Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    Now that some people already said it: I fear the classes will be a side activity in this pack and it's all about the clubs. The easels we see are probably an art club, not a class. Everything they show in the trailer are probably just the clubs.

• EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I wonder why there is No Llama University though?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Looks great!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the two contrast universities, the school clothes, hairstyles, bicicles, the keg being brought back, the teacher & computer science careers & the funny Robot.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I'm really excited for this pack because it's the one I've been waiting for since TS4 released (I loved university packs both in TS2 and TS3), but I'm also really scared about a couple of things: no bikes for kids, no much education gameplay (all classes being rabbitholes), no bunk beds, a small selection of majors.

I really don't want to be disappointed with this pack as I was with Island Living and Realm of Magic. Please please please let it be as good as Seasons! :s
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Wow, didn't seem as interesting as I thought it might be. For example, It didn't appear to show any dorm room designs with bunk beds or a teaching career, new stylish clothes, hair styles,etc. Also, I doubt my Sims would bother to use that bike since it probably goes into a rabbit hole as this isn't an open world. But we'll see, I guess.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    QTVSFZg.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Y’all I read there are three new careers I’m squealing over here. On the official page it lists teaching (my actual career is in game finally), law and engineering. I’m assuming rabbit hole careers but with three of them I don’t even care.

I think classes are rabbit holes but hey we don’t know anything for sure and I hated that aspect of sims 3 so I’m not upset by it at all.

There are more majors than listed online based on what simguruninja said. I mean the majors listed don’t fit teaching or law at all. It also says there are a ton to choose from and I doubt anyone would consider 4 a ton. So fingers crossed for a good handful of majors and major activities.

Hoping for bunk beds in a patch.

Overall I’m excited seems like it’s got a lot going for it based on the trailer alone and we don’t know all the info yet. Too many great games coming out next month...I’m going to be broke.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Wow, didn't seem as interesting as I thought it might be. For example, It didn't appear to show any dorm room designs with bunk beds or a teaching career, new stylish clothes, hair styles,etc. Also, I doubt my Sims would bother to use that bike since it probably goes into a rabbit hole as this isn't an open world. But we'll see, I guess.

There is a teaching career. I think I saw that on Carl's channel. The bike looks like it might work like jogging.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wow I was not excited at all....the town looks like newcrest\willow creek. I was hoping for more info about dorms, greek houses(if any), secret societies...guess I will wait for the livestream. I like the idea of less class more lab work to improve grades if it works like that. I don't want to watch my sims sit in a classroom.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY THOUGHT ABOUT ROTATIONAL PLAYERS THIS PACK. I want to be able to send all my teens to college at the same time.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I'm hoping there's an option to temporarily change the Sim's aspiration while they're in Uni. The majors and careers sound interesting and I like that there is more than one campus.

But something is missing...

Sims_greek_party.jpg
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I am liking what I see so far. Can't wait to see more! Only a little over 3 weeks to go... :love:

keekee53 wrote: »
    I REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY THOUGHT ABOUT ROTATIONAL PLAYERS THIS PACK. I want to be able to send all my teens to college at the same time.

Oh yes, me too. I only play rotational, so this is essential.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I wish that everyone in the university is contained in their own world with an aging off so they cant be replaced with townies
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm hoping there's an option to temporarily change the Sim's aspiration while they're in Uni. The majors and careers sound interesting and I like that there is more than one campus.

But something is missing...

Sims_greek_party.jpg

it was announced yesterday. :) so it might be to soon to say missing more like not there yet.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's always been known that they can make great reveal trailers. The City Living trailer was like, one of the best reveals yet and they always make you feel like it's really selling it. But then I got CL and realised just how much they really left out.

So I'm still quite cautious about purchasing (they still won't get a dime out of me till my RoM fixes are addressed). But never will I ever buy an EP ever for full price ever again (never ever). I'll find it on sale somewhere for the holiday season.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Looool the braided girl at the end, right next to the girl who threw the juice pong, is pregnant👀👀👀 Sims can pregnant in uni???
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I liked most of what I saw. But once again the teams opted to play it safe, and failed to bring what I consider 'new' gameplay into this pack. I saw a lot of partying and socializing going on which is already ninety percent of what Sims4 is about, one new prank where students seem to be throwing rolls of toilet paper at a statue, bicycles that may or may not be useable in other worlds, a female student having a meltdown during a debate, an actual ping pong table, but the robots seem to be the one totally new addition to the game aside from bicycles. Everything else has either been done in past packs or can be done using mods. I saw a lot of new B/B and CAS assets to use, but personally, I probably wouldn't use very much of it. Not trying to dissuade anyone from buying Uni, just stating my personal feelings here. This is another pack that will stay on my wait list. I'll wait until the modding community fixes the bugs from RoM and this one, and then I'll pick those up at half price. Because EA has failed to provide it's teams with the right tools to create new animations, these packs lack a certain spark that sets them apart from the earlier packs. And seeing the same animations applied to 'new' gameplay doesn't make it new. It's just a new way to do what we already have, and have been doing, for five years. I guess after playing the series for as many years as I have, I'm a bit jaded in how I view new content. I haven't been wowed by a new Sims4 pack since Seasons, and even Seasons had it's share of issues. In the back of my mind I secretly had some hope for this pack. Maybe more info and watching gameplay streams will change my mind. But I'll still wait before buying it at full price.
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2019
    YES! YES! YES!... I haven't been this excited about a game pack in ages! THANK YOU!!!

(I meant EXPANSION pack, of course.) :p
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Looool the braided girl at the end, right next to the girl who threw the juice pong, is pregnant👀👀👀 Sims can pregnant in uni???

I think that's just her body type... But I assume you can get pregnant in uni, why not?
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Crying in the bathroom..oh goodness my sim is going to suffer just like I am.
  • WILLAFFLECKWILLAFFLECK Posts: 13 New Member
    Questions: 1. Can we go at any age? I'm literally a 60 yo student fulltime and work fulltime, and 5-10% of our students are 40-70.
    2. Will there be that wierd lag when we go from Island Life to Uni? I used to take forever to get there by boat or jetski in Sims 3.
    3. Can we open our own business at Uni, like a cafe we own?
    4. Is there a way we can turn off certain packs? I don't like vampires at uni, but am ok with merfolk.
    5. Can we start from any of the worlds? Can I raise kids in Tinseltown and have them go?
  • WILLAFFLECKWILLAFFLECK Posts: 13 New Member
    I really hope the bikes can be used anywhere, because I live in a city where we had 1 million bike trips across the small bridge three blocks from my house, and most of us in the city don't drive except on trips, so we're all about bikes, walking, solowheels, e-scooters, and e-longboards
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    It's always been known that they can make great reveal trailers. The City Living trailer was like, one of the best reveals yet and they always make you feel like it's really selling it. But then I got CL and realised just how much they really left out.

So I'm still quite cautious about purchasing (they still won't get a dime out of me till my RoM fixes are addressed). But never will I ever buy an EP ever for full price ever again (never ever). I'll find it on sale somewhere for the holiday season.

This is how I feel. That trailer had me interested and I've never been interested in university packs before. Their marketing team is doing a good job for the packs recently! Then I remembered I was super pumped for ROM and a lot of what they advertised that got me pumped was broken in my game so... yeah, I'd like my game as is fixed before I pay full price to pile more bugs on top. (I won't be paying full price again, I just said that to prove a point).

Post edited by Camkat on
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    im team brinchester
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    University has never been a big favorite EP of mine in any installment (the school aspect is always been pretty boring to me), but looking forward to a lot of the activities, build/buy mode and CAS items are looking really good. :) Nice to know there's some returning careers coming as I know Education is one that's been requested. Hoping you can tutort sims and younger sims (especially for money)

Really wantin' that minifridge will fit well into a lot my more run down apartments and trailer builds in game. Definitely giving a couple of sims a bike so I can see them riding around outside of University as well.

The minifridge is probably the most exciting thing to me, too. I hated university in real life and in previous Sims games, and since there's nothing here for families, I'd probably give it a pass. But the fridges!
    I just want things to match. :'(