Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Sims 5 have a story line.

I am not saying I want a liner sims but do you think The Sims 5 will have more of a storyline something like Strangerville or The X-Files or Where's Bella (Sims 3 chaps)of course it’s totally optional and you can totally ignore the story but if you did play the story your sims could find some cool items of buffs that could be useful in the game. What do you think would you like to see something like that.

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Hopefully Sims 5 will be more of a sandbox game like Sims 1 was....I really don't want my Sims game to be an RPG like Strangerville. RPGs belong in gamea like Minecraft and Final Fantasy,not in a Sims game
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope not. Or if it does, give us the choice.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think that if Sims 5 is to be really impressive, it needs to be really flexible. The player will need to be able to choose the set up and the game will need to cater to the different major playstyles.

I think what we saw with the creation of the story mode sims is more in line with how it might go. By that, I mean, when the player loads a new game, they tell the game how they will play it whether that's focusing on one sim, one family or a rotation. There would be the option to have story progression or a completely blank world with no story progression where the player fills it or the game generates townies (possibly based on the player's specifications). The player could then later shift the style of the game progression in the settings.

If it caters too heavily to one play style, it will end up back in the same position as the other versions.

I enjoy how my own game is going. I'm exploring some of the packs further and things are getting more interesting for me. I have no need to move onto a new game any time soon, but I'll look at how things actually play out.

I know the old pattern but if they kill TS4 shortly after university, I'll be disappointed. I'm definitely not ready to start over again right now and I want to see new content. If that new content is in an entirely new game that starts all over, I'm just not there now. Whether I'll get there? I don't know. I'll make that decision based on how things are handled. As it is, I've set up an entertaining game and I'm playing that for the time being.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    the sims5 needs to be customise so it can fit each player play style and taste like for exemple if players went aging fully off like sims1 and play sims4 style it will be there as an option if plyers went to play sims2 sims 3 style its the same in my toughs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh I hope not. I don't have Strangerville for that exact reason.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited October 2019
    If it's done like Strangerville, count me in. If it's more along the lines of the Life stories or Medieval, then I'm not going to touch that "game" with a ten foot pole.

Especially I do not want storylines tied to certain households. If I decidede to adopt a premade household, I want to make them mine, not play out what the devs want me to experience. For example it is implied that Jacques Villareal killed his wife for the inheritance, while in most of my saves they simply broke up over different world views and sometimes get together again.

It would be nice if you could choose from several templates when you create a household in CAS and then in life mode the game starts the story. Templates could be "This sim's wife is missing, find out where she went" and you slap that on a male or female sim and also define which of the kids (if any) are of the missing sim. Maybe the wife was an alien all along and only on earth to study humankind, in this case the children will later show signs of that heritage. Or she was abducted by a criminal syndicate that will force your sim to do their bidding (at the very least regular payments until the wife is rescued). That way the player keeps full control over their sims, but can still opt into a storyline.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd be open to it, if it were optional and the Sims involved in the story could be removed/altered.

I actually liked the interesting backstories TS2 established each premade Sim. Unfortunately, TS3 was quite messy with how it treated the story, and TS4 just didn't care at all. As a result, there just is little to no identity to The Sims and its characters.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Sims 2 is what I was thinking of
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If I wanted story- lined (linear) games I would play console games and play stuff like Mass Effect,Call of Duty, or those St. James games, etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't know about an offical storyline but I know for a fact that my game WILL have a story line going :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    When I say a story line I mean like The Sims 3 I suppose I mean Lore and background think Elder Scrolls shour you can play the story,but you can also spend all your time in the bar or blacksmith ignoring the story 100% am I making sense?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I wouldn't mind there being some sort of semi-guided, pre-created background story for premade Sims. As long as I have the option to completely ignore it & it's not set up fully like an RPG. If I want an RPG, I go play something else. But having the option there would be interesting.
    I wouldn't mind there being some sort of semi-guided, pre-created background story for premade Sims. As long as I have the option to completely ignore it & it's not set up fully like an RPG. If I want an RPG, I go play something else. But having the option there would be interesting.

see this is exacty what I was trying to get at
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    S4 doesn't. Why start now?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Oh I hope not. I don't have Strangerville for that exact reason.

I have Strangerville but because I hate scripted RPGs (even tabletop D&D does better because in a good game, it's open-ended and the human DM should flex with the players instead of seeking to control them or contain their experience) so until and unless good enough AI could make it possible for RPGs to function as creative exploration instead of quickly finding out that it's really just a preset maze of decision trees, I will continue to shun them. I love strangerville for the build items, some of the music, and the covert ops career, and that's it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I think that would work better in a spinoff series than base game
    I do enjoy the idea of exploring some story on side of my usual sandbox tho
    but I am not quite that fond of rpg style quests and stuff like that so idk : /
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    S4 doesn't. Why start now?
    well S3 and S2 (to a lesser extent) do you can totaly ignore it thought if you want.

• gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    No, but at release it'll have: a toilet, wall, bed, and lawn.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    No, but at release it'll have: a toilet, wall, bed, and lawn.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in toilets being there. If you remember. they left toilets out of an entire town.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hopefully like a Sims 2 storyline because I truly like the premade family backstories in game.
  • hunnybunny382hunnybunny382 Posts: 19 Member
    Hope it has the freerom like sims 3 but the storyline of sims 2
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited October 2019
    doogerie wrote: »

I miss the stories that were established and ran through 1-3. It doesn't affect gameplay necessarily, but I really miss that in Sims 4. I never really even played pre-mades much, other than to marry them. But I loved the creativity, depth, and interest their stories added to my game.
    Having Sims 4 be a separate reality is such a throwaway after 14 years.
    I've been slowly adding Sims 2 Sims and houses to my neighborhood, and trying to give them appropriate stories. As much as you can in Sims 4.

I don't see them going back, but if they did, I do wonder how they'd do it...
    In my imagination, I could see some sort of setup where you get to pick from different neighborhoods, some recreations of old ones and some new. And a family bin that contained all of the old favorites, with their descriptions, and some new families. And a houses bin with old houses and new ones. Basically, I guess I'd want a Sims 5: Nostalgia Edition. Lol. Hmm, maybe I just need them to make a legacy edition for Sims 2?

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

Ohhh gotcha, okay. That would be nice! The stories in Sims 2 were great. :)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would love it if the Sims 5 had some kind of tool where you can create a story for your sims to play through, a whole tool where you can set up certain actions to play out in certain ways, more like a quest creation tool.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I would love it if the Sims 5 had some kind of tool where you can create a story for your sims to play through, a whole tool where you can set up certain actions to play out in certain ways, more like a quest creation tool.

Quest story lines were something they tried with Medieval weren't they? (I haven't played it).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01