Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Discover University' will FINALLY bring back toilet stalls, public showers, and shower woohoo!

During the trailer, there's a part when a college student is crying in the bathroom stall:

RjmQqkM.jpg

s0eoHgq.jpg

40iaXBK.jpg

Later on, we see two Sims entering a shower (out in the open) to woohoo:

u8IswvI.jpg

y6iultc.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but these three features are LONG overdue! I'm so happy to be seeing them make a return! :smiley: Even if these are such minor details, I'm still excited! :heart:
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Dude, I wholeheartedly agree. Uni is a perfect pack to release both!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you can already use the showers from Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat as public showers.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Woohoo! Not the game kind, the cheering kind :D. I was way more excited about the bathroom stalls than I think I really should have been. I honestly like everything I've seen so far.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you can already use the showers from Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat as public showers.

To my knowledge, every shower we've gotten in the game so far needs to be separated into tiny little rooms within the locker room... otherwise, they'll get an "embarrassed" moodlet if someone else is in the room with them while using one.

But, I never specifically tried those shower options, so maybe I'm wrong... I guess I'll have to double check.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

To my knowledge, every shower we've gotten in the game so far needs to be separated into tiny little rooms within the locker room... otherwise, they'll get an "embarrassed" moodlet if someone else is in the room with them while using one.

But, I never specifically tried those shower options, so maybe I'm wrong... I guess I'll have to double check.

I’m pretty sure this is a long time bug. When the game first released in 2014, Sims can use any showers on community lots freely without getting embarrassing (you can find lots of old let’s play videos on YouTube to prove this). Sometime in 2015 they broke it and it has never been fixed since.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

Nope like said, the Spa Day and OR showers work differently. I don't know why it's not advertised.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm loving the look of it so far - it's the little details that make the game and add the depth of gameplay. I'd much rather a pack filled with little details than one that is filled with big concepts but empty gameplay. I sooo hope University helps bring us the depth we need :)
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Never mind that. It looks like we will finally be getting Servos. I hope they do a proper job of them & give some depth to their mechanics, like the Plumbots from ITF
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't really understand the excitement over toilet stalls. Why are people so excited for them? I feel weird for not understanding. :D
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    @Sharonia I think it's because people are tired of building public restrooms on their community lots with half walls. Half walls that don't go down when you put the rest of the walls down. Plus, it's just faster to have stalls you can just place from buy mode instead of having to build them. I hope the stalls have at least a black, gray, and white swatch. Any other colors are just bonus. Granted I will admit that the excitement over a toilet stall is a little excessive when you think about the fact that there was a robot in the trailer as well.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2019
    They can make community lots more realistic.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't really understand the excitement over toilet stalls. Why are people so excited for them? I feel weird for not understanding. :D