Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion do you want to see most after the release of Discover University?

Comments

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    I urgently want a romance pack with sexy clothes (for men), body hair, attraction system, new dating minigames. Something more adult.

A speed dating add on would be interesting. Or online dating would be cool with more personality effects like obsessed dates, etc.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited November 2019
    An expansion that focuses on romance
    An expansion on romance? What could they possible add to make it worth the same price as any other EP.

Use your imagination! They could add a whole world (city) revolved around a romance theme. Go for a couple's boat ride down the stream in the city. Romantic getaways or honeymoons (vacation worlds that revolve around romantic activities). Online dating. More romantic items and interactions. Slow dancing! There's tons they could fit into a romance based expansion.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Farming expansion
    rjssim wrote: »
    An expansion on romance? What could they possible add to make it worth the same price as any other EP.

Use your imagination! They could add a whole world (city) revolved around a romance theme. Go for a couple's boat ride down the stream in the city. Romantic getaways or honeymoons (vacation worlds that revolve around romantic activities). Online dating. More romantic items and interactions. Slow dancing! There's tons they could fit into a romance based expansion.
    If anything that Sounds like a game pack. Not an EP. if they did it all like you mentioned, it sounds almost like IL, which is half baked pack, that should’ve been a GP.
    edited November 2019

If anything that Sounds like a game pack. Not an EP. if they did it all like you mentioned, it sounds almost like IL, which is half baked pack, that should’ve been a GP.

Those are just some examples. There is a lot more that can be placed into a romantic themed expansion, your imagination is your limit! I feel IL is justified to be an expansion, and I was very happy to spend my money on it. It has everything I need and wanted, but I guess each to our own.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other
    I would love a pack focused on music! I want to be able to create bands and orchestras, and have additional instruments like saxophones.

(If I can't have this, another Strangerville-style pack would be fun.) :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2019
    Fantasy based expansion
    Werewolves. I want them most of all out of anything right now. I honestly do not see the appeal of a farming pack, especially since we all know it's just going to be a minor expansion of gardening, maybe a tractor or a new irrigation option, some barely alive livestock objects, and a new world that (if it actually has lots big enough to fit a decent farm on--40X40 or bigger) will have a grand total of 2-3 lots at most (1/2 to 2/3 of which will be hogged by pre-made builds and pre-made sims, and you can guarantee the lots covered in pre-made junk will be the largest ones in the pack's world...), with the rest being set dressing. Horses, which I'm sure most people think will be part of the pack, will no doubt be part of a "My First Pet Stuff"-style DLC for your DLC.

Werewolves, on the other hand, I have some hope for. TS4's CAS looks like it could actually do a better job of supporting a more bestial-looking werewolf design instead of the Chinese Backalley Knock-off WoW Orks we got in TS3 for the default design. The Group mechanic in TS4 is more functional than the one in TS3, plus they also have GTG's club system to use as a base for a pack system. The Vampire skill tree is also the perfect framework for a Werewolf one. Then you have the large dog bases from C&D to use as a base for a full wolf form transformation and the system for alternate humanoid forms that was created for "Vampires" for basic shapeshifting. All of the major pieces for a good Werewolf GP are already THERE, DANGIT! They just need to put them TOGETHER!!! No more pussyfooting around!!! Werewolves, by the end of 2nd Quarter 2020. Get 'er Done!!!!!!!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    edited November 2019
    I honestly do not see the appeal of a farming pack, especially since we all know it's just going to be a minor expansion of gardening, maybe a tractor or a new irrigation option, some barely alive livestock objects, and a new world that (if it actually has lots big enough to fit a decent farm on--40X40 or bigger) will have a grand total of 2-3 lots at most (1/2 to 2/3 of which will be hogged by pre-made builds and pre-made sims, and you can guarantee the lots covered in pre-made junk will be the largest ones in the pack's world...), with the rest being set dressing. Horses, which I'm sure most people think will be part of the pack, will no doubt be part of a "My First Pet Stuff"-style DLC for your DLC.

I agree. I am not interested in a farming expansion myself. However, I wouldn't mind them making it for those who want the expansion. My next most wanted expansion besides romance would be fantasy. I really like Realm of Magic and what it offers, and would like to see them expand on this. Maybe some daring adventures and a lot of new fantasy bestiary such as hydras and chimeras etc. The new bestiary could result in new sim deaths or even new pets!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Fantasy based expansion
    I honestly do not see the appeal of a farming pack, especially since we all know it's just going to be a minor expansion of gardening, maybe a tractor or a new irrigation option, some barely alive livestock objects, and a new world that (if it actually has lots big enough to fit a decent farm on--40X40 or bigger) will have a grand total of 2-3 lots at most (1/2 to 2/3 of which will be hogged by pre-made builds and pre-made sims, and you can guarantee the lots covered in pre-made junk will be the largest ones in the pack's world...), with the rest being set dressing. Horses, which I'm sure most people think will be part of the pack, will no doubt be part of a "My First Pet Stuff"-style DLC for your DLC.

I agree. I am not interested in a farming expansion myself. However, I wouldn't mind them making it for those who want the expansion. My next most wanted expansion besides romance would be fantasy. I really like Realm of Magic and what it offers, and would like to see them expand on this. Maybe some daring adventures and a lot of new fantasy bestiary such as hydras and chimeras etc. The new bestiary could result in new sim deaths or even new pets!

Honestly, if there is eventually a farm pack, I hope the farm fans get the farm pack of their dreams: Cows, chickens, ducks, geese, pigs, goats, and sheep that all act with their own personalities and will, like pets. Sheep Herding skill for dogs (and cats, because a particularly bossy cat is quite good at herding humans, in my experience...and pigs, because Babe). Horses with personality, elegance, and good, strong plowing muscles (for those who want to get super eco-friendly). A county fair and farmer's market. A new world with 8-12 huge farm lots, with only three tiny farms being taken up by pre-made junk (Let the players have the big lots, stop playing favorites with the pre-mades!). A ton of extra farm equipment, skills, and activities (including wi--uh, nectar-making and horse racing...a race track would be a good excuse to re-introduce the Lucky and Unlucky traits, actually...). A bunch of new cheeses and produce for cooking. Vampires can make plasma packs with "donations" from livestock. Werewolves could harass livestock...All that good stuff.

Unfortunately, the falling quality of Expansion Packs has given me a bad feeling that a farm pack won't be up to that standard, since the theme is so big that it would NEED to be an EP. Heck, I've lost so much faith in Expansion Packs for TS4, that the "University" reveal trailer just left me cold. Game Packs have had a better track record, with "Dine Out" being the only one that didn't really come out looking like any semblance of fun because of how glitchy it's been. I own every GP except "Dine Out," and I've been mostly pleased (I wish magic had been a skill and that the talent tree was much deeper...and that the magic HQ didn't look so cavernous and plain...but I've still been having fun with "Realm of Magic") with the quality and quantity of the content for the price...but the EP's have not been looking so hot. I think "Get to Work" and "Get Together" were the best ones...and then it's an Action Park-style concrete roller luge downhill from there. It makes me sad and frustrated, because I know they can do better.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    I'm still trying to understand why so many people want to farm and make cheese? The load times make you doze off enough. I don't think we need another slow paced gamepack to barely keep us awake. If they add it, I'll buy it though just to have the complete experience, but it's definitely not on any radar of mine.

Can we start some noise about the missing gallery in consoles? The game's been out on console for over 2 years and we can't even share creativity with our console simming friends.

What's the deal? I would rather have that next up before anything else on console actually. Been waiting since release. Anyone know why it's taking so long with no word on it??????????
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited November 2019
    free the babies!!!! nursery pack with rocking chairs and music boxes and interactions with babies for all the ages like sing, rock, play
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    You had me at color wheel.

I don't see them adding it to the game, but you asked what we WANT to see, not what we want to see that might actually happen. Goodness I loved the color wheel... And have you seen what people do with it on pets? I've seen full-on paintings on cats! They put in a color wheel for pets! It would change the game mechanics blahblahblah... *continues to mutter and reminisce, by turns*
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Other
    I would like to see a school focused GP. One with a preschool for toddlers, a private school option for toddlers to teens, and a homeschooling option. The career in the pack should be Teacher for the full time job and Tutor for the part-time job option. It would go great with the University one.
    More After school activities options like Martial arts. Music classes, and dance classes.
    Improving on the part-time jobs for teens would be great too. Bring back the feature that was in Sims 3 where teens who earned skills in part-time jobs got ahead in the full time versions of those jobs.
    These being added in an update instead would be good too.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    I would really love to have a farming pack. However, if they even just expanded on the animals in Sims 4 it would be a bonus. It would be great to have an off the grid smallholding with chickens etc.
  • VedenhaltiaVedenhaltia Posts: 16 Member
    Farming expansion
    So much good ideas! I would love to see that kind of farming back what @SimmsLovinLycan describes.
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    Farming expansion
    I don't know why, because at the beginning the farming pack wasn't really something I wanted to have. But at some point I just realised it would be cool to have a real farmer and live such a calm life. Plus, there is still a possibility they would add horses with farming. I never played sims 3 so it would be completely new concept for me and I would love to try. But apart from it I think they could add 1 more vacation destination and something hobby related would be also really nice.
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Other
    I have a lot on my list but my top 2 are a generations type of pack and a gamepack that focuses solely on interactions and gameplay.

Next in line zombies and werewolves!🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Other
    telemwill wrote: »
    I want to see something done to make the Sims personalities better. Second best would be a romance package with better weddings and an attraction system.

I second this. I love your ideas!! There's so much romance to be expanded on. Including cute interactions like piggyback rides, walking and holding hands, carrying bridal style,bed cuddling and spooning, couple boat riding while kissing or cuddling under the moonlight, many dances can be done "together" not facing away from eachother.

How about cuddling on a hammock to read a book together? They could even take many interactions we have now and let sims do them together.
    One sim putting their arm around another from behind while they try to shoot the basket ball In the hoop? Two sims cooking together?

Romance can be made anywhere! There's so much to expand on.
    But imagine being able to do some of those things in a new romantic getaway or city as suggested. I get tingles thinking about it 😍
    Other
    Werewolves. I want them most of all out of anything right now. I honestly do not see the appeal of a farming pack, especially since we all know it's just going to be a minor expansion of gardening, maybe a tractor or a new irrigation option, some barely alive livestock objects, and a new world that (if it actually has lots big enough to fit a decent farm on--40X40 or bigger) will have a grand total of 2-3 lots at most (1/2 to 2/3 of which will be hogged by pre-made builds and pre-made sims, and you can guarantee the lots covered in pre-made junk will be the largest ones in the pack's world...), with the rest being set dressing. Horses, which I'm sure most people think will be part of the pack, will no doubt be part of a "My First Pet Stuff"-style DLC for your DLC.

Werewolves, on the other hand, I have some hope for. TS4's CAS looks like it could actually do a better job of supporting a more bestial-looking werewolf design instead of the Chinese Backalley Knock-off WoW Orks we got in TS3 for the default design. The Group mechanic in TS4 is more functional than the one in TS3, plus they also have GTG's club system to use as a base for a pack system. The Vampire skill tree is also the perfect framework for a Werewolf one. Then you have the large dog bases from C&D to use as a base for a full wolf form transformation and the system for alternate humanoid forms that was created for "Vampires" for basic shapeshifting. All of the major pieces for a good Werewolf GP are already THERE, DANGIT! They just need to put them TOGETHER!!! No more pussyfooting around!!! Werewolves, by the end of 2nd Quarter 2020. Get 'er Done!!!!!!!

Lmao You really got me going with your wearwolf description 🤣 I reallllllllly hope we get them!!! I think ts4 would make them really awesome if they're anything like vampires. I just hope they don't take them in a childish direction (like how I personally feel they did with ROM)

Are you hoping for zombies too? I think they know better than to make them annoying like in ts3 so they would be an awesome addition. An army of dead for other occults to kill off sounds pretty appealing.
  • Avis_pixieAvis_pixie Posts: 16 Member
    An expansion that focuses on vacations
    I would love to have a vacations EP. I really want to build my own resorts and hotels!
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Farming expansion
    romantic farming
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited November 2019
    Including cute interactions like piggyback rides

This would be so awesome!

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Other
    Vacation, farming and color wheel all sound good, but team sports and horses are higher on my wishlist. (And also likely to never come or, in the case of horses, halfbakedly shoved into the farming back.)

Another Strangerville type pack, this time in a criminal millieu, would be neat, too, but doesn't warrant a full EP.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other
    I'd like to see another time travel related expansion again, but not like how ITF turned out to be. It doesn't have to be the future per se, but also can travel to both past and future, and maybe along a few different other parts of time. But, I'm guessing it's not the most popular request and something Farming related will probably be next. While I welcome Farming, it's not exactly on my personal wishlist; farming requires a lot of planting, taking care of crops and raising animals, and patience, all things I'm not proficient in. :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Other
    A fantasy/medieval expansion mixed with farming.
    Or a farming expansion that is very notably old fashioned and off the grid with faerie offerings for good harvests.

It would be set in a medieval styled town and add in CAS items like more suits of armor as well as fantasy themed clothing and hairstyles for kids teens and adults.

It would add in more fantasy/medieval styled decorations, dragon and knight statues like the ones from sims medieval (the lady knight statue especially please) as well as wall decorations like crossed halberds shields and banners, bracketed wall torches, a throne like the one from get famous that you can actually sit on and things like that.

They could add in the ability to own chickens and cows, the ability to own horses and build them their own stables and allow you to milk cows and collect eggs from chickens.. or just get meat.. sorry cows and chickens.

They could add in skills like archery fencing farming and horseback riding and these things could be available for /everyone/ child stage and up, kids could just have wooden swords and smaller bows and ride ponies instead of full sized horses if they don't want them riding big ones or holding real swords

They could also add werewolves with an expansion like this so that would be great (please by skyrim type werewolves that look legitimately beast-like..) I'm not entirely sure on the abilities they'd have unless they could learn to change on command, they should have super strength though to match up against vampires in a fight and outmatch any humans that they end up dealing with >.>

And they could have small storylines built in that pop up from time to time the way that they did with strangerville

For example werewolves are spotted in the explorable forest near the town and investigating could give you the option to become one, or the option to investigate a way of "slaying" (curing) the afflicted sims.

Or groups of goblins have been going around terrorizing the local farms and you need to team up with gnomes to find a way to banish them.. or make things worse by banishing the gnomes (for all the harvest fests they ruined for me... jerk gnomes) I'm basing this on the lot traits that specifically mention goblins destroying things and gnomes fixing things only in this case it's interactive.

They could also make it so that you can actually befriend the alleged penny pixies that leave money around your house..

There could be witches cursing lots and sims with voodoo shenanigans that you could investigate and be rid of, or hauntings once again connected to the forest where you can go to investigate and lay the ghosts to rest

Those kinds of events could all be isolated to the new town of course, everyone else could just have their farming and new skills and decorations

But honestly the realism players got their university and I'm happy for them but as much as I had originally planned to buy it there was so little shown in it for the way I play the sims that I couldn't logically do so, especially with a $40 price tag, I'm not interested in sports, my sims don't really juice, not really interested in bikes (or cars)

I do like the robots and I'd definitely add one to my alien sims household but beyond that single addition nothing they've shown really caught my interest.. And I've literally never skipped a new stuff opportunity before now so that's disappointing.

So I'd rather have something high fantasy with the option to also play it "realistic" if I want to and honestly I may just hold off on buying any more until something like this comes up.

• simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Farming expansion
    I will always support farming!