With the confirmation of Discover University, simmers are already looking forward to future expansions and I've noticed an uptick in interest for an expansion based on generations.
So, I'd like to discuss what people are hoping to see in a generational themed expansion.
Some of my ideas:
- More CAS assets for toddlers, children, teens, and elders.
- More piercings and tattoos
- An elder walk style that requires a cane
- Body hair and more beards
- Traits like Daredevil and Shy
- More aspirations for children
- More teen friendly aspirations
- More family connection choices
- bunk beds
- tree house
- hop scotch
- chalk drawing area (like CL spray painting area)
- jump rope
- scrapbooking station
- more instruments/band equipment
- dress up trunk
- board games
- With the scrapbooking station you'd be able to take your pictures and organize them with captions in a book like the spellbook in ROM. Your sims could then pick it up and look through it or you could just click and open it to look through it yourself.
- Grandparents should have a special relationship with their grandchildren with unique interactions. A few examples: give life advice (child gets inspired buff), spoil rotten (kid gets a cookie and gets an energized buff), pinch cheek (kid gets angry or uncomfortable)
- In fact every generation should have unique interactions based on how they are related and their relationship strength.
- New events: family reunion, graduation party, baby shower, funeral.
- New lot type: graveyard.
- Cross generational actives such as dressing up together, playing games together, or mentoring another with a lower skill than you (right now you have to be level 10 in a skill to be able to mentor and it's limited to just a few skills).
- The ability for teens and up to form a band together and play privately or out in public.
- More romantic interactions. This could be a gamepack unto itself, but a romantic slow dance and spooning in bed could possibly fit this theme.
Something I'd love to see patched in with a pack like this is the ability to see how another sim is related to you sim by hovering your mouse over them. You can do this with the family tree and it would be nice if under their name it would say cousin, aunt/uncle, grandparent, etc. I have a large legacy family right now and sometimes it's hard to remember who's who.
I don't want them to add any new life stages. I feel it will just take time and resources away from the current life stages that need attention.
I'm also OK if they don't release a world with this pack if it means all the resources are poured into game play and fleshing out the sims.
This is getting long so I'll stop here. Please share your ideas, hopes, and desires for a generational themed expansion down below.