Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I do wish you luck. I tried following Sims' whims for a while, but the problem is, they don't get good ones. There are too many generics, like "research vampires on the computer" if you have Vampires, and "buy a bee box" if you have Seasons. And my Sim's kid was almost finished being a toddler before she got the whim to become engaged to his father.

On the other hand, the ISBI is really great for TS4. Your unwatched Sims will mostly take care of themselves and usually go to work and school on their own (avoid playful moods at the time they're supposed to leave). I play with my own point system, and give my households a 24-hour period when everyone gets supervised every time they accumulate 10 points.

It took me a minute to figure out the slideshow mode, but once I did, I liked it. As for paragraphs -- maybe you can insert a blank line when you want a new one? Is there a character limit on your captions?
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    Some of them are definitely repetitive, but I'm having fun with it so far. I'm usually a massive control freak, so playing hands off like this is novel enough I don't mind yet.

I'm glad the slideshow mode seems to be working so far. It's early days, so if it gets annoying I could still whack everything into a blog-style post, but ... I'm trying to muck around and so something different.

That said, the lack of paragraphs, italics, text formatting in general ... ugh. There may still be a change. At least there doesn't seem to be a character limit. But there appears to be NOTHING I can do about paragraphs.

Except ... maybe duplicate the picture and put each paragraph beneath a new copy?

Actually, I might have had an idea and things might yet get experimental :D

For now, chapter two is up and I'm sorting photos for chapter three (probably up tomorrow - I have a decent enough backlog get away with daily updates for now).
    owEyOd7.png
    edited October 2019
    Chapter three is live!

I'm kind of debating - it's a long weekend here, so I'm thinking I might celebrate the extra time off work with double updates those three days? morning and evening or something. Can't swear it, I'm running a special halloween dnd session on Sunday and might just conk out afterwards. But if I could arrange it, does that sound fun?
    owEyOd7.png
    And that's Chapter Four. Up a few hours later than usual, but it's been a long week at work.

Double weekend updates are still on the table, but I'll be more enthusiastic about the idea after a short 8 hr nap :D
    owEyOd7.png
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    Chapter 4 actually had me laughing. Toddlers are such fun.
    I'm glad you enjoyed! Toddlers are huge amounts of fun - I'm normally a bit of a control freak so I find it really tricky to just ... let things happen at this stage. Usually my toddlers are being meticulously shuffled from enriching activity to enriching activity. Part of why I bought the wabbit tablet for the first time ever - I hoped that might raise Claire for me!

(it did not, mores the pity)

That said, watching Claire toddle about making sandcastles and such was also really neat.

Anyway, chapter five is ready to go and I hope it's as much fun as the last one :D
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter Six is up, a little late. I tried to get clever last night and set it to go automatically.

Didn't quite work as hoped, I'm afraid.

But it's all sorted now :)
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter Seven has posted behind chapter six on the home page for some reason, so don't get confused? I think it's because I uploaded the draft a few days ago. Will mess with that a little as I have time.

Meanwhile, enjoy, and lets all hope my dnd game tomorrow goes swimmingly, hmm?
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter Eight! I'll see you all tonight after dnd!
    owEyOd7.png
    edited October 2019
    Chapter Nine is up. Join me in mourning the loss of my beloved Devin.

(Who's Devin, you ask? Read the chapter and find out!)

DnD went surprisingly well and tomorrow is the last day of double updates before we're back to our once-a-day schedule!
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter ten! I'll see you all tonight for the last of our double updates and then it's back to once a day from tomorrow.
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter eleven is on the short side bc I appear to have spent my long weekend incubating a cold :(
    owEyOd7.png
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

I have read up on all the chapters and I love it <3 Great job :)
    Thanks! I'm really glad you're enjoying it!

Hope chapter twelve is as much fun as the rest :)
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter thirteen is up and I've also done a massive overhaul of chapter twelve for the sake of coherence.

Wow I was ill.

I'm pretty sure everything makes sense now?

Let me know if there's anything in either chapter that comes of particularly weird though. Will put up Tucker's blurb tomorrow. And add career notes to them all probably?
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter fourteen is up. I've also finally done the blurbs for Max and Tucker, updated Claire's and Bliss's a little, and added our newest family member!
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter fifteen is up, if a little late. I'm neck deep in the latest Build-n-Share atm and having a blast.

By the way, I'm wondering how long I should run the heir poll for. Does a week sound long enough? Too long? I probably wouldn't update while the poll was live because I don't want to play too far ahead of things.
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter sixteen for your viewing pleasure.
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter seventeen

Think I might run the Heir Poll for three days. That will get us to the weekend and give me plenty of time to play up a buffer again.

If that's likely to cause issues for anyone, let me know!
    owEyOd7.png
    edited November 2019
    Chapter eighteen

I originally had things drafted out with twenty chapters til the Heir Poll, except a couple were odd lengths. I've been working on jiggling things about though, and tomorrow will be the last update before the Poll!

I'll probably put them up together, and run the poll for three full days.

(so today is the 4th here; chapter nineteen will go up with the poll on the 5th; and I'll run them until about the same time of day on the 8th - however that works out in your time zones).
    owEyOd7.png
    edited November 2019
    Chapter nineteen is up and so is our first Heir Poll!

Follow the link or click the banner below for a short blurb about where each kid is headed and to cast your vote!

9iFYeBW.png

ETA: I have just now realised I brainfarted terribly while whipping up that banner and it should say "Notable Skill" instead of Notable Trait - as in, that's what their highest skill is. I care, but not enough to fix it atm I'm afraid :D

Also, I should probably give brief credit to Galavant for the excellent lyrics that I shamelessly stole in the first couple of images for chapter 19.

If you've not watched Galavant, you should do so!
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
    If you haven't voted in the heir poll yet this is your reminder that I'll be closing the poll in approximately 12 hours.

If you have voted, this is your reminder that you're an awesome person and I appreciate your readership.
    owEyOd7.png
    edited November 2019
    Thank you all very much! Consider the heir poll closed, any votes made from now obviously will not count. Results will be announced on the blog tomorrow alongside chapter twenty.

Getting us here has basically eaten my buffer so I'm going to take the rest of the evening to get some play in and then I expect I'll start up daily updates again from tomorrow night.

ETA: The weekend has not been especially restful. Updates will start tomorrow night, with my apologies.
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
    Sorry for the delay! Weekend got busy and I barely got any play in. Thankfully I've managed to get a few chapters ahead now.

On which note, I'd like to present chapter twenty and the results of the heir poll!
    owEyOd7.png
    Chapter twenty one is up. I've hit the end of Bliss's tenure in my play, as well. Got a little emotional tbh.
    owEyOd7.png