Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2019
    It is great that you have created a showcase thread for your creations :) Your builds and rooms are very nice!
    Your newest build, Tiny Family Starter, is a lovely family starter! :) Very nice exterior design, great roofing, and very pretty flowers in front area! The hanging baskets are a nice touch and pretty flowerbox window. The open plan interior layout and furnishings are very nice! The windows used are nice.
  • Options
    SerenityhyperionSerenityhyperion Posts: 57 Member
    Thank you @rosemow! I'm really enjoying all of these builds. I'm going to be doing one room a day in your OneRoomOneWeekOneTheme challenge!
  • Options
    Cat Cafe

This modern building was made for those of us that love cats and being creative! There is an outdoor patio upstairs with easels and a chess table. A loft is above the cafe area with plenty of computer and a reading nook. Downstairs is a kitchen, a couple bathrooms, and a lovely room for the kitties to rest away from the customers and to relieve themselves. Under the stairs are some food bowls for the kitties, too. Out back is a small apartment for the owners to relax and not have to endure the commute back home. There's even a small garden patch to grow some catnip!
  • Options
    Your build is a lovely and warm modern cat cafe! :) Very nice exterior design, glass windows,great curved glass roofing and the greenery is nice on edges.Very nice dining area! The espresso bar area is very nice for Sims to enjoy buying food and eating them at the tables. The pets themed pictures on the wall look great! The kitchen is very nice. It is great there is a cupcake machine there and the hanging pans and knives on the wall are nice kitchen touches,.The outdoors art and chess patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel or playing chess. Very nice study desk area for Sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer to access the internet.It is great there is an apartment also. Very nice furnishing of it! The sunflowers themed bedroom is lovely!:)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thanks @rosemow! I had fun making it, for sure.

Here's what I've been working on for a while now. I did this for my actual game so I didn't bother limiting the gamepacks I use. So... literally every pack was used. I also used @rosemow and @Taoron art stuffs!

Freelancer Community Lot - Sims Gallery

IMGUR

I realized that I had a ton of items on the lot already and I didn't want to overload computers that might decide to use this.... so, while I used every pack, I limited the clutter in the bathrooms and other areas. I might redo the houses individually and finish them up, though.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Aweet build @Serenityhyperion I uploaded a second set, if you want them. I didn't post yet here. Long night. I made 2 loaves of bread, a Cranberry Cake and 4 dozen doughnuts. lol Just kicking back half asleep
  • Options
    @Taoron - Oh thank you!! I'll have to go check those out in a bit. Gonna work on making a few rooms now, I think. A freelancer study will be perfect setting for your awesome art!

You made bread?! I've never made any bread - is it hard? You are definitely making me drool over all the delicious sounding treats :blush:
  • Options
    @Taoron - Oh thank you!! I'll have to go check those out in a bit. Gonna work on making a few rooms now, I think. A freelancer study will be perfect setting for your awesome art!

You made bread?! I've never made any bread - is it hard? You are definitely making me drool over all the delicious sounding treats :blush:

It takes patience and time. The ability to follow directions is a plus, as well. I've seen people mess up simple bread by not following directions and then yelling at the person who gave them the recipe. These were basic loaves and only took about 2-3 hours to be ready.

WpiMZ4a.jpg
  • Options
    Freelancer Community Lot is a very lovely build! :) The design and layout is very great! It is such a very detailed and special build! It would have taken such a long time and a lot of work to do! It is great that you have designed homes that suit an author, artist, photographer and programmer! The exteriors of them and interior furnishings and layout are lovely! Very nice pool and pond! The string lights are pretty! The stone fencing is very nice. The outdoors patio is great! Sims will enjoy sitting around the fire keeping warm. The tiki lights are very nice.
    It is a very special community for freelancers to live in! Thanks very much for using my art! <3

Your bread looks so delicious! @Taoron :) It makes me smell the lovely aroma of freshly baked bread!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Taoron - Oh my that looks delicious!!! Now I'm hungry haha. I have an issue with baking because I tend to... well, I don't follow recipes. I always make it up as I go along. Doesn't seem to work well with baking. :sweat_smile:

@rosemow - Thank you for your review! I spent quite a bit of time on it over the past week or so - working on and off, of course.

I used Taoron and rosemow's art in this Tiny Programmer Home with more pictures here on IMGUR . It uses only basegame items to help expand the availability.
  • Options
    Tiny Programmer Home is a lovely starter home! :) Very pretty flowers on the roofing of the outdoors dining porch and on the railings! Sims will enjoy playing chess outdoors in the air. The interior design, layout and furnishings are very nice! Very nice nook living room area to enjoy watching tv or reading a book. The red, black and white colour scheme of the kitchen is very nice and great fridge nook with fruit bowl on fridge top. The blue colour of the bedroom looks very nice. Great computer desk area for Sims to do their work on the computer.
    It is a very nice home for a freelancer programmer :)
  • Options
    Very cool. Thanks for using my art. =)
  • Options
    Today was Week 5 of the One Room One Week One Theme Challenge that I'm starting from the beginning! I am doing one week a day. A wedding reception room was the theme.

Gallery

IMGUR

@rosemow - Thank you for your review of the home - I appreciate it so much! It's nice to have someone speak nice things about my builds. :smile:

@Taoron - You're welcome but, really, thank you for the arts. You and Rosemow have made me so happy with your paintings!
  • Options
    Happy to oblige
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The Wedding Reception room is lovely! :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The string lights are very pretty on the windows! Very nice dining area in the middle of the room for the bridal party and the guests to enjoy eating mealsl.The flowers and candles are very pretty on the table. The corner tables looks very nice with food and presents on them, and flowers along the edges. Sims will enjoy eating the food from the tables and from the buffet table.
    It is a very special reception room to celebrate a wedding! <3
    Edit : Just a little note to say that food doesn’t upload with rooms :( This means that the food on the tables hasn’t uploaded as well.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow! I didn't realize that food doesn't upload, either. That is sadness. I could have sworn I had seen someone post a room with a bunch of different foods - but that was a while back when I was first getting into the gallery so I must be mistaken. Thank you for letting me know!
  • Options
    Is that all food @rosemow, or just the food that disappears when you place it in build mode. I would cry is all of that stuff in my walk-ins at the Italian Restaurant didn't upload. I do all my food in build mode. I know cakesdessserts and such and most drinks go poof.

• Options
    It looks like everything I placed in build mode poofed @Taoron :disappointed:
  • Options
    Taoron wrote: »
    Is that all food @rosemow, or just the food that disappears when you place it in build mode. I would cry is all of that stuff in my walk-ins at the Italian Restaurant didn't upload. I do all my food in build mode. I know cakesdessserts and such and most drinks go poof.

Hello @Taoron
    Food that is uploaded in lots will remain, but food in rooms will disappear.
  • Options
    Ahhh....that clears that up. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh that makes sense! Kinda odd that they would do it that way, though!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm making myself a new challenge! I am going to have my sim, Selene, start in a tiny home. She is an aspiring artist that just graduated from Plumbobium University and is ready to make her way in the world! However, all she has is the money given to her for graduation and a plot of land gifted to her by her parents. She is starting tiny and going to work her way up in the world. However, she cannot sell anything that she has already. Ever. It can be moved around, placed in a basement storage, whatever... but it cannot be sold. She can only upgrade her house every $100,000 she has. This means that she can upgrade when she has 100k saved up. Then 200k. Then 300k. Etc. She also can't leave her current lot. Ever. Afterall, her parents gave it to her! Time for Selene to start building her career and work her way into a family!

My newest creation is the Tiny Artist's Home! Talk about tiny! The eating area is outside. Minimalist throughout in order to keep costs down as much as possible. This is Stage One in Selene's Challenge.

Gallery Link

IMGUR Link
  • Options
    Your new challenge sounds great! :) I hope that it goes well.
    Tiny Artist’s Home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design, roofing, and pretty flowers! It is great there is an easel on the porch for Sims to enjoy painting in the outdoors air. Very nice windows used and the trees wall pattern in the bedroom looks very nice. Sims will enjoy using the laptop on the desk there. The white, black and red colour scheme is very nice.
    It is a great starter home for an artist! :)
  • Options
    Here's my entry! I set it up so that the couple can do everything together (except, of course, bathe). Plenty of energizing things around. Also, rather minimalist because they dislike clutter. Everything simple and to the point because they don't want to be distracted by unimportant things. They only want to workout together and compete against each other on the rock climbing wall!

IMGUR
    Gallery

IQ7YsAd.png

pjyFYUj.png

jdbPZJo.png

g4KvqXy.png

hJxYtHk.png

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Couple’s Gym is a great gym for the couple! :) The brown/black and white colour scheme is very nice, and it looks great that there are 2 of all the fitness equipment items so that they both can use the same item type at the same time. They will enjoy competing against each other when they do rock climbing ! They will enjoy keeping fit using the treadmills, punching bags and weight machines. The bath tub nook is nice with the triangular tub in the corner. They will enjoy bathing there after training . The modern candle ceiling lights are a nice touch, and the crystals are a special colourful touch on the wall shelving.
    It is a very gym room to suit the couple! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)