Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dorms: Apartment, Penthouse, or regular lot?

We don't know anything about the living situation for Discover University yet. Many are speculating dorms might be like apartments with loading screens between rooms(I hope not). If dorms are not like regular residential lots that we can build I at least hope they are like penthouses which we can build. Building/customizing my own dorm is something I really want to be able to do. How do you think it will work?

Comments

• KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    I am guessing it would be like sims 3 university style of choosing a dorm.. but I'm desperately hoping that they would add the room mate patch in base game.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    KerrahSim wrote: »
    I am guessing it would be like sims 3 university style of choosing a dorm.. but I'm desperately hoping that they would add the room mate patch in base game.

We've had ROOMMATES in the game from the base game. ROOMMATE is what any sims who are in the same household but not related, are called. It's right there in the CAS.

Now, if what you want is someone to share expenses then I'm thinking what you want is a RENTER that shares the bills. It's very important with these slippery devs to use the proper words to fit what you want. If a dev reads your want of a roommate, they will mutter to themselves that we have roommates already and move on to ignoring someone else.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm hoping it's a shared lot rental system which they could expand on for future vacation packs - giving us hotels etc.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I would like them to use the Sims 2 rental/ roommate system, with unplayable roommates and being able to build your own dorms. But I highly doubt they will be able to do it. The apartments in City Living were a bore, and frankly I don't expect them to go above and beyond for this pack. Most likely you'll have to go through a loading screen just to visit the dorm next to yours. I wouldn't get your hopes up :'(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In TS2, it seemed like the programming for dorms, hotel rooms, and apartments came from a similar base. And in TS3, the dorms worked similarly to the WA base camps. So I don't really expect any different in TS4. Dorms will likely have the same setup as CL apartments
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    In TS2, it seemed like the programming for dorms, hotel rooms, and apartments came from a similar base. And in TS3, the dorms worked similarly to the WA base camps. So I don't really expect any different in TS4. Dorms will likely have the same setup as CL apartments

Although sad and unfortunate, this is what is the usual heading for packs like this are, and are recycling old code and repurposing it, gussy it up and call it a new system but we won't be fooled so easily. The practices are clear and evident in every single pack made, it just all depends on whether this is a better use of old systems or worse. Don't even get me started on the potential bugs too; we might see the return of some very nasty old apartment-related bugs that could find their way into the dorm system too, the same as nasty old vampire bugs that wound their way into casters as well, since it was clear where they ripped off the coding for them from.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png