Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I thought I had submitted my home awhile back. I just realized I haven't
    Oh my goodness! @shakerella that would be a little unsettling to realize.

Stunning build! I especially like the dining room
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    edited April 2020
    @Takissis The trim on hour house is... wow... just, wow! I love it! If you don't mind sharing your magician secrets, how did you accomplish the diamond lattice pattern under the eaves? It looks amazing. Also, that is a super-cute kids' room your daughter helped you with. Nicely done.

My apologies on the delay, I've sort of been out of it for a few days now. Thank you for your kind words. :smile: The trim is actually really quite simple. It's just roofing. Copy the roof you already have in place. I size it down to 1 square wide x the length of the roof (but not really required, just makes it easier for me). Set it aside so you can make multiple copies. Grab a copy and place it at the edge of the roof. Resize one square in on one side. Grab another copy and place in the same place. Resize it in on the other side by one square.

Rinse and repeat until you have the design you want. Play with the eaves in and out as needed. Change the size in length for multiples. I had originally a more latticed look, but it looked too busy for what I wanted to do. The most important thing is to make sure enough sticks out to see it beyond the original roof.

I'm still playing with it and trying new ideas. I've seen some awesome roofing that I can't quite find a way to duplicate yet, so I keep trying.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited April 2020
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM Lovely Sulani home. I especially love the fireplace room. It is beautiful and inviting :love:

@shakerella I really like the color scale in your classic Victorian home. It seems warm and cozy <3

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,341 Member
    Takissis wrote: »
    @Takissis The trim on hour house is... wow... just, wow! I love it! If you don't mind sharing your magician secrets, how did you accomplish the diamond lattice pattern under the eaves? It looks amazing. Also, that is a super-cute kids' room your daughter helped you with. Nicely done.

My apologies on the delay, I've sort of been out of it for a few days now. Thank you for your kind words. :smile: The trim is actually really quite simple. It's just roofing. Copy the roof you already have in place. I size it down to 1 square wide x the length of the roof (but not really required, just makes it easier for me). Set it aside so you can make multiple copies. Grab a copy and place it at the edge of the roof. Resize one square in on one side. Grab another copy and place in the same place. Resize it in on the other side by one square.

Rinse and repeat until you have the design you want. Play with the eaves in and out as needed. Change the size in length for multiples. I had originally a more latticed look, but it looked too busy for what I wanted to do. The most important thing is to make sure enough sticks out to see it beyond the original roof.

I'm still playing with it and trying new ideas. I've seen some awesome roofing that I can't quite find a way to duplicate yet, so I keep trying.

@Takissis What an interesting idea! That never would have occurred to me. I'll have to play with this. Thanks for the explanation.

@shakerella Beautiful house! I really like the crafts room and the dining room.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2020
    shakerella wrote: »
    I thought I had submitted my home awhile back. I just realized I haven't. Glad I checked!

Challenge Number: BB6
    Origin ID: shakerella
    Gallery Name of Build: Red Brick Court
    Gallery Link: Gallery Link
    Link to slideshow: imgur
    Additional Notes: 3 bedrooms. 3 bathrooms. Craft Room. Basement. LOTS of Packs used!! nocc
    Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)
    nJz71Mi.jpg
    9SVLpXn.jpg
    A craft room!!

This is stunning @shakerella! The exterior is awesome and the interior matches perfectly. Rich, classic and homely.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    I got so caught up in making my curved pool today that I nearly forgot that it is the end of the month!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to create such wonderful entries for this month’s challenge. I have really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful Victorian homes!

@icanhassims Your Classic Victorian home is so very beautiful! I really like the flowers that you have added to the exterior of the house. It makes it feel like springtime :) It is nice that you were able to keep the house fairly similar to the blueprint, other than a few plumbing upgrades. The wallpapers that you have chosen suit the house very nicely and I really like that you have added a game room to the second floor! Very nice job!

@pearlbh Your Victorian house looks great! I like that you chose to have a brick deck and the greenhouse in the back is such a great idea! The neutral walls on the main floor look very nice with your choice of flooring and the dark wood accents give the house a nice contrast. I think it is nice that each bedroom has its own personality. Very well done!

@vanee4 Your Historic Victorian home looks wonderful! I love that you made the roof blue and that the columns on the deck match. It looks so nice together! Great job in making the house with smaller dimensions, that can be difficult. You made it work well! I like the dark wood floors that you have, and it is a very nice idea to extend the kitchen into the “skinny room” The second floor looks lovely as well and it is good that you have made one of the bedrooms into an office. Great job!

@LionessInMN Country rose Tudor is a very nice house! I love the siding you chose and that you have lots of flowers and plants on the exterior. The roof detail is great and I absolutely love the hot spring pool and the gazebo. The interior is so nice with the blue accents that you have chosen. I like the way you have designed the kitchen and the dining area. The basement is looks like a great place to have some fun :) You have added so much detail on the inside! Very well done!

@Takissis Your Victorian with a guest house looks so pretty! I really like the yellow choice of siding and it looks so nice with the way you have made your roofs so decorative! The fence suits the house nicely and it is great that you added a guest house to the property! I like the wood and wallpaper paneling that you used in the entry and the carpet in the Living room is great! I think that it is wonderful that your daughter helped with the kid’s bedroom. I think it turned out wonderful (In my opinion, you can never have too much purple) The artwork you used is so nice and it is great that you have made an art room. Very nicely done!

@Becka28 Your Grand Victorian House is beautiful! I love the hedge and the greenery in the yard I especially like the statue and the fountain! Your windows and columns make this house look so elegant. The soft colors on the interior really make the house seem cozy and inviting. Great use of space on the main floor. I like that you added the study area. The second floor looks very nice as well. I think it is great that you have turned one of the bedrooms into a home gym. Again, great use of colors! Great job!

@MonaSolstraale Your Playfull Victorian Villa is so creative! Great idea to use Pippi’s villa for inspiration! I love the pink and yellow colors on the outside and that you have added so many fun things to do in the yard. The hedge and fence combo is great as well as the greenhouse. Inside the house is simply wonderful! I love all the colors! I can’t get over all the wonderful little details! You have done such a wonderful job on this house! (Side note- it’s just missing the horse! We definitely need horses in the game)

@GlacierSnow your Old House Restaurant is such a great idea! The bright color of the outside makes the Restaurant seem so very inviting and the garden area is great especially with the outdoor seating! The eclectic look of the interior is so nice. It is great that each room is so unique. I love that you made the basement a storage room and wine cellar. The room with the bar is great as well! This restaurant looks like the sims really are enjoying their time there. Great work!

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM Your Victorian Sulani Mansion looks wonderful! I like the way you solved that miserable trim problem on the house. The entrance of your house is great! The wood exterior is perfect for Sulani and I like that you have a flower arranging table on the deck. The main floor is nicely done as well. I especially like the corner shelf in the living room and the other living room looks so sunny and cozy. The second floor is designed very nicely. My favorite is the bedroom with the green carpet :) Very well done!

@shakerella Red brick Court looks so nice! I like the combination of the brick and the siding that you used on the exterior. The trim around the house is a very nice touch as well. The basement makes a very nice gym and is a great place for the laundry room. On the main floor I love the flooring that you have chosen. You have made this house look so grand. The second floor is lovely as well. Changing the one bedroom into a large bathroom was a good idea and great idea to have a craft room! Great job!

I'll be back tomorrow with a new challenge! Goodnight everyone :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you, @AlJay. Looking forward to the next challenge. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited May 2020
    hours and hours and hours and DENIED! My build is 11MB and will not fit on the gallery. I would gladly share with you but it won't let me. For those who are curious, I still made a slideshow.
    5btndbo.png

edit:
    I have taken out a few items so this build will fit on the gallery 'not exactly as advertised' some of the art, chimneys and boiler room in the slide show had to be removed.

Painted Queen bb6 lite
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER, this happened to me before. The gallery won't let you upload a lot over 10MB if I remember correctly. In my lot, it was all the paint by reference paintings that added up. You may have to take some things out...maybe some paint by reference paintings and replace those with in game paintings (which I think take up less memory). Good luck!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    You’re home is very lovely! @JojoMOMSTER :) I looked at the slideshow and each area and room of the build is designed and furnished in a very lovely way!
    As lsnishi said, the gallery doesn’t allow builds to be uploaded that are over 10mb.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER i love your build and how you write about the home on your slideshow. I was really drawn into the story of the house.
    May Challenge

tavzwzl.jpg

The challenge for May is to use this blueprint to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget for this build. Please do not use any custom content and hashtag with #BB7 and #aljay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. If you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – May Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with this month!
    @jojoMOMSTER Painted Queen is a very beautiful Victorian themed home. I’m sorry that after all that work you were not able to upload it to the gallery. You have decorated your home very nicely. The yard looks great and I especially love the carriage/guest house with the greenhouse that you have added. Very cute gazebo! The inside looks so warm and inviting and I love all the artwork that you have used on the walls, I’m glad that my music art was helpful for you. Great story and family that you have created to live in your house 😊
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for your kindness @lsnishi @rosemow @Becka28 @Aljay. I will will try some culling a bit later and see if I can upload.
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

Challenge Number: 7
    Origin ID: pearlbh
    Gallery Name of Build:BB May 20
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8F50405F8D6011EA8911335C231BF121
    Additional Notes: For May I decided to do something retro with lots of objects from Get Famous and the Bowling pack. I had in mind a family with twins of either gender.

05-03-20-1-07-10-PM.jpg

05-03-20-1-07-35-PM.jpg

This looks great @pearlbh
    BB May 20 is a lovely family home! @pearlbh :) Very nice mid century modern style and the yellow exterior colour is lovely! The flower box window and flowers near the front door are pretty! Very nice sitting area on the front porch to enjoy sitting in the outdoors air. The kids backyard play area is great! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The floor rugs are a nice touch. Very nice study desks in the bedrooms. It is nice that you have designed the kids bedroom for twins.
    It is a very nice retro themed family home :)
    Challenge Number: 7
    Gallery name of room and link: Small Family Home
    Origin id: icanhassims
    Screenshots:
    05-04-20-2-37-50-pm_orig.png
    05-04-20-2-30-02-pm.png

Common Areas (2 photos)
    05-04-20-2-30-37-pm.png
    05-04-20-2-30-54-pm.png

Bedrooms (3 photos)
    05-04-20-2-32-50-pm.png
    05-04-20-2-33-27-pm.png
    05-04-20-2-34-47-pm.png

Outdoor Areas (2 photos)
    05-04-20-2-30-27-pm.png
    05-04-20-2-35-18-pm.png

Small Family Home is a lovely home! @icanhassims :) Very nice exterior design and pretty flowers on front porch and flowers garden bed! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and dining outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The blue and white colours are very nice, Lovely armchairs and sofa fireplace sitting area to enjoy chatting, listening to music and watching tv near the fire. The floor rug is nice. Very nice kitchen design and wall patterning. Very beautiful pink colour scheme of one of the bedrooms! The corner reading nook in the room. is very nice. Pretty patterned curtains in the other bedroom and very nice computer study desk area.
    It is a very nice home for a family :)
    @icanhassims your house looks very nice!
    Thank you both, @rosemow and @AlJay!
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I commented on everyone's bb6 gallery link. Sorry so late! Love your homes and how they are all the same house but totally different!

@JojoMOMSTER I think I love everything about your house. The guest house is amazing. Love the greenhouse addition to it. The fence, the drive, the gazebo, the house!! The story..goodbye city apartment! It is a beautiful home! Too bad it won't go on the gallery!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    @shakerella thank you so much for your kind words on the gallery! I often over-criticize my builds so it's nice to hear that they come across so well. :)
    Thanks oh so much @shakerella for your kind comment about my build. Ima kinda blushing. I did manage to upload the lite version. The link is is my original post. It’s missing the boiler room and I took some art of of the bathrooms.
    edited May 2020
    It was very great that you were able to upload a lite version of your lovely home! @JojoMOMSTER :) It is such a very lovely designed and furnished home! Each area is the build is very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top