Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Congrats on getting into your first build challenge @Lehua You have created a very nice house.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Build Challenge is a lovely family home! @Lehua :) Your first build challenge home is very nice! Very nice exterior design, and the backyard areas are great! Very nice pool patio for Sims to enjoy swimming in the pool or relaxing on the floater or on the loungers under the canopy. Kids will have lots of fun playing on the playground equipment. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals at the dining table in the outdoors air,and have a drink from the bar. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The armchairs and sofa fireplace sitting area is very nice for Sims to relax and watch tv or read near the fire. The dining nook area is very nice! Very nice dining chairs used and the flowers on the table are very pretty for Sims to see whilst dining. Very nice island stoves and stools counter in the kitchen. Very nice colour schemes of the bedrooms! The wall pattern in the master bedroom is very nice.
    It is a very nice challenge home! :)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited November 2019
    Challenge Number: BB1
    Origin ID: Aliana101
    Gallery Name of Build: Britechester Campus Share
    Gallery Link: Britechester Campus Share
    Link to slideshow: Slideshow
    Additional Notes:
    This build has been a challenge in more ways than one!
    My original build was in Sulani, however I had a bit of a disaster involving tidying out old save files while drinking wine .......turns out to be a dreadful mix doh! Bye bye beautiful, almost complete Sulani build :o ( @Taoron your art looked fantastic, sorry I can't share what I did with it :D )
    I couldn't face starting the same build from scratch so I moved to Britechester where I needed a home for my Supersim and her married house mates - these three were the very first sim household I played in Sims 4 and they've shared multiple houses while they've explored every expansion pack as I've got it.....now it's time for Uni! There's also an extra bedroom for a new housemate to move in and share with them. The plot is only 30x20 which was a bit tight but somehow I managed to squish in most of their almost perfect garden that moves with them, although I've had to take advantage of the lovely surroundings to make up for the lack of exterior space otherwise. I struggled with the screened porch in this version so it became a very English conservatory. I really thought I was going to run out of time but I've just scraped in - big thank you @AlJay for such fun challenge :)<3
    My final challenge was that for some reason my first upload lost some items and some of the terrain paint. Luckily Assistant Designer spotted it and the second upload seems ok. Never had that before although I know other people have, very odd.

Edit - forgot to say I also added to my challenge by only using base game and DU with Cool Kitchen and Laundry Day as my 2 extras ;)

Space for Pictures:
    R1WhO7Q.png

zFaaPF9.png
    Lovely build @AliSim19 Wine? I'll take some wine! :P Sorry you lost everything. That does suck.
    I don't like to look at challenge builds until I've finished mine (just so I don't accidentally borrow/copy ideas!) so just catching up....so many builds!! I just love how so much variation has come from the same set of plans :)

@Ayeffen I love the feel of your house, it's so lived in and perfect for the family you chose! Great job with your accent walls, for some reason I can never seem to get wallpaper to look right so I'm always impressed when someone else does it as well as you have :) Love that pathway, fab.

@Taoron The build looks so lovely in that brick! No idea if its ranch like but it looks like (a prettier version) of many bungalows near me, very realistic. Love the way you've carried the brick through to the fireplace base and the screened porch and yard too, it's the small touches that make the difference! My fav bit is def that screened porch, I just couldn't get a clear image in my head of what a screened porch would look like but you seem to have imagined it for me, perfect :)

@Cheekyimp You definitely achieved your aim of warm looking home, so cosy :) My son would adore that boys room too. Clever to put the BBQ on the porch :)

@wendyology I love where you took this, and the whole build fits the rustic reclaimed feel, just charming throughout. My fav room is your kitchen, just so realistic with the computer nook tucked in, and the washing machine - that shot is genius!!! :D

@PearLady Great job with your modern style build, I wouldn't have guessed it was new for you :) The monochrome (right word? black & white lol) looks fab and I love your plant covered porch roof

@luckyheather Wow what an excellent build and so different, so clever!! <3<3 Adore that roof terrace and the swimming pool and your interiors are divine - I want to move in!!

@KayBoe Lovely job, so cute from the front. Pet stuff is about the only pack I don't have but seeing that habitat in the bedroom makes me want it, my kid sims would love that so much. Another build where my fav is the screened porch though, love it :)

@SorenFlyin Beautiful plot, very nice work! Your interiors are great, especially that buffet, but the outdoor area is def my fave here - the porch (again!!), bbq area and pond...... <3

@Becka28 Love the colour schemes you've used with this one, another one that feels warm and cosy! Think my fave here is your choice of windows, they just work so well and completely change the feel of the build, it's awesome :)

@Archer_Girl Seriously cute!! <3 The garage and outdoor areas are excellent and so nicely done and then inside is just as lovely :) And flower arranging...clever!!

@AlJay Coming up with a challenge and then not being able to enter would be heartbreaking, I'm glad you are joining in :) Another build that's perfect for the family you chose - beautifully done as ever,both inside and out, and I can just imagine them living in there. Clever MOO piano, really like that and a chicken coop?!? Love it <3

@nucleonide Welcome to the world of build challenges...watch out or they will take over your play time just they have mine :):) You needn't have been nervous, your build is lovely inside and out and you definitely channeled the homey-ness! The kids bedroom are my favourite part of you build though, love them both!

@breanna206 Your build looks lovely from the two shots you've posted and the gallery pics, I'll check it out properly in game later tonight :)

@joRN1414 Sulani!! Your build also looks fun from what I've seen so far, adding it to my list for later!

@Karababy52 What an amazing slideshow!! <3 And your build is just adorable! Great location and your build suits its perfectly; the exterior areas are gorgeous and then beautiful decor choices throughout the interior too! Love your fireplace and all the little details, like how the bins are screened away or the trolley with the tea and coffee set....fab. Hard to choose but think my fav room is the master bedroom....I'd stay in there all day!! B)

@Allears What an excellent property - the whole build is fab :) I love your outdoor spaces, the driveway/front in particular is gorgeous, and the interior is so cohesive and such a great colour scheme. Great idea to change the pantry to a half bath, wish I'd thought of it!!

@shakerella More Sulani, love it! The lounge looks so chilled and the kitchen is great in that colour, nice choice! I'm glad you submitted :)

@Lehua Welcome to build challenges, what a great start! I adore your outdoor pool area with the covered loungers and the way you've carried the hints of colour throughout the house is really effective :)

And finally I'm back to my own build, phew! That was a fun couple of hours......please don't be suprised if you see ideas from each of builds popping up in mine in the near future, I've been taking notes!!

Thanks again for an excellent challenge @AlJay looks like :) we all had fun
    Thank you @Taoron ......I'll make sure to pour you a glass next time ;) And yeah, I'm over it now (almost) but I've spent most of the week kicking myself!!
    I am so sorry again that you had the upsetting issue with losing your first build by accidentally deleting it! @AliSim19 :( I know that you posted about it on the other thread. The resulting new university students home though is very lovely! Very nice exterior design, wall texture and the flowers in the garden are very pretty! Great bikes nook and gardening boxes patch in the front area ! Very nice loungers area in the sideyard for relaxing in the sunshine, Very nice light filled conservatory. The furnishing of the interior is lovely! Very nice design of living room tv and fireplace area! It looks very nice the way the seating has been placed there for Sims to enjoy resting and watching tv or reading a book and the fireplace nook with the fireplace and musician pictures is very nice! The fish bowl is a nice touch. The flowers on the dining table and on the dining area windows ledge are pretty for Sims to see as they eat their meals. They will enjoy a drink from the bar with their meal. The blue and orange colour scheme of the living areas is very nice. Very lovely kitchen! The island stove and stools counter is very nice! The hanging pansA, knives, utensils and dish rack are homely touches. The furnishing and colour scheme of the bedrooms are very nice!
    It is a lovely home! :)
    edited November 2019
    @rosemow Bless you, you are so kind :) Thank you for taking the time and care to do such a lovely review for another of my builds....and for helping with the inspiration with your room challenge!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Lehua it really is nice to see all the variations! This particular floor-plan is very robust because it allows for multiple SIMs of various ages all on one level. I did not get a chance to build it but I do like to see how so many creators take an idea and end up this much variety. Congratulations on your first challenge entry!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Challenge Number: BB1
    Origin ID: darrenfroggy
    Gallery Name of Build: Leisaneas Lodge
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D788E3B313A311EA8CE64BBF48D73738
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/0fOwoSP
    Additional Notes:
    I've started this build from @AlJay's floor plan (thank you for that, I'm horrible at those) three times, each of them eventually scrapped because I wasn't happy with it. In the end, I moved the build to Glimmerbrook because I still love that aesthetic and finally it clicked.
    There are some changes to the back part of the home: the laundry room and the walk-in closet have been refurbished to make the bathroom and laundry space extended. There are two bedrooms: the master and a child bedroom. The spare room has an added secret passage to a secret magical basement, fitting the theme.
    The family I created for playtesting clicked and I might just end up playing them for a little while.
    Thank you for the challenge, it definitely was one :D

Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)
    2CdGKzZ.png
    BMOHJ8D.png
    Thank you @AliSim19 I'm actually good. We finished a bottle of Medeira Bual last night and I'm still getting over it. LOL

Beautiful build @darrenfroggy
    Leiseaneas Lodge is a lovely family home! @darrenfroggy :) Very nice roofing with pretty lights on it! The patterned windows give a very nice look to home. Very nice gardening boxes patch with Patchy watching over it. Very lovely furnishing of the interior ! The colour scheme is very nice! It is very nice that you have used magical Realm of Magic items through the home. The crystals fireplace sitting area is a very nice warm and calming place for Sims to enjoy chatting near the fire. Very pretty flowers on the dining table and it is nice that there is a bar there so they can enjoy having a drink whilst sitting near the fire. The teapots cabinets and drinks shelving is very nice on the wall. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The zigzag flooring in the kids room, bones and paw prints curtains and the soft toy dog in the kids room are very nice! Very nice secret magical basement! Sims will enjoy making potions in the cauldron.
    It is a very nice magical themed family home :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you so much to everyone for their beautiful entries to the November Challenge!! I am overwhelmed by all of your builds! I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the creativity and uniqueness of every single one. My creative talents do not include writing, lol, but I would still like to thank you each individually :)

@Ayeffen I loved your idea of having art collectors displaying their pieces around the home. You have added many homey touches to give this house a very warm and welcoming feel and character to each room. The screened porch and outdoor garden are beautiful!

@Taoron Your brick ranch house has a lovely exterior and I love the warm wood and blue tones that you used on the inside. You have done a wonderful job displaying the artwork on the walls and for some reason your bathroom just makes me happy 😊

@Cheekyimp Your house looks very nice, like it fits right into the countryside. It reminds me of a cabin, and that always has wonderful memories for me 😊 The kid’s rooms each have their own personality and I love that you have added a dressing room in the closet!

@wendyology I really like the traditional beach build idea for your house. The stone path and flowers look great around the house. The wood paneled walls suit the house nicely with the blue accents throughout the main living area are nice. The colors that you have chosen for the bedrooms make them look very relaxing. I still love your porthole view picture 😊

@PearLady Your mid-century modern home looks great with the brown brick exterior and the plants on the screened porch are a wonderful touch. The black white and grey color scheme mixed in with the brown look for the interior is perfect for the design you have made.

@luckyheather the modern style of your home looks wonderful! I like that you added a pool to the yard and the fountain looks great! The island in the kitchen is a nice look and the fact that you took the time to make a roof top deck I think is so fantastic! You added so many nice details to this home.

@KayBoe Your house looks so sunny and inviting! I think I could spend all afternoon on your screened in porch, lol! I love that the kid’s bedroom has a hamster cage and the bench at the end of your master bedroom bed fits in perfectly!

@SorenFlyin your craftsman home looks wonderful! I like that you made the side the front and the friezes look great on the house. I think it was worth the trouble 😊 I like the pond in the back yard and the nice earthy tones on the inside. The desk fits so nicely where you have it in the living room and you have done a great job of the dining room buffet area.

@Becka28 The exterior of your house looks lovely with the different textures! The neutral tones look very nice with the décor you have chosen on the interior of the home, and I love the colors in the toddler room. It looks so fun!

@Archer_Girl Your house looks so great with the brick and the siding. I love that you added a garage to the build and all the detail that you added to your house. Your landscaping and yard are very well done! The dark wood in the interior is very nice and I really like the flower arranging table in the back porch.

@SpoonieSarah Your house is very nice. I like the dark windows with the brown stone that you used on the exterior. The wood flooring in the house looks wonderful, especially in the master bedroom and the bathroom. Great job on the screened porch!

Wildcat_1-P3 Your house is very cute! The flamingo makes my day 😊 The kitchen is very nicely done and I really like that you put a couch in the master bedroom.

@magsdev Very nice family home! I like your choice of wall color and the fact that you made the laundry room bright and sunny. It’s always good to feel happy if you are stuck doing laundry 😊

@nucleonide Your house in Brindleton Bay suits the area very nicely! The cat’s and Dog’s pack has a lot of wonderful items to use. I like the country feel that your home has. The kitchen looks great and I love all the little detail that you have added. It is nice that you have two twin beds in the children’s room and the teenager’s room looks perfect.

breezle206 Very lovely brick home! I like that you have chosen to put a hedge around the yard and your choice of wood flooring on the interior of the house is great. Your house is very nice and homey looking. I especially like that the bedrooms have desks.

@joRN1414 Your house on the beach looks wonderful! All the nice beach accessories on the exterior look very nice, and it is great that you have water activities as well. Changing the living room to make it the kitchen makes it suit the island living style quite nicely and it is great that you were able to make the master closet into a skill room.

@Karababy52 I like your build style combo 😊 The dark roof with the dark windows look wonderful! Windenburg is my favorite world and you have made the house fit so nicely into it’s surroundings. I really like the garbage area and the BBQ patio is just divine! I really like the color scheme that you have used throughout the house and all the little details are wonderful! I would be very happy living in this house.

@Vedenhaltia You plant lover’s house looks wonderful! The green siding looks great and I love the landscaping that you have done with the plants. The interior works very well to go with the exterior and the kids bedrooms look so cute. I really like the double mirror in the master bathroom.

@Allears Your house looks so inviting, the front just draws me in! I love the garden and the yard. It’s great that you have added a driveway. The blues and dark woods look so nice together on the interior and I think you have the perfect amount of clutter in the house. The kids rooms are great as well!

@shakerella You have designed a wonderful island home. I like the colors that you have chosen and the little details around the build that make it look like it is from the island are wonderful touches. I love that you added a wine cooler in the closet!

@Lehua Very nice build! You have done a great job of making the back-yard look like it is perfect for a family to have fun together outside and I really like the glass roof on the screened in porch. Great use of clutter items throughout the house.

@Pineapple_Stef Great looking starter home for a single mom. You made it look legit 😊 I like that you gave yourself a budget for this build!

@AliSim19 I’m sad that you lost your Sulani house, but it seems you have done a great job on the house you entered! I love all the University items that you have used. The bikes are great and I love the stone you chose for the fireplace. Great job of landscaping. I really like your color choices for the interior and all the little detail make this house look like it is perfect for university students.

@darrenfroggy What a great looking house to build in Glimmerbrook! I like the dark brick exterior and the roof looks fantastic! I like that you took the time to decorate with the icicle lights. The interior again looks like it was meant to be in Glimmerbrook. I especially like the way you have done the kitchen.
    December Challenge

r3CyDaO.jpg

Design a home using this floor plan. There are stairs leading up to...well, that's up to you. If you are ambitious it looks like there are even stairs going down as well :smile: But if stairs are intimidating, you can just leave them out. As there is actually no picture of the upper level. Decorate this house any way, and anywhere you would like your sims to celebrate the holidays. It can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget. Please do not use any custom content and hashtag with #BB2 when you upload it to the gallery. If you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. I have added the roof this time just because it was a little more complicated. They can be removed so you can create your own design. BlueprintBuilds-Dec Shell This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.
  • KayBoeKayBoe Posts: 4 New Member
    Super excited to start working on the December Blueprint build. Last months was so much fun and I anticipate enjoying this one just as much!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Lehua

Congrats on finishing your first entry in a build challenge! You should be proud. :) I like the eclectic look of your build with a multitude of styles and patterns. It all seems to mesh together well though with the main palette being teal, orange and tan with touches of pink. Good job! I like how the orange in the master bedroom curtains picks up the orange in the painting. The pink lights look nice in there too. Very cute pink toddler room! I've always liked the sparkly wallpaper.

Really like the screened in porch, looks so cozy and inviting. I love the use of the rounded island counters in the corners of the kitchen, great idea! I think my favorite room in the house is the dining room. That bright orange rug under those fancy teal chairs looks great! Love the buffet area too with the mirrors. Good job with the outdoor patio/pool area too. Looks like a fun place to spend hot Summer days/nights. Really nice build, I like it! :)

@AliSim19

What a fabulous build! I love the choices you made for the siding, windows and landscaping, beautiful! Adore how you did the roofing. Love the livingroom, especially that woodstove! Gah! If anything were to entice me to use CC, that would be it! I like that you used that instead of a fireplace. The blue/orange color scheme makes everything pop. Very pretty and inviting diningroom, love the Bay window and the way you set up the buffet area. The kitchen is fantastic! Can Sims use the built in oven? You've put another stove in the island as a lot of Simmers did. I thought about it, but was trying to stick the blueprint as much as possible. Kinda wishing I didn't now. lol

Both of the bedrooms for students are wonderful, love the bright colors and I love the linen closet area in the bathroom. Gorgeous double bedroom with the red/brown/tan theme. I love how the colors flow into the bathroom with ease. Perfecto! Ah, I see you made the walk-in closet into a gym as a few others have done. I like it! Very inviting conservatory with the glass roof. I could see myself spending a lot of time in there. What a beautiful, relaxing and fun BBQ/Party area with a lovely view of the lake and bridge.

Love that you too included a perfect garden, it just makes sense. :) Forgot to mention the bikes. I like how you included a few for students to use for getting around campus. Those are one of the things I'm looking forward to the most when I someday am able to get DU. I love this build and it just makes me want DU all the more because of how you've showcased the build/buy in the pack. Great job! <3

I want to thank you so much too for your sweet comments about my build for this challenge too. I'd have to agree with you about the Master bedroom. It's one of my Top 3 fav rooms in the house, with the patio being first, livingroom second. Thanks again! :)

@darrenfroggy

What a unique and beautiful build! That roofing job is a masterpiece! It looks right at home in Glimmerbrook and the perfect home for a well established Spellcaster. I love that you created a bar area in the diningroom instead of a buffet. The children's room is so cute and, well, magical. Perfect for a future Spellcaster. I love the forest wallpaper and tree stickers, I use those two things a lot myself. Great idea putting a magic room in the basement for Spellcasters to study and brew potions. Love the kitchen!

The Master bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom are really nice. I like the 'screened' in porch area as well. I love that you used ROM build/buy throughout this build. Great job! :)

@Aljay Thank you so much for the lovely review of my build. Windenburg is one of my absolute favorite worlds, especially the Island and countryside areas. Happy you like the patio/bbq area, that's one of my favorite parts of this build. :)

Not sure if I'll tackle the next round yet or not. I like the blueprint and it'll certainly be a challenge with more than one floor for me. I rarely build ones with more than one story. I could just make it a single story though. We'll see how it goes with the holidays coming up. Things are getting very busy around here. I'll certainly look forward to seeing the builds others submit anyway if I don't end up entering this time.

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
    @Karababy52 Thank you so much for your very lovely and detailed review, it must have taken ages but I promise it is very much appreciated 😊 :)

The wood stove isn’t cc, it’s MOO and a NOCC painting of a fire I made - I can upload it separately if you’d like to use it? I used to use lots of cc and sometimes miss it a lot so when I couldn’t find a fireplace I liked for the room I made one!
    @AlJay thank you for you lovely comments, glad you liked it 😊 (I did post this thanks last night but something definitely does wrong when I use my phone to post and they don’t appear - at least I noticed and re did this one haha). The new challenge looks fun too 😁
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Nice shell! I can't wait to play this. I know exactly what I want it to look like, except now I have a second idea too. LOL. Off to design.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    I usually graph a house on paper before I make it. Much more fun. I can play sims on the go without any computer. Pencil and Erasers are easy to come by!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @AlJay : I like the spa pictures you did for the gallery! Are you planning on doing more of those type? Maybe different yoga poses or zen things? I would love to make a spa.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    @Skyoasis22 I totally used to do the same thing!!
    @joRN1414 I usually make my own pictures for my projects but there are so many great spa related pictures out there, this time I am using other people's work. I never thought about yoga poses though. If I have some extra time I will try and make some.
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    @Skyoasis22 I totally used to do the same thing!!
    @joRN1414 I usually make my own pictures for my projects but there are so many great spa related pictures out there, this time I am using other people's work. I never thought about yoga poses though. If I have some extra time I will try and make some.

I am glad I am not the only one

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top