Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAY LOVE ISLAND - SEASON 1 (SIMS 3) - EPISODE ONE!

Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
Welcome to heaven on earth…welcome to Gay Love Island!

Ten Islanders arrive at the villa for an experience they are sure not to forget! The mission they have accepted is to find love, their one true love, if they can in the villa. Our Islanders come from diverse backgrounds and have unique personalities, but all have a few things in common: they’re dudes, they’re looking for love, and each and every one of them is gay! In this spin-off from the reality series Love Island (which I state no claim to, this is purely for fun), our hopeful Islanders are searching for the lovely male that will make them happy beyond the villa and out of the eyes of the cameras, but who can say if their intentions are the purest? *

*they do have to be gay though, please, and don’t go over my head by not mentioning their ill intentions in the application. I also probably won’t accept any blatant storylines pertaining to your contestant only going on the show to expose it – I just ask for people genuinely interested in pursuing relationships, but whether they are looking for a future or just a fling, is up to you. Same goes for if they’re willing to lie to keep a relationship going to get to the end, or if they will play the field just in case, or if they’ll just accept defeat if it comes for them.

HOW GAY LOVE ISLAND (GLI) WORKS

Ten Islanders enter on Day One (1), but these ten are not the only ones to enter over the course of the season. Throughout the season, Intruders will enter to disrupt the flow of the villa – new potential love interests to the original group, and to further Intruders, as the season trails on. Intruders will have to get to know the other Islanders and make lasting impacts or else they may end up getting dumped when the time comes. More on that shortly.
As the season meanders, the Islanders will get opportunities to go on dates, face off in challenges, and spend one-on-one nightly getaways in the Hideaway. Dates will send couples off to a location away from the villa, where they can get to know each other better and have some privacy from the other Islanders. Challenges will be an opportunity for the group to better get to know each other and may lead to dates or a night in the Hideaway, depending on the result of the challenge. And everyone wants that chance to spend a night alone with the gay you’re interested in the most.

The Coupling and the Dumping:

Sounds like a cheesy romance flick, because it almost is! At the Coupling/Dumping ceremony, the Islanders will get the opportunity to choose who among them they wish to spend more time with, thus keeping them and their partner in the game. The Islander left alone by the end of the ceremony, without a partner, will be sent packing from the villa, and their game is over.
The coupling ceremony will work a little differently to make things fairer: everyone will submit a ranking, with who they want to couple up with the most ranked at number one, and who they would rather not be coupled up with at the lowest position, whatever that number may be at the time. If two Islanders rank each other highest, they are coupled up – if your highest ranked Islander couples up with someone else, however, we move down the list, and hopefully you don’t end up without a partner!

E.g. We have Islander A, B, C, D, and E.
Islanders A & E rank each other at number 1, so they couple up
Islander B ranks D highest, but D ranks C highest.
While C ranked E highest, their second pick was D, and therefore D & C couple up, with D ranking B fourth.
B is therefore left single and is dumped from the villa.

The structure of the original show places the contestants in an order, with typically the guys choosing the girls, or vice versa, and without an easy split or having to randomize, this seems like the better move to make the coupling ceremony fairer.
However! The very first coupling ceremony is very different, based solely on first impressions. When the randomized five enter the house, they will be greeted by another five awaiting to be picked by the pool. We’re sticking to traditional, very blunt rules for this first coupling, to create tension and drama and such. Because potentially your match stands beside you at the pool or enters after you do, who can say? The order of the guys entering the house will be randomized, and they will only be able to choose from the five lined up by the pool. Your order, and whether you have the option to choose, will be sent to you once applications have closed and been finalized.
But don’t always come to expect the routine…who knows if there are twists in store.

DIARY ROOM ENTRIES
An essential for any reality show, one-on-one interviews in the so-called Diary Room give the audience an inside peek into the thoughts of the Islanders! Throughout the season, feel free to submit your thoughts, ideas, crushes and anything else you think your Islander may come up with in the diary room, and have an impact on how the episode comes together! Who knows, your DRE may just spark a storyline that changes the game entirely...

Now, onto…

The Application
(to be sent via PM or email)

Hey there, and you are? [I would prefer if you submitted two different sims, therefore two applications, so I can be sure we have interesting and different sims in the house at day one, and I have options for Intruders as the season progresses. There’s no set deadline for these applications at the moment, so feel free to take your time, as it’s not as short as other applications, for very specific reasons. Aka, I want to be able to write your characters well, and perhaps I can use this information for another surprise…]

Name:
Hometown (I think we’ll roll with Sims 3 worlds):
Introduction (to the cameras, for your intro ‘video’):
Background:
What made you apply for Gay Love Island?
Any other information:
Link to your sim/s:

Specific Questions

Introvert or Extrovert?
Indoors or Outdoors?
Morning or Night?
Dinner or Dessert?
Romantic or Spicy?
Active or Laidback?
Troublesome or Angelic?
Appearance or Personality?

Getting-to-Know-You-Better Questions

Are you the first one to make the move or do you wait to be swept up off your feet?

Are you a jealous person?
How would you react if your partner in the villa was chatting up another guy?

What’s your idea of the perfect date?

What do you search for in a partner?
What are three of your physical turn ons?
What turns you off?

Would you not hesitate for a second to steal someone’s partner away from them in the villa?
Or are you more eager to choose someone free and available at the first match up?

Tell us three hidden facts about yourself that you wouldn’t immediately reveal to your fellow Gay Love Island Islanders, and I promise I won’t spill these secrets too early on.

[Just remember: two sims! If you need someone to help create the sims with you because you don’t have Sims 3 installed or your game isn’t working, let myself or Vul (M13Vulpecula) know and we will help!]
I have Ambitions, Fast Lane, Generations, Island Paradise, Late Night, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, Town Life and University Life, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides, Midnight Hollow, and Roaring Heights installed, plus some other Store content, let me know if there’s a piece you want to use, and I’ll see if I have it. I’d prefer limited amount of CC but be sure to provide links to any pieces you use, and for consistency I’ll be using the same CC skin for all contestants so early apologies if they end up looking a lil’ different from how you send them.
[Best to avoid any children of sims around our hosts’ ages, and best to avoid occults, I’m afraid.]
If you want to run any ideas for your sims by me because you're unsure, shoot me a PM!

And if there are any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask them. This tiger doesn't bite, or at least I shall try not to, I'll do my best :)
Post edited by Tigerblu11 on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Episodes

Episode 0: Villa Tour
    Episode 1: I Would Like to Couple Up With...
    Episode 2:
  • Options
    edited January 2020

1. Albon Blankett by Vul
    2. Derek Benson by Yannik
    3. Ricky Valentino by Kitty
    4. Quinton Bower by Alleen
    5. Mateo Reyes by Ryenn
    6. Ulrich Larsson by Ninja
    7. Fredrick Von Belyea by Ninja
    8. Michael Lee by Haylo

and many Intruders to come! >:)
  • Options
    And one more for good luck!
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Reserve me plies?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Reserve me plies?

Wait, just noticed that I was reserved already XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Question - what can we expect from the Challenges?

Question - Imagine the following situation:

A's ranking top is = B, C, D
    B's ranking top is = C, D, A
    C's ranking top is = D, A, B (ew, gross)
    D's ranking top is = A, B, C

All other contestants don't have A, B, C and D in their top 4 at all.

How will this be solved?
    Banner.png
  • Options

How will this be solved?

The challenges will typically be small tasks here and there, not flash games or anything, but just usually filling in information, such as guessing those deep dark secrets ;)

Thank you for finding a tricky situation with the coupling up, however! I think in that situation is makes sense to pair up A & C, and B & D, despite no one having each other in first. Both A & C have each other at second; and B & D have each other at second. In that sense, it works. If, however, it does end up in a situation where the coupling cannot be completed correctly, I’ll have to reorganise things.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Reserve me, I'm going to install sims 3 now.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Can I have a spot? ;) Please?
  • Options
    I just read about cc, I wasn't going to use any but wondered if there is a certain skin you use so I create my characters with that? :)
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I just read about cc, I wasn't going to use any but wondered if there is a certain skin you use so I create my characters with that? :)

There’s no reason you need to use any, don’t worry, and as I mentioned I’ll be changing the skin over once I have them in game - but I believe the skin set I use is called Feathers and Pearls, I will double check soon for you though :)

And you are both reserved :)
  • Options
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »

There’s no reason you need to use any, don’t worry, and as I mentioned I’ll be changing the skin over once I have them in game - but I believe the skin set I use is called Feathers and Pearls, I will double check soon for you though :)

That's OK, I'd want to use it and using the one you have would be easier. So I can make my sims with that skin and know how they look. :D OK, thank you!
  • Options
    Maybe some of the former R&JAYTO crew is interested to play. :)

@Idontrcall @KleineMuff @lovesstorms @EmzyDalsvida @ninjakid150 @HayloHusky @twiddle3
    Banner.png
  • Options

That's OK, I'd want to use it and using the one you have would be easier. So I can make my sims with that skin and know how they look. :D OK, thank you!

Wait a sec, you're Kitty! XD
    I thought you were Iceman lol.

I keep confusing your avatars since you both have Oliver in them, lol.
    Banner.png
  • Options

How will this be solved?

The challenges will typically be small tasks here and there, not flash games or anything, but just usually filling in information, such as guessing those deep dark secrets ;)

Thank you for finding a tricky situation with the coupling up, however! I think in that situation is makes sense to pair up A & C, and B & D, despite no one having each other in first. Both A & C have each other at second; and B & D have each other at second. In that sense, it works. If, however, it does end up in a situation where the coupling cannot be completed correctly, I’ll have to reorganise things.

I can recall a Similar situation on the AYTO Challenge on Jetset - In the end I had to make a couple with little compatibility. (Jerry/Apollo)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Wait a sec, you're Kitty! XD
    I thought you were Iceman lol.

I keep confusing your avatars since you both have Oliver in them, lol.

But what if I am Iceman. 🤔
  • Options
    What if Kitty really is an iceman? And Ice is a kitty? We've been fooled all along ;)
  • Options
    What if Kitty really is an iceman? And Ice is a kitty? We've been fooled all along ;)

What if YOU'RE Kitty all along?

Marsha was right - "No do Taaigur when yo're Pewseecaht!"
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Ah you busted me, but my real name is Leopard ;)
  • Options
    Okay! Staying on topic! Any more reservations? We've got those six spots to fill!
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member

@Idontrcall @KleineMuff @lovesstorms @EmzyDalsvida @ninjakid150 @HayloHusky @twiddle3

Thanks for the mention! This looks great, but I am faaarrrr too busy these days to take part. I hope you get this filled up. iT's a good idea and seems like a bunch of fun. Also hello all, hello. Has been a while since I've properly browsed the forums :D:D
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member

Thanks for the mention! This looks great, but I am faaarrrr too busy these days to take part. I hope you get this filled up. iT's a good idea and seems like a bunch of fun. Also hello all, hello. Has been a while since I've properly browsed the forums :D:D

Yeah same here. Don't really have time to commit to anything.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll pass for now. Been busy with school and all
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    I’ll reserve a spot but I can’t make sims atm
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif