it to work on Windows 10. I'd totally pay for it again if it was available on Origin.

Everything about Sims 1 was fun. Vacations, magic, dating, pets, parties the lot!

Magic town oh how much I miss that place :'( It was fun trying to get the rare ingredients for spells by doing stuff for the venders.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Yes! Seconding that!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I want to see Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin,too!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I'm hoping they do this for the 20th anniversary. The Sims 1 is still my favorite in the series despite not having as many features, it just had a kind of charm they were never able to replicate.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes! I'd buy this! I'd love to play TS1 again.

While they're at it, they could bring back TS2 also. Please! I missed out on that while it was Origin but I totally would've gotten it while it was available. I have most of the expansions here, but it's such a pain to get working on Win10 that I haven't bothered. I would actually pay to just download it compatible and not have the hassle.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it's because if they put it out there, they would need to have tech support for it. And a game that old is bound to have trouble running on modern systems. I've seen a lot of people on the internet having problems. Even I had some issues getting it to run on my laptop, plus it tends to crash occasionally.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    YES! Please EA!
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    I struggle to get Sims 2 to play ball on my computer, I imagine it would be worse with Sims 1. But it would be nice to have the option and have it in my library so they can all be together.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think it's because if they put it out there, they would need to have tech support for it. And a game that old is bound to have trouble running on modern systems. I've seen a lot of people on the internet having problems. Even I had some issues getting it to run on my laptop, plus it tends to crash occasionally.

They wouldn't need much support really, no more for any other game they are currently selling and TS4 crashes for people anyways so no difference there! All sims games have crashes, it's why we've learned to save every 20 minutes or so... ;) They would need to take time to make it Win10 compatible but I'm sure sales would make up for that cost. At the very least maybe they could put it on GOG.
    Camkat wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

They wouldn't need much support really, no more for any other game they are currently selling and TS4 crashes for people anyways so no difference there! All sims games have crashes, it's why we've learned to save every 20 minutes or so... ;) They would need to take time to make it Win10 compatible but I'm sure sales would make up for that cost. At the very least maybe they could put it on GOG.

I'd say TS4 crashes the least for me. TS1 and TS2 sometimes just exit abruptly for no apparent reason. :grimace:

I suppose they can just put it out there with a disclaimer that they can't guarantee anything. That way everyone sort of wins :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Well if they won't do it, they could at least allow GOG to do it, it's their speciality to get old games to work on modern systems. A GOG release would be fine too, I just want some kind of digital release that includes everything.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Well if they won't do it, they could at least allow GOG to do it, it's their speciality to get old games to work on modern systems. A GOG release would be fine too, I just want some kind of digital release that includes everything.

I don't know who/what GOG is but if they can do it, let them do it. I've want S1 for over a decade. It won't run on my computer. S1 was back when sims were FUN to play.
    @Dannydanbo GOG = Good old games. I'm not sure what other kinds of games you're into (if any) but they have a bunch of classic games, you should check them out. Reasonably priced too. I've gotten a few classics I've loved before back because of them. :) They all run well and look great too! (As great as they can with the graphics as was the times ;) ) I would actually maybe prefer if they let GOG do it instead of themselves thinking on it more. I've never had any issues with crashes or graphics with GOG.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo GOG = Good old games. I'm not sure what other kinds of games you're into (if any) but they have a bunch of classic games, you should check them out. Reasonably priced too. I've gotten a few classics I've loved before back because of them. :) They all run well and look great too! (As great as they can with the graphics as was the times ;) ) I would actually maybe prefer if they let GOG do it instead of themselves thinking on it more. I've never had any issues with crashes or graphics with GOG.

Thank you. Is this an on-line store or do get actually, physical copies?
    As someone who does have a working copy of The Sims Complete Collection installed on his laptop, I'd say TS1 is more of a novelty these days. Playing some of the EPs is still pretty fun, but it's pretty much impossible to play without cheats because of the crazy fast relationship and motive decay. Good luck maintaining enough celebrity friends to rise as a star AND still have well-tended needs and hobbies

TS2 is still pretty manageable, on the other hand. And the best for rotational play :D

@Dannydanbo Just online I believe, but I could be mistaken. I've never ordered physical copies for ages from anywhere so honestly I haven't looked.

• rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Good Old Games is pretty great yes, just a shame they started doing new games too and don't give an option to filter it to showing only the old games being made newly available.

The new ones I tend to have on steam save for the sims 4.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    yeah I wish they would have ts1 and 2 complete collections available on origin I also missed ts2 when they added it :c want to play so bad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free