Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

123457...Next

Comments

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think it will end soon because they can't seem to come with anything new they just keep making the same things and they keep using Sims 3 for everything and previous sims games. We still don't have cars and a closed world Sims walk around like they did in pre historic times.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I think 2020 will be the final FULL year for the Sims 4. I expect we'll get at least 1 more if not 2 more EPS, same for Game Packs. Stuff packs who knows, there's the community vote one but I'm wondering if there will be another. I think it's possible though that we might see one or two content (paid or free) releases in 2021, but not too far into that year.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My guess is that it'll last through 2022. I'm okay either way. I love sims 4 but it feels mostly complete now to me and while I would love it to go on forever, if it ended with the coming knitting pack I could still play it as is for many years and hey, I'd save money not buying new content all the time lol 😂

I do have a personal wish list...

Free babies
    Non mutual relationships
    Sim Olympics
    Preteens and preschoolers

But I can play without if we never get them.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2019
    My guess is that it'll last through 2022. I'm okay either way. I love sims 4 but it feels mostly complete now to me and while I would love it to go on forever, if it ended with the coming knitting pack I could still play it as is for many years and hey, I'd save money not buying new content all the time lol 😂

Free babies
    Non mutual relationships
    Sim Olympics

No thanks. Far from complete. Merely most of themes from previous versions have been covered in some kind of way. Only thing I'm concerned about is the increasing complexity in regards to bugs.

No arcades, no gambling or card games, still uncharted areas to explore and vacation, no ability to buy a vacation house yet, farming, expansion on younger life themes, and certainly ideas that perhaps haven't even been explored in packs released in previous versions. (Oh, and simply introducing knitting leaves many more options for hobbies).
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

Free babies
    Non mutual relationships
    Sim Olympics

No thanks. Far from complete. Merely most of themes from previous versions have been covered in some kind of way. Only thing I'm concerned about is the increasing complexity in regards to bugs.

No arcades, no gambling or card games, still uncharted areas to explore and vacation, no ability to buy a vacation house yet, farming, expansion on younger life themes, and certainly ideas that perhaps haven't even been explored in packs released in previous versions. (Oh, and simply introducing knitting leaves many more options for hobbies).

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, I have a huge list of stuff that I would love to see added (card games are a thing already though, btw! If you have the don't knock the llama game table or whatever it is called it converts to a card table and Sims can play card against each other)

World Adventures is high on my list too actually.

BUT I also love it how it is. It's my fav of the series and if it DOES end without me getting those things, I'm still going to be able to play happily for a long time. So while I hope it goes on forever, if it doesn't, I'll still stick with it. No interest in switching to 5.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    With the constant disappointments, I hope so.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

Free babies
    Non mutual relationships
    Sim Olympics

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, I have a huge list of stuff that I would love to see added (card games are a thing already though, btw! If you have the don't knock the llama game table or whatever it is called it converts to a card table and Sims can play card against each other)

World Adventures is high on my list too actually.

BUT I also love it how it is. It's my fav of the series and if it DOES end without me getting those things, I'm still going to be able to play happily for a long time.
    So while I hope it goes on forever, if it doesn't, I'll still stick with it. No interest in switching to 5.

I feel exactly the same. I'm really excited for 2020 and if that's the final year I'll have more than enough content to keep me going. Unlike you though I've never met a Sims'game I didn't like so I'm also excited for Sims 5. 😃
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    [...] After TS4, I certainly have less trust in EA to create a good experience for this franchise, but I simply think more can be done with a new base game rather than continue dragging out this one.

This!!!!
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    [...]The Sims series cannot continue if EA doesn't catch up with the technology that's available now. Technology continually evolves, yet the Sims series is years behind in how it utilizes that new technology.

And this!!!
    Post edited by mcorral on