Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff I don't see coming to Sims 4.

Sims 4 has a rocky start.Since it launch in 2014.Since the game was originally for online.(Look up twisted Mexican arrival about it at DimsVip) With a rumour them making a new sims game.There is some stuff I see never coming.
Cars This is toss up maybe in a world, but either than that I see no cars being patch in.There is no point.In Sims 2 you use

Babise being free.
Sadly I don't see a patch for this.The game is in it's with yearIf they are making a new game.Than what's the point?

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    While it is one of my favorite things about TS3; It's both hard to implement, and useless in TS4 with the build, mechanics, and engine. Given Sims teleport from neighborhood to neighborhood, to work, and with constant loading screens, I just can't see it working.

Also, large open worlds where loading screens are rare. It's one of my biggest pet peeves of TS4; but then again, it's also the reason TS3 runs so poorly on most machines.

All I can say is that I hope TS5 does not become an online-always game. Those become absolutely useless after support ends. I have 15-18 year old PC games I had as a kid that still work. Yet, when I bought a secondhand PlayStation 2, and was buying used games, I learned some were made as online only, and since servers were shut down ages ago, no longer work (coincidentally, both were EA titles, both NBA and MLB; 2K5 and 6 I think). I feel they should utilize what I feel was good about TS4 (better graphics, ability to travel between worlds easier to use CAS and build mode; better UI) and TS3 (open worlds, cars, better personalities of Sims, actual towns in worlds, etc.).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't really see them ever unleashsing babies from cribs. That would mean they had to actually create a Sim. The baby isn't a Sim, it's an object you can put in the inventory. If it were a Sim you wouldn't be able to put it in inventory. It is not tied to a crib, it is the object. Don't see that happening.

Cars, maybe but maybe only in one world. Not sure if Sims can ride bikes in all worlds after they install the new DU pack. Or if Sims can ride those bikes cutting across country like in WB, from house to house, and or have to use the FX roads in the game. After we find out, maybe cars will seem like more of a thing they can do, but I doubt it, outside of only one world.

I just don't see firemen being a thing they spend time on doing. Expense and time probably is more than the ideas they want to do. I would guess their ideas get into the game faster than that one request. They might do another pack like TS3 did and it will be a GP sold at EP price for that career, I don't see them patching in any firemen NPCs.

That's two things right there I doubt we see in the next five years. We have a better chance of believing TS5's game won't be cloud saves or server world. (And the chances of that are like zero to ten billion).

ETA: I never had a crash on TS3 because of open world. Not once. Nor did it ever run poorly, did it take time to load CAS assets for the first time, yes. But I also understood to turn down how far I could see in an open world. The game was rendering everything not just what was in front of the camera. But 360 degrees. And that was on AMD processers 2.5GHZ and old X1300 AMD card. My problem was never a freeze nor crash but moodlets and buff systems. I didn't like the UI. Nor did I want to see moodlets 24/7. Nor did I want to play linear packs such as WA or Ambitions. (Though some of both can be used as sandbox gameplay). But then again, looking back on those packs they were not half as linear nor restrictive as SV.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    There was a Twitter post that says that bikes can be used in any world. Whether they can go off-road is another story. So far, every feature in TS4 has had some kind of limitation. It remains to be seen what the limitation is with bikes. Still, if cars aren't possible, I would love it if there were motorcycles and scooters.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't really see them ever unleashsing babies from cribs. That would mean they had to actually create a Sim. The baby isn't a Sim, it's an object you can put in the inventory. If it were a Sim you wouldn't be able to put it in inventory. It is not tied to a crib, it is the object. Don't see that happening.

Cars, maybe but maybe only in one world. Not sure if Sims can ride bikes in all worlds after they install the new DU pack. Or if Sims can ride those bikes cutting across country like in WB, from house to house, and or have to use the FX roads in the game. After we find out, maybe cars will seem like more of a thing they can do, but I doubt it, outside of only one world.

I just don't see firemen being a thing they spend time on doing. Expense and time probably is more than the ideas they want to do. I would guess their ideas get into the game faster than that one request. They might do another pack like TS3 did and it will be a GP sold at EP price for that career, I don't see them patching in any firemen NPCs.

That's two things right there I doubt we see in the next five years. We have a better chance of believing TS5's game won't be cloud saves or server world. (And the chances of that are like zero to ten billion).

ETA: I never had a crash on TS3 because of open world. Not once. Nor did it ever run poorly, did it take time to load CAS assets for the first time, yes. But I also understood to turn down how far I could see in an open world. The game was rendering everything not just what was in front of the camera. But 360 degrees. And that was on AMD processers 2.5GHZ and old X1300 AMD card. My problem was never a freeze nor crash but moodlets and buff systems. I didn't like the UI. Nor did I want to see moodlets 24/7. Nor did I want to play linear packs such as WA or Ambitions. (Though some of both can be used as sandbox gameplay). But then again, looking back on those packs they were not half as linear nor restrictive as SV.

I never crashed on my systems as well but experienced some bugs that was looked over by EA/Maxis such as the AMB patch, WA-Lag in China and routing problems in IP which again was caused on the part of EA/Maxis. Instead of tweaking or expanding on what Sims 3 had this is what we got in 2014 and hereafter and sorry Sims 4 is no mind blower for me. I rather let my systems tell me what it can do than EA/Maxis as they are starving for an challenge in Sims 4. :):D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    ocean swimming, been trying to say this a few times now but whuteva.

i aint expecting this feature to be implemented to upcoming or existing worlds cos ocean swimming wus literally like a selling key feature of island living like y'all what am talking about.

them gurus have probably taken a long time figuring this thing out to implement on the game's limited engine and low budget. like and we could clearly see the difference between them oceans from previous worlds being FX and sulani which has like the ocean hard-coded to it if you know what am saying.

now, they said this ocean swimming can be implemented to upcoming worlds but i don't think that they will.

so i don't mind then not putting this feature now cos im done with this island living vibin since like forever.
    y'all got bread?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I never crashed on my systems as well but experienced some bugs that was looked over by EA/Maxis such as the AMB patch, WA-Lag in China and routing problems in IP which again was caused on the part of EA/Maxis. Instead of tweaking or expanding on what Sims 3 had this is what we got in 2014 and hereafter and sorry Sims 4 is no mind blower for me. I rather let my systems tell me what it can do than EA/Maxis as they are starving for an challenge in Sims 4. :):D
    WA-lag in China (I presume you mean the freezing mainly during nights, that makes China unplayable after a couple of visits) is not related to open world, but to routing errors on two particular lots. Fix those two lots (which takes about two minutes) and there is no more freezing. IP is more complicated because the routing errors aren’t restricted to lots. You even need CAW to fix it all. That’s EA messing up that particular world though (they also messed up Bridgeport), not open world as such being a bad idea for this game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

WA-lag in China (I presume you mean the freezing mainly during nights, that makes China unplayable after a couple of visits) is not related to open world, but to routing errors on two particular lots. Fix those two lots (which takes about two minutes) and there is no more freezing. IP is more complicated because the routing errors aren’t restricted to lots. You even need CAW to fix it all. That’s EA messing up that particular world though (they also messed up Bridgeport), not open world as such being a bad idea for this game.

Out of curiosity what are the two lots that need to be fixed in China to fix lag. I don't travel there much with my sims because of it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Out of curiosity what are the two lots that need to be fixed in China to fix lag. I don't travel there much with my sims because of it.
    I’ll PM you (we’re not supposed to discuss Sims 3 here if it’s derailing).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Oh no, I was not having an problem with open world in China just it was lagging at times. Yes that is the thing the problems I was having was on EA/Maxis end and not mine. I never got lag or any problems in any other worlds in WA.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    - Attraction System
    - Story Progression
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm starting to agree that TS4 will never get those things. Valentine's Day comes and goes and nothing. University came and nothing. Dine Out, nothing. Every opportunity to add one of those romance systems gets bypassed.

If I'm not mistaken, TS4 is the only game since T2 and TS3 that didn't also get an update for weddings. No additional CAS assets, build items, activities such as champagne for toasts or tossing confetti as the bride and groom leave for the honeymoon. I would have also loved an assortment of wedding/engagement rings that could be shown off. Even something like the lane markets for the pool would have been nice to mark the aisle for the bride to make an entrance with the escort of her choice. But nada.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Oh boy yeah I could see that list being even longer. Things I think will never be in the Sims 4 and were in previous games. I don't expect all these to return, just things I don't see happening. Some are new ideas too and list might change with time.

1) Freed Babies
    2) Open World/CAW
    3) Color Wheel/CAST
    4) Cars
    5) Pretty eyelashes with eyelash slider
    6) NPC Burglars
    7) NPC Police
    8) NPC Firefighters
    9) Paper girl
    10) Newspaper
    11) NPC social worker Sim
    12) Mime NPC
    13) Raccoon, skunk, and opossum wildlife
    14) Birds as Pets
    15) Invisible Friend
    16) Gardening Gnomes
    17) FlaminGoGo Dancers
    18) Cage Dancer
    19) Sax Player
    20) Organ Grinder
    21) Snake Charmer
    22) Giants
    23) Exterminators
    24) Animal Control Officers
    25) Carpool drivers
    26) Chinese food deliverers
    27) Bellhops
    28) Break dancers
    29) Mrs. Crumplebottom
    30) Mr. Big & The Diva
    31) Wolves/Pack Leaders
    32) Penguins
    33) Hula Zombies
    34) Therapist
    35) Witch Doctor
    36) Rod Humble
    37) Ideal Plantsim
    38) Genie Midlock
    39) Remote control car
    40) Time Traveler
    41) Tattoo Artist
    42) Proprietor
    43) Mummy
    44) Taxi driver
    45) School bus driver
    46) Modification to world ex. adding lot sizes
    47) 3D neighborhood view
    48) Animated hair
    49) Aspiration failures
    50) Babysitter NPCs
    51) Cemeteries
    52) Cutscenes
    53) Cleaning Skill
    54) Woohoo Skill
    55) Clothes shopping
    56) Customization of multi-color hair
    57) Makeup opacity slider
    58) Dinner proposals
    59) Dreams
    60) Favorites
    61) Want/Fear system
    62) Functional garage doors
    63) Grocery stores
    64) Body hair
    65) Body freckles
    66) Private school
    67) Military school
    68) Skin opacity sliders
    69) Zodiac signs
    70) Changing tables
    71) Cribs
    72) Pool tables
    73) Trash compactors
    74) More than 3 trait slots
    75) Interests
    76) Magazines
    77) Pinball machines
    78) Extended family trees with proper relationship ties
    79) Hockey
    89) American Football
    90) Volleyball
    91) Tennis
    92) Skateboarding
    93) Snowboarding
    94) Sledding
    95) Surfing
    96) Horses
    97) Unicorns
    98) Other band instruments/concerts
    99) Circus
    100) Nectar Making
    101) Motorcross
    102) Parkour
    103) Active daycare
    104) Active school system
    105) Balanced emotion system
    106) Alarm clocks
    107) Zombies life state
    108) Fairies life state
    109) Satyr life state
    110) Werewolf life state
    111) Imaginary friend life state
    112) Crocheting
    113) Cruise Ship
    114) Zoo lot
    115) Aquarium lot
    116) Roller coasters
    117) Plane/helicopter transportation
    118) Scooters/motorcycle transportation
    119) Subway transportation
    120) Streetcar transportation
    121) Buses transportation
    122) Train transportation
    123) Dog sleds
    124) Hot air balloons
    125) Gondola
    126) Camels
    127) Catamaran
    128) Airboat
    129) Houseboat
    130) RV to live in
    131) Zipline
    132) Mule
    133) Horse-drawn carriage
    134) Reindeer sled
    135) Snowmobile
    136) Segway
    137) Submarine
    138) Dune buggy
    139) Paddle-Steamer transportation
    140) Snow bus
    141) Ascensor
    142) Escalator
    143) Moto taxi
    144) Land line phone
    145) Food processor
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    You may want to add slow dance to the list too since it was asked for from day 1 but sadly haven‘t been (re)added yet.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “