Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Affairs with Professors

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We know nothing about the map of Britechester or how many (if any) lots there are to build on. If there is one lot that I can build on, I'd like to build an old, large Victorian (like you see in college movies) where my single professor will live. I'm guessing that the teaching career is a rabbit hole (which I want) so I'll "pretend" that he is a college professor. In his down time, he will mentor students. I'll have him be the leader of a study group club that meet at his house. Maybe it will be possible for the group to do debates among themselves or/and him to give lectures. Every semester, he will choose one student to be his assistant with special privileges. ;);) This will be the student that he has an affair with which will change every semester.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2019
    I KNOW RIGHT! Love that idea :D

PS, I once tried that in TS3 to see what would happen but I don't think it had any effect on my sim's grades, it'd be amazing if it does this time, like if there was an interaction where you can "influence" your professor to give you a higher grade by using your flirting skills, that'd be awesome.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    In Sims 2 you could bump up your grade by having a romance with the professor.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd love it to be like it was in Sims 2 also... but considering today's climate it would probably be considered offensive so I'm not holding out hope for better grades for romance. I still plan on making students that will woo their way through school either way.. If we get to meet our professors ect I'm sure I can tell whatever story I want to anyway in my own game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Some of those Sims 2 professors were good marriage material. In my Veronaville, Antonio Monty married Professor Wanda, whom his nephew had met at uni. So developing romantic interest between our sims and the professors doesn't neccesarily imply selfish interest.
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Or if the professor rejects your flirting you could get sent to the headmaster's office and get expelled!! Or if you are a teacher you may get a pop up saying "[teacher's name] wants to bring [student's name] home. Will you allow it?] Or it can be something completely autonomous without you interfering at all. Or you could blackmail your teacher with incriminating pics of them and another student doing illicit things in the shower...
    giphy.gif
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Some of those Sims 2 professors were good marriage material. In my Veronaville, Antonio Monty married Professor Wanda, whom his nephew had met at uni. So developing romantic interest between our sims and the professors doesn't neccesarily imply selfish interest.

Antonio Monty <3 Man TS2, I miss the Capp vs Monty feud.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Really it is not a theme beyond teen rate?!

I guess seeing current social view, if not ilicit at least should be not for T rating a professor having romance with his students.

For less, i was banned due raising rating
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    More than likely not lol but I’m sure it wouldn’t be long before the mod community gets to work on that.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I usually just had a sim meet their future spouses at Uni in Sims3. I may have tried that once, but didn't really see many professors in Sims3 that made me want that. I do however like the idea, but I hope they don't tank the grades just for that one interaction, because some simmers might not want to chance it especially playing many times. That would take the fun out of it for me as it would make it hard to get the grades you want for your sims. I don't think one should hurt the other. Otherwise, I would like to play that out as a student and as one simmer said above as a professor.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    he is a college professor. In his down time, he will mentor students. I'll have him be the leader of a study group club that meet at his house.

I love the idea of the study group; hope they make that a possibility.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Y'all should ask this question in the Discover University Question Thread on here. I've linked it to SimGuruFrost and Lydsney on Twitter for the Livestream and Frost replied in it Today.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I remember trying that once and woohoo gives a huge bump. :joy: It's even easier with the drama professors because they're automatically in love with everyone they meet. Just make sure not to flirt with anyone else in their presence :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I never did that with any of my students in any Uni - and my sims all got top grades without it. So it really doesn't make much difference unless you sims student don't do their required school work. Half the professors are on the elder side in past sims games and I was not into young college students and elder professors anyway. But I did not see where mixing college life up with old professors was any fun either. I concentrated on required school work and my sims finding the love of their lives - and just being friends with their professors - not love interests.

Just being friends with the professors seemed to get my students good grades without any disgusting moments thrown in. I find the thought repulsive on both sides of the coin... and unnecessary for my game play anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am picking up what you all are putting down and I hope this is a thing too. I hate drama in real life, but I love creating it in my sims lives! 😈
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Lol, I never played with this plotline. Actually, in the TS2 days, I mainly played one random but bookish family, the Sandsleys. They were upwardly mobile and moved into a progressively bigger house. That's basically all I did though I had fun with it. I'm thinking I should bring them back in a newer version.

Anyway, while I'll admit that this thought hasn't crossed my mind, I have no issue with it being an option. I like a fairly less restricted game. I think that if this does show up in my game, it would be mostly heartbreak for the parties involved. They would need to suffer a while and if the professor is found out, it would ruin his or her reputation.

You do you, other players. Lol. I'm all for people being able to play how they want as long as it doesn't restrict me either.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    Jerrello wrote: »
    More than likely not lol but I’m sure it wouldn’t be long before the mod community gets to work on that.

It's annoying when we need mods for something that should be included in gameplay. Like come on, lol
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I remember trying that once and woohoo gives a huge bump. :joy: It's even easier with the drama professors because they're automatically in love with everyone they meet. Just make sure not to flirt with anyone else in their presence :joy:

Sims needs a rejection system lmao. Where you can be like "NOPE IM NOT RISKING MY CAREER" lmao
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

It's annoying when we need mods for something that should be included in gameplay. Like come on, lol

They told us from day one of S4 that this version will be very CC and MOD friendly and they would be willing to help sort out any problems. What we didn't know then was that they would be relying on CC and MODS to flesh out their game so that they won't need to.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They told us from day one of S4 that this version will be very CC and MOD friendly and they would be willing to help sort out any problems. What we didn't know then was that they would be relying on CC and MODS to flesh out their game so that they won't need to.

Well as someone who creates mods, I get that feeling!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Sims needs a rejection system lmao. Where you can be like "NOPE IM NOT RISKING MY CAREER" lmao

Lol, that makes sense. But I remember how the university admin in TS2 never really cared about professor-student relationships, or any grade boosts resulting from it. :D Which kind of makes you think what kind of college experience the Maxis people back then had 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Endless flirting ruins my game. Romantic sims are a danger to married couples.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Y'all nasty. :lol:
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    A secret romance with a very handsome Adult Professor & his beautiful smart Student & after she graduates from University the Professor marries her.
    And they live Happily Ever After.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Y'all should ask this question in the Discover University Question Thread on here. I've linked it to SimGuruFrost and Lydsney on Twitter for the Livestream and Frost replied in it Today.

I went ahead and asked myself.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    If yall think the sims 4 is even capable of this 🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(