Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theory: Sims you created showing up as hired npcs. ( Mixologist, Babysitter, Maid...ect.)

GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
I usually play several households at once and recently i noticed that sometimes your sims can show up as service npcs such as Mixologists (even non hired ones), Maids, Handymen and even caterers. At first i thought this was completely random, but now i'm not so sure.

You see, i used console commands to quickly add notable service sims to my family and upon inspecting their skills i noticed that they correspond to whatever service they are performing.

These are the sims i met so far. I listed their name, the service they were chosen for and their skill level in the skill related to the service:

-Eliza Pancakes (Mixologist) (Actual job: Unemployed) (Mixology skill level 8)
-Jenny Cooper (A sim i created alongside her brother) (Caterer) (Actual job: Criminal) (Cooking skill level 9) (note: i personally trained her those 9 levels, cause she was kind of the cook of the duo)
Colette Watters (Mixologist) (Actual job: Mixologist) (Mixology skill level 10) (She's part of the Watters household i made a long time ago. A goth bartender who's been stuck with her little brother after the death of his parents. The Mixology skill was also leveled up to 10 manually during the events of her story)
So yeah, the theory is that if a certain sim has a certain skill level in something, they have a chance of being picked as random service npcs.

Comments

• GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2019
    The family trees were intact upon inspection as well, so these are definitely original sims and not just copies. If this is how the game chooses service npcs, it's pretty rad.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    That's interesting to note. Once I've got some community lots in my BACC, I'll have to watch out for this!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I have noticed this too and don't have any cc or mods.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Before I had mods, Bella Goth’s daughter-in-law showed up once as the caterer for a party at the Goth mansion that she was supposed to be attending, not cooking all the food for.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    yeah noticed this a while back too. Have a household full of level 10 mixologists for bartenders, I’m also careful not to let certain sims have the skill so they don’t show up serving lol
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i thought this was common knowledge whoops
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    edited October 2019
    Just had another encounter. I was recently playing the recreated (by someone on the gallery, aged a bit by me to fit with the timeline) Alto family and i hosted a dinner party at their mansion. They are a rich bunch, so i wanted to make it all really fancy. I hired a caterer and then i hired a piano player. Well, the piano player that popped up was none other than Tyler Wiley, from one of the households i made and was currently playing. A young piano player and singer.

OWVQOxn.png

I really like this feature, it adds depth. I mean, if you had serious skills in something, taking some side jobs relating to them wouldn't be that far fetched.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    So I can potentially influence who gets selected to be NPCs?
    I think I will create a household of highly skilled sims that I would like to see serving those roles.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I had a stay-at-home, traditional mom Sim so I was very surprised to see her show up as an NPC bouncer.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    I didn't know this. But it's great that's skill based instead of totally random.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yeah I thought it works that way. Also, if I create very muscular/buff sims they show up as gym trainers when visiting gyms. :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I have to say I found it rather amusing when the future mother-in-law of one of my Sims showed up as a Bouncer at PBP Studios. Also, her son, the future groom, was the Entertainer hosting the event at another moment in time. Oddly, enough I know I'd already given him an occupation, so that threw me for a bit of a loop. But, it's always fun to see some of my CAS created Sims about the neighborhoods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    According to deaderpool (MCCC developer) that's not really how it works.

TS4-Jobs-vs-Skills.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    the game is a bit relentless with NPC's in that it will force skill levels or generate new ones with the required skill levels whenever it feels necessary. But it isn't supposed to take sims with existing careers or homes and use them for this; that's probably either a bug or mod behavior.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited October 2019
    It's not a bug since it happens all the time and has been happening since i started playing the game in 2016. It's not a mod either cause i don't use cc.

Also, here's Tyler again, playing and singing alongside the Comedian i just hired at my exclusive restaurant/lounge, The Spire:

RlGptrW.png
    7zTOKh0.png

I checked the skill levels after i switched over to the character (after his performance) and they were just as i left them. Singing at 7 and piano at 8.

This Sim is the only one i personally made that has any musical talent, and he's also the only sim i made that ever shows to play piano.
  • PrisinkiaPrisinkia Posts: 21 Member
    yep I knew this and it's annoying. because the game has taken several of my sims and made them quit their jobs by themselves to become NPCs. Sometimes it also raises or lower their skills too. It shouldn't be doing all that with my own sims.
    My sims are untouched despite being chosen for services, though =P.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    in my previous Swanson Legacy Juliet (the birth mother of Gen 6) showed up as the musian for Sergio's wedding to Vienne Calentine- I was playing the Grant family at that time for plot reasons.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Vlad showed up as a bouncer lol! I had put him in the musician career. My vampire sim had taken his wife out on a date and there was Vlad in all his bouncer glory. Vlad and my vanpire sim are immortal enemies and that resulted in quite the brawl
    edited October 2019
    Like i said, pretty sure the selection is skill based, not career based.

Pretty funny to hear about the Vlad situation, though.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I actually love this!

Seeing a sim I played doing an NPC job is always fun!
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Can confirm. on my newest playthrough with Tobias Lancaster, Don Lothario and Moira Fyres were made primary stall vendors with Dennis Kim filling in when Don isn't around. I saw Marcus Flex as a Gym Trainer in Skye Gym. I've also seen Nina Caliente and Eric Lewis playing musical instruments on the street as street performers.

Before that i haven't seen any of them do it.