Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting Trait Combinations

k7qGJJ7.png?1

I'm experimenting a bit with traits and I've come across an interesting combination that makes my Sim quite the complicated person.

Claudia and James Worthington are a 'happily' married couple. I say happily in inverted commas because while their Romance bar is high, their Friend bar is not (about halfway). Now Claudia's got the 'Jealous' trait, as well as 'Unflirty'. I've not worked with either trait before so this has been interesting to say the least.
James is a politician (the least said about that, the better) and has to schmooze people a lot to get donations for his charity. Whenever he's at work, Claudia's tense moodlet appears and she gets anxious about what he's doing. When he's home, she relaxes so long as there's nobody else around (his flirting with a new resident hasn't helped, I'll admit).
However, when James starts flirting with her, it goes fine but when she was sharing insecurities with a friend (the same neighbour but that's irrelevant at the moment), she mentioned wishing her hubby didn't take things so fast.

So in a nutshell, Claudia's insecure when James isn't around but insecure when he is.

Anyone else found some interesting combination of traits? 55.gif
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    An exhausting trait combination is a couple that both have the jealous trait. I've only done that once, and I couldn't play them very long. But when it comes to having that trait, I find the game more enjoyable when the couple is self-employed, or in one of the careers where they can work from home.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    My favourite sim is gloomy and eccentric coupled with uncontrolled emotion and then soooometimes emotion bomb or w/e it's called from being a celebrity. He's fun to play in that it gives the game a challenge it generally lacks and I appreciate that the game allows for the option of playing someone who isn't neatly neurotypical.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I have a sim who’s dastardly and childish. So, he’s mean, but he has a soft spot for kids.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have a married couple who both have the Hates Children trait. They've never had the whim to try for baby. I invited a child to their home and they both became very angry!

Childish and hot-headed is fun. They spend ages swearing and hitting a cuddly toy!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I've got a gloomy goofball, her moodswings match my own, one minute she's got all the gloom in the world on her shoulders and the next she's up and playful and then hysterical laughing. I shoved her into the comedy career as it seems a lot of comedians have this other side to them and it's a combo I'd have never put together had I not been doing a challenge where you randomize traits. I also like mean and family orientated together too, like I hate the world, but my own are my own.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Yeah, the jealous ones can be exhausting, can't they? It's an interesting one though because it makes for some interesting relationship dynamics.
    @revgrv Crikey, that sounds exhausting if things don't go his way :D
    @QueenofMyshuno That must look quite funny. Mr Mean being all soft with children <3
    @calaprfy Aww, poor child!
    @Bloosmoo I'll bet she's interesting to work with!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have one Sims that have a loner and cheerful traits with Friend of the World aspiration... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4