July 31 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
July 23 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.
The Sims Spark'd is here! - are you ready? Discuss episode 3 here!

Responses on Ideas & Feedback

Due to the age of some of the topics still being updated in this section, I am curious as to what kind of structure is in place to respond to users ideas & feedback?

The Dark Mode thread for instance, was created in July but no members of staff have responded to this even with a diplomatic "We are currently looking at ways we can implement a new forum skin to address this and we will let you know in due course if this is a possibility".

Feedback is a two-way street and you can't expect users to be engaged in your online community if the staff do not appear to be.

Are particular admins and moderators responsible for specific sections?
1NraNSJ.png
My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi Ayeffen!

Everything posted here in the Forum ideas & feedback section is reviewed by myself and in most cases you will see me answer around here. When or how depends on the situation - for example, if it's something I know we can't do, it's usually faster as there's not much to think about. But things are not usually that clear and a lot goes behind the scenes when we are reviewing your feedback (not only about this forum, but all our forums for other games as well!). There's many things for us to consider but rest assured I'm always keeping an eye around here as it helps me know what you would like to see change on the forums, and which ideas are the most popular :)
  • Conlon94Conlon94 Posts: 12 New Member
    I know that you most likely may already almost finished with Sims 4 however I was thinking that it would be more realistic if you had a little more gradual aging for example the Sims life cycle could be the Following: Baby, toddler, child, preteen-teen, teen, mid-teen, late-teen, young-adult, adult, middle-age adult, pre-elder, elder, mid-elder, late-elder, and decrepit elder. Whether the person become decrepit elder during their mid-elder to late-elder years or after their late-elder years as a separate stage in life could depend on their lifestyle. When you do the aging for the middle-age adult and the elderly life stages could you give the Sims a realistic gradual aging of the skin, hair, and the rest of the body. Plus you could provide a whole section of products in the store for the elderly Sims.
    Sincerely, Keith Conlon
    Honestly if there are not any Sims 5 then this should be considered for sims 4 as a compromise with the gradual aging process Sims fans if you are going to claim that the following is impossible: uhttp://modthesims.info/d/517293/age.html

by Consort Posted 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM by Consort

Advertisement:

Description
    Files 3
    Related Uploads
    Comments 169
    1,305 Thanks Thanks 659 Favourited
    This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
    7 Jan 2014 - Version 1.2 released

What this mod does

This mod updates adults and elders every night to simulate an ageing process.
    You are free to run the mod on everyone or just selected Sims.

-Sims gradually get gray hair
    -Sims get wrinkles and stuff (age weathering) according to their age
    -Some walkstyle adjustments (young elders are more agile)
    -Sims have the option to dye their hair if they are unhappy with their greying hair

Activating the mod

The mod is not active by default.
    Every adult and elder has a ConsortAge sim-menu where you can activate the mod.

Uninstalling the mod

Please use the !CLEAN UP option before you delete the mod.
    Also disable the Mod before you copy Sims to the sim bin.
    If everything goes wrong, the mod offers cheat command that tries to undo changes.

Sim Menu

Enable Mod for $Name
    Updates the Sim according to her age and adds him to the list of nightly updates

Disable Mod for $Name
    Updates the Sim with cached values to undo changes.

Enable mod for all Sims in Town
    Cycles through all relevant Sims and applies Age features.
    The mod will now run nightly updates on ALL new found adults and elders unless you specifically have disabled the mod for them.

!CLEAN UP (Undo Mod for all Sims in Town)
    Cycles through all relevant Sims currently present in your town and restores non-modded values for them.
    Turns off nightly updates

Info
    This is how you can find out if the mod is active for a specific Sim plus some mod related stuff.

Dye Grey Hair (cheap)
    Dye Grey Hair (expensive)
    -Not available for active Sims. Please use any mirror or spa.
    -Only available if the Mod is on for the specific sim

Force dyes the townie's hair to make them look younger

Dyeing Hair

Some Sims feel too young to have grey hair. Luckily modern chemistry offers amazing solutions:

Dye Grey Hair Cheap (§29.98)

Available with every Mirror

Your Sim will apply Grey-Gon-Goo(tm) to their face hair.
    Grey-Gon-Goo(tm) Landgraab Industries(tm) latest and bestest hair-encancement product. Absolutely nothing can go wrong.
    However, page 42 of the Grey-Gon-Goo(tm) End User License Agreement (included in the box) states that "user experience may vary."
    Grey-Gon-Goo should not be applied near eyes, mouth or 🌺🌺🌺🌺 areas and must be kept out of reach of children.

Dye Grey Hair Expensive (§300)

Available at the Spa

Your Sim will be offered a coffee while waiting. Along with a leaflet stating that "Home dyeing is killing the DaySpa industry!"
    I hear they do a a really good job.

Nighghtly updates
    They get triggered at 1 a.m. and might take a while.
    If you run the game on a weak CPU you might see some choppyness around that time.

Birthdays
    The adult to elder birthday first turns your Sim into an ordinary elder. The mod will run an update within an hour or so.

Cheats
    There are some cheats you can type in via the cheat console. You should not need them but they might be useful.

age clean
    The mod keeps data for Sims it has modified and will not delete it for 21 sim-days. This data can be force flushed by typing the above command

age fix $firstname $lastname
    Tries to restore original hair and removes all age weathering for a Sim.
    Try to remember to switch off the mod for Sims you export and before you uninstall the mod, so hopefully you will not need this.
    "*" runs on all Sims, handle with great care.

XML Tuning
    The ConsortAgeTuning.package is optional. You only need it if you wish to modify it.

Compatibility
    This is a pure scripting mod and should play nice with all other mods, custom content etc.
    The mod most likely works with earlier patches than 1.63, but you're on your own there. I can't test or fix things in earlier patch versions.

Thanks
    Special <3 to Inge for the hair-counselling and coding suggestions!

-Most of the Simlogical crowd. You guys rock
    -Peter and Inge for S3PE and S3.. the other one. SimsMX for his very readable code I could use as "inspiration", Twallan ofc for MasterController which made testing so much easier.
  • MysticTigg5MysticTigg5 Posts: 19 Member
    Isn't there one place that we can just type in simple wish list items for consideration for future - Like bikes for kids, strollers, food processor, etc?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 153,537 Member
    Isn't there one place that we can just type in simple wish list items for consideration for future - Like bikes for kids, strollers, food processor, etc?

Hello @MysticTigg5
    There is a Sims 4 Ideas Corner section
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner

There is also this thread in the Games Feedback section
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see-in-the-game/p1
  • Megan_Gallant_92Megan_Gallant_92 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool if you guys made a Ranch. Either a new vacation retreat or just another expansion pack.
    Where you can ride and even own horses.

Also was thinking since the tiny living pack is out maybe even bunk beds for children and teens! Takes up less space and super cute!!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 14,178 Member
    I think it would be cool if you guys made a Ranch. Either a new vacation retreat or just another expansion pack.
    Where you can ride and even own horses.

Also was thinking since the tiny living pack is out maybe even bunk beds for children and teens! Takes up less space and super cute!!

@Megan_Gallant_92, Any ideas can go over in The Sims 4 Ideas section as this section is ideas and feedback for the forum itself and not the game... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • Full_of_ideasFull_of_ideas Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to say the Sims 4 is incredible. The ideas that you've done to put it together its amazing. Ive spent many days, weeks, months and years on this game and its one game I'll never get fed up of.
    I do have an idea. Im not sure if its been suggested but I love the holidays on the sims and Christmas for me is a time I go crazy in my sims house.
    So my question is would you ever consider making more Christmas things.
    Maybe bigger pack with more choices and shops and other things?