Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• ls2177ls2177 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="Aericia;c-17324008"]In my language there is a word "przekombinować" which means that you wanted to do something very, very clever but you overdo it and the plum came out. :/

Interesting idea with no progress bar showing achievements. Good idea with questions to professors... But it is a pity that my Sim was in all classes, always listened carefully, did all homework, wrote a very good (as the game told me!) term paper and finally got the worst possible grade.

Does the assessment depend on luck? Is this a lottery? Or maybe EA once again released the game with huge errors?

And the second thing is Foxbury campus. I don't mind that it's empty, because my Sims are sitting all the time in the dorm and studying or staying in rabbit holes ... But this place is uncomfortable to play, buildings are too high, the camera going crazy and nothing is visible. In addition, someone had woderful idea! - let's give stairs everywhere, cyclists will be delighted!

I apologize for complaining but I am very disappointed with the addition. :([/quote]

I think your sims must obtain a certain level on the skills before they're eligible for good grades. Your sims must improve their skills by studying throgh textbook/laptop, or just do any activities related to improving the skills alongside of doing homework and writing term papers. The fact that there's no progress bar for this (like how it is for the careers) sucks so much.
    @PHOEBESMOM601 that's probably due to something in the game code that doesn't allow different NPCs from two different venue types to show up at the same time. Well nothing surprises me anymore, it's been 5 years and we still haven't got firefighters and burglars :/

@LDraconis There's a mod to prolong the terms by Zero. There are also mods to make the tuition more expensive, to stop roomates from practicing instruments/listening to music, etc. Why it has to be a mod is what bugs me though.
  • LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    > @ls2177 said:
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 that's probably due to something in the game code that doesn't allow different NPCs from two different venue types to show up at the same time. Well nothing surprises me anymore, it's been 5 years and we still haven't got firefighters and burglars :/
    >
    > @LDraconis There's a mod to prolong the terms by Zero. There are also mods to make the tuition more expensive, to stop roomates from practicing instruments/listening to music, etc. Why it has to be a mod is what bugs me though.

Prolonging terms would be good. Making tuition more expensive could be a problem though since normal people go to university first and then into careers second. Having to have a well established career to pay for your university sort of defeats the purpose of higher education. And stop roommates from practising or listening to music? Nah, that kind of activity is realistic.
    @LDraconis well some people find the current tuition range to be too cheap as it is quite easy to earn money even without university degrees. They want their sims to go into debt and be totally broke for more realistic feels I think lol. About the roommates though, you can either stop them from doing annoying things (like summoning trash, it's fine once in a while but it gets old and annoying very quickly) or just decrease the frequency. You can also limit career options for sims with no university degree with these mods.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2019
    ls2177 wrote: »
    Aericia wrote: »
    In my language there is a word "przekombinować" which means that you wanted to do something very, very clever but you overdo it and the plum came out. :/

Interesting idea with no progress bar showing achievements. Good idea with questions to professors... But it is a pity that my Sim was in all classes, always listened carefully, did all homework, wrote a very good (as the game told me!) term paper and finally got the worst possible grade.

Does the assessment depend on luck? Is this a lottery? Or maybe EA once again released the game with huge errors?

And the second thing is Foxbury campus. I don't mind that it's empty, because my Sims are sitting all the time in the dorm and studying or staying in rabbit holes ... But this place is uncomfortable to play, buildings are too high, the camera going crazy and nothing is visible. In addition, someone had woderful idea! - let's give stairs everywhere, cyclists will be delighted!

I apologize for complaining but I am very disappointed with the addition. :(

I think your sims must obtain a certain level on the skills before they're eligible for good grades. Your sims must improve their skills by studying throgh textbook/laptop, or just do any activities related to improving the skills alongside of doing homework and writing term papers. The fact that there's no progress bar for this (like how it is for the careers) plum so much.

Thank You, but my Sims got their skills on 10 (one girl got 8-10).

Now I know why my Sim got worst grade! There is a little problem with presentation! You can present it till 16.30 (4.30pm) and I think that she was late. Yesterday I got the same problem, I guess. It was 4.15pm when she left dorn and run to the other building to present her work. But it was far away and she arrived about 4.40 (Foxbury, aaaa, stairs and more stairs and I sold my beautiful bike because she left it anyway in the middle of campus, useless thing, who came up with this idea??? Foxbury only for supernaturals with teleportation!) and the presentation was marked as „done” but she never presented it. I left my game without save but I think, that was the reason. :(

It wasn’t last day so why the presentation was marked as „done” so fast? Before she even enter to the building. It was friday and I didn’t want to wait till monday to see, if she could present it again... :(

Instead of progress bar we could check our progress by asking the professors. We can even raise our grades by asking the professor we will make friends with... often they agree and if not, you can try next day...
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    My sim is studying Law, which means that she is at Foxbury and she must be able to debate. But Foxbury does not have the debate guild only Britechester has. This makes no sense?
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Also has anyone been experiencing lag? Because even Pixelade with his high end computer has been experiencing lag with the pack and I had to turn my settings unusually low just to play and I shouldn’t have to.

I have to play on low specs or my laptop starts sounding because of the heat as if it were summer.
  • LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2019
    @LDraconis well some people find the current tuition range to be too cheap as it is quite easy to earn money even without university degrees. They want their sims to go into debt and be totally broke for more realistic feels I think lol. About the roommates though, you can either stop them from doing annoying things (like summoning trash, it's fine once in a while but it gets old and annoying very quickly) or just decrease the frequency. You can also limit career options for sims with no university degree with these mods.

It is of course easy to earn money in game without a degree, however if your plan is for your Sim to go directly into university, you do not necessarily start out with that much, particularly since you will be needing housing on graduation (Edit: and also considering that if your Sim breaks off from an existing family, you have to split their funds to provide for your Uni-Sim. If you want them to have cash problems, start them with little or no cash). Not saying that mods to make things more expensive are for no one, just not for me, and giving my reasons. Play the way you enjoy! :)

Not been finding that much trouble with bad roommates. Most of them actually seem to be doing their dishes. Spoiled food is another matter and they do not seem to mop a lot but mopping is only needed after plumbing breaks. Actually the only really annoying thing I have seen roommates do is repairing things when I want my Sim working on handiness. Again, though, that is me. Play the way you enjoy :smiley:
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have a complaint. I can't move my students to other houses mid term. A term is a long time to play if you don't like where your sim is. I understand they probably wanted to make that part of the challenge of the game. Ok but most games that create challenges have a SANDBOX mode where you can bypass them.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I have a complaint. I can't move my students to other houses mid term. A term is a long time to play if you don't like where your sim is. I understand they probably wanted to make that part of the challenge of the game. Ok but most games that create challenges have a SANDBOX mode where you can bypass them.

It’s not that realistic to move during school. Maybe to a different room if you have an issue with a roommate but that’s about it. And I’m pretty sure Sims 4 has never been Sandbox...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

It’s not that realistic to move during school. Maybe to a different room if you have an issue with a roommate but that’s about it. And I’m pretty sure Sims 4 has never been Sandbox...

I think you're going to find people will disagree with you. While all versions have some sort of grind to them TS4 has by far the least sandbox play. It's almost nonexistent.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    University pack but 30% education and 70% organisation and party
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I think you're going to find people will disagree with you. While all versions have some sort of grind to them TS4 has by far the least sandbox play. It's almost nonexistent.

That’s literally what I said 🙄
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

That’s literally what I said 🙄

Sorry, I didn't see the SIms 4 part. My only excuse is that I was on my first cup of coffee after waking up. :#
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

You can move to other houses as long as it's not University housing. Just use Move Household from the phone. It won't remove your sim from Uni. I do wish I could change dorms sometimes, though.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I wish Servos were more limited in social interactions. Even traits, I don't understand why they need them at all.

I know they're just regular sims in a metal suit because that's how TS4 works, but that's so bland and disappointing.
  • SailorsMomSailorsMom Posts: 1 New Member
    Figuring out the best way to play rotationally without my sims failing out is driving me crazy. It really makes me regret buying the pack. EA should have put in an option for term progress to freeze while you are playing other households. It's not like sims lose their jobs while you're not playing them. I'm going to try Zero's longer term mod when it's out of testing. Anyone have other tips?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was surprised to see my sim entering the library with her bicycle and then parked it inside. Like wth... was this intentional or did EA half-plum the bicycle feature? Did they forget to code the "stop when entering a building" into the game lmao

I dont mind it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I was surprised to see my sim entering the library with her bicycle and then parked it inside. Like wth... was this intentional or did EA half-plum the bicycle feature? Did they forget to code the "stop when entering a building" into the game lmao

I dont mind it.

I mind it.
    I have sims riding their bike in the dorm. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2019
    I had one of my sims take four classes, there was no problem getting her homework done but she had classes that started right after each other and they were located in different buildings! Without LittleMsSam's Faster Run To University Class mod there would have been no way for her to get there on time.

I'm surprised Maxis did not see that happening.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    NPC Servos aren’t self sufficient!! I had one Servo as my roommate in Uni who kept breaking down. Luckily my sim was there to repair him most of the time. Until one time where my sim was in a skill class and the servo died in the dorm due to not being repaired. My sim got hit with a sad mood let for 2 days. I guess he blames himself for the servos death.

At least I got a cool grave out of it...

It kinda sucks the game doesn’t make it so NPC Servos are immune to breaking down.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2019
    I love my mega dorm. It's so much fun to play.
    However, the lights are now out because my sims have to pay a 31,000 simoleon bill.
    11-27-19_8-54-07nbspAM.png

I just let the bill become overdue just to see what happens.
    It is ridiculous to treat the dorm as home ownership. They are basically leasing the entire dorm instead of renting a room.
    I like that the initial housing cost was over 3,000 simoleons, but that bill is too much.

It's no problem to money cheat the appropriate amount, but it takes you out of the game.
    Obviously, EA didn't take into consideration that people were going to build huge and expensive dorms, but if we are going to be billed during the term, it should be for the same amount as the initial housing cost.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Hi all, I have to admit that I didnt even look once at my thread after university was released. I was busy with more important things and I also just did not really care at all about this EP. I did not expect it would be this bad that I dont even browse the forum for players experience.
    It utterly annoyed me the way this EP was introduced, how it disappointed the majority, how there was no care at all about this and how the marketing just continued with it's usual little tricks and methods to sell an EP that was beyond ridiculously empty.

I am so done with this whole The sims 4 game and I feel a lot others too. Now I just know.. in fact.. that anything being released from now will contain the same nonsense.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't like shower woohoo. There I said it. It looks rubbish in the Sims 4 like my Sims just vanish and I can see the wall in the back of the shower. I know we don't see stuff in TS4 and I'm more than good with that but at least make it so I can't just see an empty shower with slight fog and hearts coming out of it. At least make it look believable like my sims could actually be in the shower.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like shower woohoo. There I said it. It looks rubbish in the Sims 4 like my Sims just vanish and I can see the wall in the back of the shower. I know we don't see stuff in TS4 and I'm more than good with that but at least make it so I can't just see an empty shower with slight fog and hearts coming out of it. At least make it look believable like my sims could actually be in the shower.

I like the animations with the doors moving but I dont like how they dont take off their clothes.