Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a specific mod

...and trust me I've looked and haven't found anything that does it. Okay, now for some context.

I'm looking for a mod that will give a random number of up to about 10 reward traits to all newly generated sims in the game. Anyone know of a mod that does this? It would be really nice to have in the game.

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    MCC allows you to assign any trait to any Sim at any time.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Allows player to shift click Sim and choose cheat sim info then select traits. This brings up a box where the player can select any trait for the Sim that you shift clicked.

There is full documentation on the site and some YouTube videos to show you how to do it.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Okay, I need some clarification before I understand what you want. Are these added traits for randomly generated Sims only. Do you want to control which traits go with each Sim, or let the game do it for you? Are you looking to create service NPCs to fill jobs, or to act as background characters in your worlds? Are you looking to give these Sims skills before sending them off to wander around? There is a set of mods that lets each player create Sims to fill the various jobs such as bartenders, chefs, etc. With the skills needed to be chosen for the right jobs. Adding traits can be done using a couple of cheats, but as far as I know adding more traits to game generated Sims can't be done unless we take the time to do it. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13720-world-sim-control-06-worker-npcs-all-in-one-npcs/ Here is a link to a set of mods that I use, but I'm unsure if it is the right one you're looking for. But maybe someone in his forums knows more than I do. As far as I know the game generated Sims cannot be changed unless we take them into CAS with fulleditmode, then manipulate their traits. The following link is for adding more trait slots to all the age groups. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/12800-traits-sim-trait-application-system-reworked-new-additions-rom-traits-for-october-2019/ I hope this helps. :)
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Thanks for the answers. I do have MCCC and rely on it pretty much all the time. However I just wanted something that could initially give anywhere between 0-9 reward traits; traits like waterproof, observant, etc., to all the newly generated sims. I just think it could make them more interesting. Sometimes when I start a new game I will completely delete ALL preexisting sims from the game and start off as a lone sim. Then as the game generates new single sims and sim families MCCC starts moving families into homes and pairing single sims up for marriage and moving them into homes.
    Now, MCCC also has a setting where the offspring of sims can randomly get the reward traits from the parents. Soooo, by initially having a mod that gives out random reward traits to the generated sims I wouldn't have to initially give out a bunch of reward traits and then I could be surprised that my neighbor Betty has the Super Green Thumb trait, or that my other neighbor is waterproof and cold resistant.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Allows player to shift click Sim and choose cheat sim info then select traits. This brings up a box where the player can select any trait for the Sim that you shift clicked.

There is full documentation on the site and some YouTube videos to show you how to do it.

Reads like the OP is looking for a mod that automatically assigns those reward traits rather than having to go through them manually like suggested in this response.

It would greatly help to see more reward traits given though and offered automatically to everyone except just offspring by inheritance, as there is just no way you'd be able to get into over a massive rotational family play to get traits assigned in any good time if you use normal lifespan and time means without immortalizing any sim along the way, because you need to go through the list of aspirations and complete them quickly, which can't be done.

You'd be forever going through hundreds of sims in a few days after generations of sims come up and others die out, as the family trees expand, diversify and and split to start the process over again, just to get reward traits assigned the way you suggest for each one. it is impractical, not to mention a grind on the old nerves when you think you got them all, and suddenly a whole new bunch you didn't see start climbing out of the rotten woodwork. MC generates a lot of sims if you let it, far too many to deal with the manual way.

If there is such a mod that assigns reward traits, i would be interested to know if it exists.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hoverael wrote: »

Reads like the OP is looking for a mod that automatically assigns those reward traits rather than having to go through them manually like suggested in this response.

It would greatly help to see more reward traits given though and offered automatically to everyone except just offspring by inheritance, as there is just no way you'd be able to get into over a massive rotational family play to get traits assigned in any good time if you use normal lifespan and time means without immortalizing any sim along the way, because you need to go through the list of aspirations and complete them quickly, which can't be done.

You'd be forever going through hundreds of sims in a few days after generations of sims come up and others die out, as the family trees expand, diversify and and split to start the process over again, just to get reward traits assigned the way you suggest for each one. it is impractical, not to mention a grind on the old nerves when you think you got them all, and suddenly a whole new bunch you didn't see start climbing out of the rotten woodwork. MC generates a lot of sims if you let it, far too many to deal with the manual way.

If there is such a mod that assigns reward traits, i would be interested to know if it exists.

Exactly! I usually only play 1 household per game so, making the other sims more interesting would be a great addition to the game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

There's this one over on MTS:

http://modthesims.info/d/616702/all-traits-in-cas-3-0.html

I've not used it so can't speak to how well it works.