Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chat Thread 3.0

AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
edited October 2019 in Off Topic Chat
I haven't been able to find this mentioned under the do's and don'ts so I assume it's alright?

How are you today? :smile:
1NraNSJ.png
My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
Post edited by Ayeffen on

Comments

• Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    edited October 2019
    Well noblead, I am currently regressing to my sixth form years, sat in my towel having showered maybe 45 minutes later than intended, fully aware that I should eat breakfast but am instead faffing about with online things. I shall be taking my grandmother to the O2 shop today to switch her back to O2 after she left it for a cheaper and much poorer BT mobile account, wherein she has been over-charged for data and might as well pay £5 more with O2 and regain power through the My O2 app. The things we do to avoid doing real work like resubmitting failed essays for career advancement.

Hows about you? Should you not be conducting Business meetings or something?
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Maus652 wrote: »
    Well noblead, I am currently regressing to my sixth form years, sat in my towel having showered maybe 45 minutes later than intended, fully aware that I should eat breakfast but am instead faffing about with online things. I shall be taking my grandmother to the O2 shop today to switch her back to O2 after she left it for a cheaper and much poorer BT mobile account, wherein she has been over-charged for data and might as well pay £5 more with O2 and regain power through the My O2 app. The things we do to avoid doing real work like resubmitting failed essays for career advancement.

Hows about you? Should you not be conducting Business meetings or something?

I feel as though mornings like this are designed for sluggishly getting ready. I have had bad experiences with BT mobile as well although through BT business so good idea going back to O2. At least you know where you stand with them.

I'm preparing some info for a coffee with potential client tomorrow. I need to actually work out how much I intend to charge/earn. :lol:

Might get the car washed if it stays dry.
    1NraNSJ.png
    edited October 2019
    Welp! I made it in time! In fact, I was there a whole 3 minutes before her, so I could look well chill and nonchalent. You know, cause being cool is super important when meeting your Biggest Fan.

We had a really nice day, actually. I needed it. I feel mentally equiped to tackle my essay tomorrow now. Yes.

It all went very smoothly at O2. We got served by this absolute DISH of a man. We were both commenting how pretty he was when we were well out of ear shot. Oooph.

I hope you charged him what you are worth, Noblead!
    moPdFIb.jpg
    edited October 2019
    It's just working out whatever deductions you'd normally experience plus anything like benefits I have to supply myself with like health insurance - not that I got it before, but just something to consider I could make it affordable to myself.
    1NraNSJ.png
    Health Insurance can be such a farce though.
    My cousin had good health insurance through her company cause she's a hot shot accountant or some such. It's not covering her treatment cause it's "too new". :neutral: Instead her mum's remortgaged her already paid-off house.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Health Insurance can be such a farce though.
    My cousin had good health insurance through her company cause she's a hot shot accountant or some such. It's not covering her treatment cause it's "too new". :neutral: Instead her mum's remortgaged her already paid-off house.

Ah

I am sort of conscious of things like that though. Treatments being recommended/trialled but not officially dubbed for that specific condition by whatever body. My Mum is a prime example of that. The minute something is rolled out as an MS treatment it becomes 10 times more expensive for the NHS.
    1NraNSJ.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    Hello. 😂 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Hello!

How are you? Are you in the US? Or are you just a nightowl?
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Hello!

How are you? Are you in the US? Or are you just a nightowl?

I live in Singapore. So it's 1.30pm for me.
    832XG3D.gif
    Cool! I'd love to go there. We keep going to Japan at the moment but I'd love to explore Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam so maybe we should do that as a massive land-hopping trip instead.

What's the weather like there at the moment? You're *gropes around for geographical knowledge* south... of the equator...? Certainly more South than the UK is hah.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Cool! I'd love to go there. We keep going to Japan at the moment but I'd love to explore Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam so maybe we should do that as a massive land-hopping trip instead.

What's the weather like there at the moment? You're *gropes around for geographical knowledge* south... of the equator...? Certainly more South than the UK is hah.

You're gonna love Singapore! It's really dope according to tourists. LOL.

We're a tad bit north of the Equator. It's humid here but this is the part of the year where it starts raining a lot in the afternoon.
    832XG3D.gif
    We need rain D:
    But I also don't like the rain. It's cold here! I don't mind it being a bit wet at times... when it's warm. I am not a fan of wet autumn and winter full stop. :D

I am not a sun worshipper, but I do worship warmth. I am basically a reptile in human clothes.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    edited October 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hello. 😂 😂

Hi DeKay!

I'd also love to visit Singapore at some point - shamefully the furthest east I've been is probably Naples in Italy. I think we're set on seeing what we can within a couple of hours flight time first.

On another note - spotted this earlier and I'm not sure I've seen a better understanding of Sim mechanics in a human-being. :lol:

1NraNSJ.png
    edited October 2019
    Hah! Brilliant.

So my grandmother has messaged me to say I have a parking fine somewhere (She shares my name and has opened it up) but is not responding to my immediate questions of: what? Where? What?

Also I suspect this time it IS her because as I type this I recall that my driver's licence is registered to my flat so it wouldn't go to her?

Edit: So the CAR is registered to her house. Stupid.

And it WAS me, but back in August. And I paid for the parking and have receipt, online booking and everything prove it. No, they want to charge me £50 (if I pay now, £75 if I refuse) for arriving 5 minutes and 10 seconds early to my booked parking slot!

Big fat NO is what they're going to get. If they're lucky, I won't charge them for WASTING MY TIME.
    Post edited by Maus652 on
    moPdFIb.jpg
    It will go to wherever the vehicle owners registered address is so sounds like it is your Gran's to me. :lol:
    1NraNSJ.png
    Nope it's definitely mine! They photographed my car and everything.

I arrived 5 minutes and 11 seconds early. Also I prebooked using THEIR online system, not over the phone or paid at the machine.

I've attached THEIR pdf receipt from THEIR website onto their appeals form and have appealed to common sense: "I'm sure you will agree that £75 for driving through lighter than anticipated traffic and arriving 5minutes and 11 seconds early is unfair." :lol:

Clearly their systems are not linked up or they're trying to scam less fiery people into paying twice.

The prices they charge, the extra 5 minutes doesn't even put you up in the next price bracket! Such nonsense.

What I do find hilarious is the message I get from the appeal submission is: "Your challenge has been successfully added and we shall respond to you within 14 days." So if they decide that I have to be charged £75 for that £5, I have lost my 14 day window to pay £25 less!

I have many bad word for these people.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Nope it's definitely mine! They photographed my car and everything.
    I arrived 5 minutes and 11 seconds early. Also I prebooked using THEIR online system, not over the phone or paid at the machine.

I've attached THEIR pdf receipt from THEIR website onto their appeals form and have appealed to common sense: "I'm sure you will agree that £75 for driving through lighter than anticipated traffic and arriving 5minutes and 11 seconds early is unfair." :lol:

Clearly their systems are not linked up or they're trying to scam less fiery people into paying twice.

The prices they charge, the extra 5 minutes doesn't even put you up in the next price bracket! Such nonsense.

What I do find hilarious is the message I get from the appeal submission is: "Your challenge has been successfully added and we shall respond to you within 14 days." So if they decide that I have to be charged £75 for that £5, I have lost my 14 day window to pay £25 less!

I have many bad word for these people.

Oh! That's a bit out of order. Normally when you appeal the 14 day period resets - normally.

I'm going through a similar process with the people that mange the car park for my building. My permit slipped down the dash and we got a ticket. :disappointed:

Our argument is that this is designed as a deterrent to stop people using the car park that aren't meant to where as, our registered vehicle was parked in our bay which is included in our leasehold of the flat.
    1NraNSJ.png
    Wow, y'all really love travelling, huh? I've never even been overseas before.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2019

Well fingers-crossed you get to at some point. I've been lucky enough to go to a fair few places in Europe and a few times over to the US.

If you could go anywhere - where would you go first? :smile:
    1NraNSJ.png

It is something I recommend everybody does at least 3 times in their lives.

I was very lucky that my grandparents could afford to take us aboard when we were growing up, so I was pretty well travelled in comparison to my peers.

Then again... you could end up like my mother in law. She went all the way to Hong Kong. Very nice. Except that she doesn't like rice or Chinese food! So they spent a lot of time not eating anything decent. :neutral:
    moPdFIb.jpg
    edited October 2019
    Ayeffen wrote: »

Well fingers-crossed you get to at some point. I've been lucky enough to go to a fair few places in Europe and a few times over to the US.

I wanna go to LA. But my mom is super over protective and might not want me to go overseas cuz everywhere seems to be less safe than Singapore. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2019
    I wanna go to LA. But my mom is super over protective and might not want me to go overseas cuz everywhere seems to be less safe than Singapore. 😂

I mean... 🤷‍♀ She's not wrong.

Maybe start with mainland Europe if you want to head West?
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Morning all - so I think I'll have a new client within a couple of weeks so back to being busy. :smiley:
    Ayeffen wrote: »

Ha well I suppose she's quite right to be protective. Do you have any friends that have been away before? Might make it easier if they were willing to go with you.
    1NraNSJ.png
    Woot! More clients means more money!

I'm currently getting my head around all the building controls etc. (maybe I was too tired last night?) for TS4.

I'm building the house I grew up in! The proportions aren't 100% but that's ok. The essence of it is there, if you will.

I'm right in thinking there's no pond tool anymore?
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Woot! More clients means more money!

It's an interesting one. Similar company to where I worked before but they're much earlier on in their development so quite excited at the prospect of instigating lots of cool things without having to unravel 20 years of rubbish to fit in with it. :lol:
    I'm currently getting my head around all the building controls etc. (maybe I was too tired last night?) for TS4.

I'm building the house I grew up in! The proportions aren't 100% but that's ok. The essence of it is there, if you will.

I'm right in thinking there's no pond tool anymore?

They are a bit different aren't they? The wall-height thing still gets me. :lol:

I don't remember about the ponds I'm not sure I've tried it but I have seen a couple of posts in the creation section showing ponds/lakes so maybe you can?

1NraNSJ.png