Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• 1212play1212play Posts: 7 New Member
    Foxbury Issues
    I've played a sim through Foxbury and there is a lot of area's SimGuru's should consider fix's in future updates.

1. Food stalls: every time i clicked my sim to order the food stalls shut down. they stay open for townies and close for player controlled sims even if they just opened.

2. Foxbury Commons Food Cafeteria: Order food is greyed out every time player controlled sim tries to order food unless a Townie sim is hungry and orders first if no townies order it shuts even if my sim is so red in the hunger commodity.

3. Dorm Food Post update on the 13th: Townies only bring 1 or 2 plates of food every 24 hours it's delivered while player controlled sims are at class or asleep and is off by the time my sim wakes or got home, the same as before the update but less. The food is unhealthy cakes and biscuits mainly.

4. Dorm suggestion: Dorms come with the pre food fridge from scientist career. Salad and club sandwiches are more filling and healthier than bar fridge food.

5. Toilets: Rabbit-hole Toilets are required near Foxbury classrooms and Sports Centre.

6. Go to Class: Go to class cuts out repeatedly, go to class from career panel only shows after class has started.
    Requirement: click on sim option to go to class at anytime while enrolled at Uni.

The walk for my sim is 2 hours using the bike was 2.5 hours the excessives stairs are a design
    functionality flaw.

7. Presentations: when sim is sent into rabbit-hole classroom to give a presentation and timer indicates a
    presentation is being done it should be recognised by foxbury institute not left in inventory
    unbeknown to sim controller.

8. Foxbury commons robot machine maker: while making robots townie sims all like to say hello, first hello
    results in shock second hello results in death; either stop the
    electrocutions or stop interruptions that lead to harm or death.

townies leave unfinished robots on machine indefinitely please clean up
    machine overnight so others may use it.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Tried turning the dorms into private homes, because I don't need that much student space, but have a lot of sims & needed more housing space. It works fine if you don't mind random sims barging in all the time (which I do). Even with the private dwelling trait there's no way to make them private. Too bad we can't lock the elevators or do a shift + click to make unwanted sims go away.

Edit-I'm stupid. I realized I could build an entryway around the elevator & mailbox, & lock the door to that. Well then, I guess I have no complaints!

If you have MC Command Center you can click on the sim you want to have go away and click "make leave" in the pie menu options and they do. I use it on vampires a lot. Also when my famous sims have acquaintances that just barge in for no reason. Also useful for welcome wagons. I highly recommend. It gives you the "I'm god and this is my plan" abilities EA should have lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Tried turning the dorms into private homes, because I don't need that much student space, but have a lot of sims & needed more housing space. It works fine if you don't mind random sims barging in all the time (which I do). Even with the private dwelling trait there's no way to make them private. Too bad we can't lock the elevators or do a shift + click to make unwanted sims go away.

Edit-I'm stupid. I realized I could build an entryway around the elevator & mailbox, & lock the door to that. Well then, I guess I have no complaints!

If you have MC Command Center you can click on the sim you want to have go away and click "make leave" in the pie menu options and they do. I use it on vampires a lot. Also when my famous sims have acquaintances that just barge in for no reason. Also useful for welcome wagons. I highly recommend. It gives you the "I'm god and this is my plan" abilities EA should have lol

I had trouble getting MC, and it's got too many different settings for my liking anyway. I prefer single purpose mods to weed out some of the annoyances without changing the game play too much. But this isn't really a big issue with me, building the entryway helped, and I don't really have any problems with barging in anywhere else. And it was amusing to trap one of the sims on the balcony, change her into her winter clothes on a hot day & watch her suffer and die. >:)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MrsGuillebeauMrsGuillebeau Posts: 4 New Member
    My primary annoyance is when two of my Sim's classes are scheduled too close together--one ends at 9:25AM and the next begins at 9:30AM, for example--and it takes more than half their class time to get into the building for the second class. I had a Sim who did ALL her work, studied a lot, never missed a class, and because she showed up late to her final exam due to the scheduling problem (which was not MY fault) she got a D+ in the class. Seems wrong to me.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    logion wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    That being said, there's one hair in CAS that's missing two swatches. It has 16 instead of the usual 18, and one of the missing swatches was the dark brown my university-fairing sim has.
    NdSaa36.png
    Oh yeah colors are missing for teens. How on earth would that even happen ?

Here to complain about robotics today. The required parts number is ridiculous, it's not even fun hard it's straight up stupid. It's made artificially longer but without bringing anything interesting to the gameplay.
    Who thought "let's make them queue up the same action repeatedly for hours on end" was something the game needed ? Even the zapping adds nothing, just add a couch near the robotics station, nap for 10 sim!minutes, moodlet is gone, rinse, repeat.
    It's just boring. I had realistic expectations for that skill but nope, still disappointed.

I agree, littlemssams mods for robotics are essential for this. She has made mods where you can buy multiple upgrade parts, zapping is reduced and you will craft faster when you have a higher robotics skill. Things that I think Maxis should have made themselves tbh

Do you remember what the mod was called? I'm trying to play a sim who's trying to build robots, but crafting is way to expensive, takes too long and she keeps getting shocked. xP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Love your suggestions @1212play especially the addition of a “Go to Class” button that appears prior to the start of class. Also the one about adding some bathroom shacks around campus!
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    The short conclusion I've made myself after wasting to much of my precious time on this garbage - it's broken beyond playable for rotational gameplay. And as cannot imagine another kind of gameplay in "The Sims", for now, this is just wasting of your time and money.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    My primary annoyance is when two of my Sim's classes are scheduled too close together--one ends at 9:25AM and the next begins at 9:30AM, for example--and it takes more than half their class time to get into the building for the second class. I had a Sim who did ALL her work, studied a lot, never missed a class, and because she showed up late to her final exam due to the scheduling problem (which was not MY fault) she got a D+ in the class. Seems wrong to me.

Agreed, I created a post on that over at Answer HQ, because I think that is a pretty bad oversight. I have worked with people that scheduled classes on universities irl and you are absolutely not allowed to schedule classes like that.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Why don’t Servos have ghosts? This just seem like laziness. They are “alive” so therefore they would have a soul yet all I’m left with is a gravestone if a Servo dies.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited December 2019
    University was 50 % off, so I thought, I´ll try it.
    After playing one term I´m seriously frustrated.

My sim does nothing but do her homework, study, write term papers and do that presentation thingy, sleep, eat, shower and use the toilet. Her needs go down like crazy (way faster than normal), she´s constantly in the red, I can´t edit the dorm without cheating, so she´s (theoreticaly) stuck with that bad bed. Eating is no problem because she bought a mini fridge and her roommates always bring lobster and other high quality dishes. Where they get it from is anyone´s guess. No one does the dishes, though.

Anytime I try to make her do something, townies and roommates are pestering her, so everything takes even longer. Otherwise the campus is quite empty.

Going anywhere on campus takes ages, she´s often late to class because she seldomly goes early on her own and I can´t figure out which building is the right one. She´s got a bike - which she drives inside of houses.

When she´s finally inside that rabbit hole class, the only thing I can do is staring at the screen in fast forward mode.

She did her presentation, but didn´t submit it, because I thought, the game would prompt me to do it, which it didn´t. Still have no clue how to do it. Have to look that up.

Why is there no way to see how a student is doing? Asking the professors seems pointless, why is there no performence meter like in school or any job??

Most of the new clothes and hairstyles are actually quite nice.

The robots seem interesting, but my sim is too busy to try making one, she tried once, but got zapped nearly instantly.

Everything is stressfull and boring at the same time.

I think I will play that save until she graduates, then I´ll return to the Sims 3.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • J0YXsimsJ0YXsims Posts: 3 New Member
    My sim bought University clothing from the vendor, and received t-shirts etc from the organisations she joined - where can I find them? Really frustrating!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    J0YXsims wrote: »
    My sim bought University clothing from the vendor, and received t-shirts etc from the organisations she joined - where can I find them? Really frustrating!

Theyll be unlocked in your cas options for them.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Like a handful of others in this thread, I’ve never been into University (in any iteration of the Sims and I’ve been playing since Sims 1) but I’ve always bought the pack because even if I find playing the actual going to university part boring as all get out, the University pack has always added other aspects to gameplay that was useful and quite a lot of fun everywhere else in the game.

Not this one!

This is just useless, frustrating and a huge disappointment, and I wasn’t even expecting much to begin with.

I agree with the sentiment that Robotics should have been their own GP or included with a different XP that actually makes sense.

I don’t have any complaints about classes being rabbit-holes, this is on par with what we’ve had in the past and there’s an extremely limited number of things we could reasonably expect that would make active classes even semi-entertaining anyway.

And yes, I see your counter-argument of “...gameplay in my game.” But how is sitting and watching a Sim watch another sim talk for 2 hours, or sleep for two hours through said, any more gameplay than just speeding through 2 hours of not watching them do nothing? Either way, you’re sitting and watching your sim do nothing for 2 hours and we get enough of that already in this iteration. I already have to spend 2 or more sim hours waiting for my sim to eat, use the toilet, go to the dang bed to sleep, walk to the friggin’ mailbox, wait starving to death to get his food in a restaurant... Sims 4 is already a game of gameplay about watching your sim stand like a lump for two hours before getting a move on... rabbit hole classes are the least of it’s flaws. That’s at least by design.

Dorms/University housing was poorly implemented. No excuses for this. No excuses for just blanket banning stoves, or the ability to place one somewhere accessible, even if it had to be on a floor separate from any bed. A lot of University housing these days are set up with small kitchens and a common living space, with rooms and baths off on each side. Even in dorms with rooms set up along halls like a hotel, each floor has a shared kitchen space, a shared common room to study and watch tv, and the large shared bathrooms with multiple showers and toilets.

At the very least, they could have ensured we had more buildable lots on the map so we could add our own buildings to accommodate the things they intentionally made impossible in their buildings.

Kids not being able to ride bikes is inexcusable. I don’t even like playing children and I think it’s a complete travesty to exclude them.

Again with the endless stream of freakish townies... I guess in this case we should call them pear-shaped Dormies... because with the food situation being what it is, if they aren’t pear-shaped, they soon will be.

We have several fantastic careers and activities that have been added to the game, but they didn’t bother to link them in with University in any meaningful way. What’s the point of getting a degree, when you can be further ahead in your respective career by just applying yourself for less time?

Next time it comes down to having to choose between focusing on new lot traits or new Sim traits, please, for the love of Will Wright, focus on Sim traits and allow us to assign more! Because the lot traits we got are restrictive garbage.

Ugh.
  • Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    I sent my sim to the foxbury and everything was okay, he was doing quite good. It was fun.

But, then after he done all his work, really studied and everything at the end of first semester he got an F for one of the classes. I just couldn't understand why. So, okay I tried the second semester and again the same thing. I think it was macroeconomy or something. So I gave up. I think it said something that he cheated or smth but I know for sure that he didn't.

And also something that I apsolutely dislike is that you have to pass 12 classes to graduate. I think that is way too much and it should be at least 8 or so.

I'm waiting for a mode that will make it shorter because as I said its way too long.

• pheemamapheemama Posts: 5 New Member
    My complaint is the dorm room NPCs are constantly changing every couple of days, sometimes it even seems like it happens more often than that.. Is that how it is suppose be? I was hoping whoever was in the dorm when I started would stay the same until graduation.
  • TokamiTokami Posts: 8 New Member
    I really only have 1 complaint at the moment and that's how long it takes to get to class. It's frustrating and the class is over by the time I get there. I have to teleport my sim outside the class before it starts now, which I feel like I shouldn't have to do.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've played with university for two different sims, and I do have some complaints so far. Some are specific to DU, while others are part of the base game, but kind of interfere with the university experience:

1. My sim keeps leaving his bike out whenever I have him travel using it.
    2. Whims don't fulfill and are pretty much useless now
    3. Lag when processing action queue
    4. A bunch of other subtle bugs that make it frustrating to order my sim around

I don't think the game can take any more DLC packs without further destabilizing :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Like a handful of others in this thread, I’ve never been into University (in any iteration of the Sims and I’ve been playing since Sims 1) but I’ve always bought the pack because even if I find playing the actual going to university part boring as all get out, the University pack has always added other aspects to gameplay that was useful and quite a lot of fun everywhere else in the game.

Not this one!

This is just useless, frustrating and a huge disappointment, and I wasn’t even expecting much to begin with.

I agree with the sentiment that Robotics should have been their own GP or included with a different XP that actually makes sense.

I don’t have any complaints about classes being rabbit-holes, this is on par with what we’ve had in the past and there’s an extremely limited number of things we could reasonably expect that would make active classes even semi-entertaining anyway.

And yes, I see your counter-argument of “...gameplay in my game.” But how is sitting and watching a Sim watch another sim talk for 2 hours, or sleep for two hours through said, any more gameplay than just speeding through 2 hours of not watching them do nothing? Either way, you’re sitting and watching your sim do nothing for 2 hours and we get enough of that already in this iteration. I already have to spend 2 or more sim hours waiting for my sim to eat, use the toilet, go to the dang bed to sleep, walk to the friggin’ mailbox, wait starving to death to get his food in a restaurant... Sims 4 is already a game of gameplay about watching your sim stand like a lump for two hours before getting a move on... rabbit hole classes are the least of it’s flaws. That’s at least by design.

Dorms/University housing was poorly implemented. No excuses for this. No excuses for just blanket banning stoves, or the ability to place one somewhere accessible, even if it had to be on a floor separate from any bed. A lot of University housing these days are set up with small kitchens and a common living space, with rooms and baths off on each side. Even in dorms with rooms set up along halls like a hotel, each floor has a shared kitchen space, a shared common room to study and watch tv, and the large shared bathrooms with multiple showers and toilets.

At the very least, they could have ensured we had more buildable lots on the map so we could add our own buildings to accommodate the things they intentionally made impossible in their buildings.

Kids not being able to ride bikes is inexcusable. I don’t even like playing children and I think it’s a complete travesty to exclude them.

Again with the endless stream of freakish townies... I guess in this case we should call them pear-shaped Dormies... because with the food situation being what it is, if they aren’t pear-shaped, they soon will be.

We have several fantastic careers and activities that have been added to the game, but they didn’t bother to link them in with University in any meaningful way. What’s the point of getting a degree, when you can be further ahead in your respective career by just applying yourself for less time?

Next time it comes down to having to choose between focusing on new lot traits or new Sim traits, please, for the love of Will Wright, focus on Sim traits and allow us to assign more! Because the lot traits we got are restrictive garbage.

Ugh.

I agree with your post and for me some parts of Sims 4 can be frustrating being Sims 4 never evolved like previous iterations or any other game in an series. As with every other pack in Sims 4 there is an feeling of limitation for me. EA/Maxis tried but for me just can't hit that sweet spot. I expect it to continue until Sims 4 reach its end even if they are doing 64 Bit.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »

Ugh.

Preach! Sorry to shorten your excellent post but the part above is my main problem with the game.

Unfortunately, I think S4 is coded by lots. Their designation and design was meant to "make" it appear busy. And sims are "coded" to use those lots according to the objects that must be on them.

They do this because the sims themselves lack any depth of design by the devs. It was all lot design. And now lot traits.

I don't think they can do anything for the sims themselves. It's not part of this engine design. Or this game design.

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited December 2019
    So my sim did her second term. I cheated her a better bed (and a thermostat for the dorm while I was at it, because apparently there are none and everyone was cold), and even so had to cheat up her needs two times, because she wouldn´t have been able to finish her tasks.
    A big problem (but that applies to the whole game of Sims 4) is that sims don´t do what you tell them, or they "multitask" and everything takes ages. I mean, eating and chatting takes some time, but 4 hours? Also, it´s still not a good idea to queue up things after the command to eat. They will abandon their food and do the other thing. Or they take it with them and try to eat and paint, for example.

Going to class early autonomously worked better this time for whatever reason, didn´t change anything. Still, going around campus is a chore. She walkes when she´s supposed to bike and bikes inside the library, I mainly had her jog everywhere to avoid that.

She did all the homework, the presentation, attended all classes without being too late, turned in all term papers, and still got a D- in one course . What the actual fluff?? The term paper she turned in was "outstanding". There seems to be a bug, but it´s supposed to be solved with my patch level. Well, it´s apparently not.

Juice pong doesn´t work. The sims stand awkwardly for a while at the table and then do something else (or have to be reset in case of my sim).

My sim got to repair a servo which was fun. Also made a chatter bot (which bores her) and a ... whatever the flying toys are called, those are great. Had to pause the crafting two times to have her take a nap after getting zapped, though. She has level 5 in robotics. I´ll have her craft a servo at some point. Probably after her degree.

I´m pretty sure, not all of her roommates are in the culinary class. Even so, at the moment there are 5 whole roast chicken in the mini fridge, along with numeral plates of Monte Christo sandwiches, omelets, different kinds of cookies and some cakes. I never attended university myself, but I have been in dorms, and the only things you could find there in the fridge were some noodles and suspicious yoghurt, even if each and every dorm had a stove.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • RainasfaceRainasface Posts: 6 New Member
    I have a Sim who has graduated Uni and moved back to San Myshuno... but anytime he "convinces" someone, ANYONE, to cook, they make white cake. I am drowning in cakes. Is this working as expected? What does a fellow have to do to completely sponge off his roommates and neighbors? Am I Marie Antoinette?
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Rainasface wrote: »
    I have a Sim who has graduated Uni and moved back to San Myshuno... but anytime he "convinces" someone, ANYONE, to cook, they make white cake. I am drowning in cakes. Is this working as expected? What does a fellow have to do to completely sponge off his roommates and neighbors? Am I Marie Antoinette?

Yes they seem to only make white cake.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Rainasface wrote: »

Yes they seem to only make white cake.

Maybe take the cake back to campus and swap it for some of that Lobster they seem to be hoarding? 😂
  • RainasfaceRainasface Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Lemon405 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Maybe take the cake back to campus and swap it for some of that Lobster they seem to be hoarding? 😂

Right?? Where are they getting all that lobster!?! I mean, sure... when people are talking ME into cooking for them, usually what they WANT me to make is cake. But I really feel they should be convinced to cook a variety of at least the level 1 foods.
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    So if you don't play households that are enrolled in university they will go on probation and eventually get kicked out of the dorms?

The Pleasants were on probation when I got around to looking at them. The pre-made sims (Fletcher & Best Of Friends) were removed from their respective dorms and I found then in the household bins. I never played with them.

Is this on purpose?